Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Wallet Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Beagle, was the 3K in one transaction? If not, what were the amounts, in how many transactions and over how many days? We're all trying to figure out the safe limits.
Two separate transactions, roughly $2k and $1k on the same day. One to spouse, one back to me from said spouse. Different cards. Both have cleared GW. I have not withdrawn the funds.

Prudence suggests to send the funds to a different GW account, and then withdraw, have not tested this theory yet.

As of yet, still no letter from GW.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gammachu

I doubt there's any valid reasons for anyone to even pull the money out that quickly after sending the money so just keep it sitting there for a while before pulling it out.
Umm - because you owe someone money and they want it?
Old May 22, 2013, 11:12 am

First post, but would like to add a data point:

Sent 2,500 so far in two separate transactions, and no email from Google...yet. These went in one direction, with no money being sent back to the original account. It is my feeling this might be the simple algorithm being used to detect "abuse".
Old May 22, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by mittenfingerz

Sent 2,500 so far in two separate transactions, and no email from Google...yet. These went in one direction, with no money being sent back to the original account. It is my feeling this might be the simple algorithm being used to detect "abuse".
I would guess Google doesn't use "simple" algorithm's to detect abuse.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:32 am

There really is no reason to pull money out for a while if you can swing it. For those who got the Barclays Arrival, it's 0% interest for 12 months. Put $5k in GW and sit on it for a bit, just pay the minimums out of saivngs and then pull the money out of GW slowly but surely.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:33 am

Cardinal Fang, Cardinal Biggles, what are all these cardinal terms? Someone PM explain please, I am so confused when super posters here start talking in code.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz

If you are comfortable keeping money in the wallet for some time. It might be worth it. If someone transfers and withdraws they might get flagged as I did
Old May 22, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Cardinal Fang, Cardinal Biggles, what are all these cardinal terms? Someone PM explain please, I am so confused when super posters here start talking in code.
See the link, very funny. Until it happens to you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spanish_Inquisition_(Monty_Python)
Old May 22, 2013, 11:38 am

Unhappy

I got 'the letter'. I had my own account and am handling one for my mom (who has a different last name and address). I sent money ($100) to my mom so she could have the option to send money. I then added my CC to her account and attempted to send money. The transaction wasn't allowed and later on 'the letter' was received. So it wasn't the amount or number of transactions - it had to do with the credit card being used didn't match the sender. And the letter was addressed to my mom.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by jmccon2
I got 'the letter'. I had my own account and am handling one for my mom (who has a different last name and address). I sent money ($100) to my mom so she could have the option to send money. I then added my CC to her account and attempted to send money. The transaction wasn't allowed and later on 'the letter' was received. So it wasn't the amount or number of transactions - it had to do with the credit card being used didn't match the sender. And the letter was addressed to my mom.
I think here is a datapoint. Keep it clean use your own CC on your own accounts. Dont mix it up
Old May 22, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Sent 1xxx from my wife's account to mine, still showing pending after 24 hours. Crossing fingers for the email
Old May 22, 2013, 12:49 pm

This morning:

"Thank you for using Google Wallet. We have noticed some activity on your account: [email protected] that has prompted us to temporarily suspend use of this account for your security. For information on how to resolve this issue, please sign in to Google Wallet at https://wallet.google.com/manage/. If you are unable to access your Google Account, you should visit https://www.google.com/support/accou...xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to initiate the process of restoring your Google Account. Rest assured that Google is committed to preserving the security of your information. Your payment and other information will remain on file in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To review the entire Privacy Policy, please visit https://checkout.google.com/files/privacy.html We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your cooperation during this process."

Followed up by the cancelling of my transfer of money from Google Wallet to my bank account:

"Hello xxx, Your request to transfer $xxxx.xx to your bank account CHECKING x- xxxx was declined because of unusual account activity. For more information, please visit Google Wallet help center. Sincerely, The Google Wallet Team"

I had to send in a scan of my passport and a scan of a recent bill to my address on file. Google then sent me this:

"Hello Google Wallet Customer, Thank you for submitting verification documents for your account. Your request is currently under review. It should take 3-5 business days to process your request, but please note that it may take longer in some cases. We will notify you directly by email once we have verified your information. We appreciate your taking the time to verify your Google Wallet account. Thanks, The Google Wallet Support Team"

I have only sent $500 twice (A to B), and received $500 twice (C to A). Anyone else have this occur???
Old May 22, 2013, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Gammachu
so just keep it sitting there for a while before pulling it out.
heh heh heh, that's what she, oh, never mind...

Mike
Old May 22, 2013, 1:49 pm

As mentioned earlier, the secret is *when* you withdraw the money or how many times you sent it. Seems like 4 players and then withdrawal might be the way to go....or simply sit on it.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by vtqanh
Sent 1xxx from my wife's account to mine, still showing pending after 24 hours. Crossing fingers for the email
Don't go over 1000. I did all my transactions 9XX transferred in minutes. took 1 day to withraw..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.