Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Huzordaddy
Had problems at a local grocery store using OVs where they worked fine just yesterday. This was around 8:15-8:45PM EST tonight (Saturday). I'm glad it wasn't just me.
I'll try again on Monday.
Same here - back in business .
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
When doing WMBP with a non-Vanilla GC, what's the sequence? The old one where the cashier enters the amount, and I swipe afterwards? Or the new one, obviously without the "change payment", where I swipe and then they hit the blue debit button? (
I have no idea. I can't see what they are doing and they can't get their heads around the idea of "partial payments."
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
I have no idea. I can't see what they are doing and they can't get their heads around the idea of "partial payments."
Try saying "split tender". Or use the time honored, "my debit card only allows $500 per swipe".
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by ceverett
Try saying "split tender". Or use the time honored, "my debit card only allows $500 per swipe".
Yep. Did that. They still didn't get it.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Ask them if they know how to do a payment that's part cash and part debit. That's how 1 CSM explained it to a cashier I was having issues with.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Ask them if they know how to do a payment that's part cash and part debit. That's how 1 CSM explained it to a cashier I was having issues with.
GREAT idea. Thanks for that.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Though certain cards no longer work at all, the bill pay system has not changed for over a month.
OV cards no longer working for WMBP is a change, and having to find out what cards do still work, and where I can buy them with a CC, is a pain.

And since the only two cards I've ever done WMBP split payments with are VR and OV, the fact that nothing in the bill pay system has changed in the last month doesn't tell me anything at all.

I asked a very reasonable question: we had to change our bill pay sequence to get OV cards to work. Now that they don't work anymore, when using non-OV cards for split payments, do we use the "new" sequence developed for OV, or the previous sequence? I'm guessing the answer is the "new" sequence, but was just looking for someone with experience to take 30 seconds to confirm that's correct.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
OV cards no longer working for WMBP is a change, and having to find out what cards do still work, and where I can buy them with a CC, is a pain.

And since the only two cards I've ever done WMBP split payments with are VR and OV, the fact that nothing in the bill pay system has changed in the last month doesn't tell me anything at all.

I asked a very reasonable question: we had to change our bill pay sequence to get OV cards to work. Now that they don't work anymore, when using non-OV cards for split payments, do we use the "new" sequence developed for OV, or the previous sequence used for non-OV cards? I'm guessing the answer is the "new" sequence, but was just looking for someone to take 30 seconds to confirm that's correct.
There was two new changes to the system. The first came a couple of weeks before the OV workaround. Go back to that change, i.e. no need to hit the cancel/change payment button unless using a MasterCard.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
There was two new changes to the system. The first came a couple of weeks before the OV workaround. Go back to that change, i.e. no need to hit the cancel/change payment button unless using a MasterCard.
Excellent, thank you so much. ^
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:24 am

I asked a very reasonable question: we had to change our bill pay sequence to get OV cards to work. Now that they don't work anymore, when using non-OV cards for split payments, do we use the "new" sequence developed for OV, or the previous sequence? I'm guessing the answer is the "new" sequence, but was just looking for someone with experience to take 30 seconds to confirm that's correct.
I have used BP but not MCs. With VGC there is no workaround needed with CheckFreePay. It's swipe, PIN, done. But if I could get them to split tender, that would be jolly.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:43 am

She called over a manager, who told me in no uncertain terms "you can't do that here". I thought she meant a new store policy, but no she said "WM doesn't allow it".
He didn't know the new policy, but he was willing to follow my (printed out} instructions, as I read them to him, step by step, and was clearly pleased when it worked
Excellent, thank you so much.
But now it will be a pain for you to have to carry around 2 different printouts for the manager
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
But now it will be a pain for you to have to carry around 2 different printouts for the manager
There is nothing that says that you can't just always do the "newest" method. It theoretically should still work even if not required.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:45 pm

There is nothing that says that you can't just always do the "newest" method. It theoretically should still work even if not required.
Thanks. I know some people have had problems with that, but it was probably operator error by a clueless cashier. I'll give that a try.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:30 am

Are Simon VGC still working for WM BP?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by RyanOH81
Are Simon VGC still working for WM BP?
I believe so yes. Can anyone else confirm?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.