Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Switching from Serve to BlueBird - 31 day wait???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switching from Serve to BlueBird - 31 day wait???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by silver6054
Yes, I closed them because I "knew" you cannot have more than one.

However, when I applied for the serve there is this note:

"Have a Bluebird or Prepaid REDcard Account? Users with more than one Account are unable to send and request money from other users and deposit money by check through our app while we make improvements to our site."

So, maybe there is a bug which allows you multiple and the "improvements" will fix, or maybe the rules were relaxed.
That's exactly what I was getting at. I saw that same thing figured I'd try for a new Bluebird while still having a Serve (a crippled Serve). It seems to have worked.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
since the application asks for SS#, not surprised that didn't get approve if the same shut-down SS# were used
I used the same shutdown SSN and it worked, so that is not the only factor
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
And you are trying for a different version of Serve? I didn't try for a new OneVIP

If so, apart from "what factors get you shutdown" we can have a whole new speculation on "what allows you to get another card"
Have been trying all 3 versions of Serve, blue, green, and VIP. Nothing seems to work for me.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:07 am

I've had BB for the past couple years. No MS on it; barely used it at all. Wasn't shutdown with the sweep last month.

Wanted to get in on the MS game to help hit minimum spend on Amex via online CC load (i'm frequently out of the country where Amex is seldom accepted)...so I applied online for OneVIP. Was rejected with the following message:

"Unfortunately we cannot approve you for an American Express Serve® Account right now. Thank you for your interest in American Express Serve."

Spent a couple hours on the phone with Amex. Multiple CS reps insist you can have both Serve and BB at the same time as a result of an "update" made last month. They suggested I try different email and phone number from what I have registered with my BB. Rejected 4 times for 4 different email/phone number combinations. Amex technical team got involved and they still don't have any idea what is wrong.

At this point I am considering shutting down my BB and applying for serve then (contrary to what Amex suggests but in line with everything I've read on FT). But I'm worried it still won't work and I'll be left with nothing...

Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:23 am

Is BB worthless for MS purposes?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Is BB worthless for MS purposes?
Why do you say it's worthless? I used it for 2 months for 5K / month.. Hit my CSP min spend. Hoping to get my Ink+ soon to get min spend too.

My own question to others.. Has anybody successfully switched back and forth every 2-3 months between BB and Serve?

I am hoping to do this, but I'm afraid they might not approve a future card if I keep cancelling and switching.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mamibear
No

but if you are switching from a card that received the termination of account email, don't be surprise if you get the message that your application cannot be approved for now. IF, by chance you get approved, congrats!

I was one of the BBs that got shut down. Waited over a month. Tried to open a One VIP. Got the dreaded message. IS THERE NO SALVATION? This is odd, because AMEX approved me for a credit card recently. So the shutdowns don't seem to have an effect on CC. Just prepaid.

Is there an alternative (Non-Amex) that I should be considering?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by WickedGringo
That's exactly what I was getting at. I saw that same thing figured I'd try for a new Bluebird while still having a Serve (a crippled Serve). It seems to have worked.
I have a loading-crippled Soft Serve with 0 balance, and I just was denied BB online application (same SSN, different email). I'm closing the Serve account and will try BB app again after a wait.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:58 pm

Using shut down SS#

I used the same shutdown SSN and it worked, so that is not the only factor
Which card did you have shut down, which new one did you sign up for, how long ago did you get approved for the new one, and is it still open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.