Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Green Dot MoneyPak

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by msp3
No CVS, Walgreens, or Safeway anywhere nearby would sell these with any card credit or debit, all cash only. Other choices are Wal-mart. Any suggestions?
Originally Posted by Turist_nax
So now that RA don't sell MoneyPaks any more - what are the options?
if you find Freds in some states, most, if not all PPGCs are not hardcoded although cashier asks for manager's override and most will accept CCs. NOT all managers will allow it, though, YMMV as always.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:45 pm

With the final days of these coming up, I am trying to buy as many as I can from my local source. I have mostly loaded to Greendot visa and Univision. My univision got locked because of loading/unloading too fast. I got that fixed but drained and sock drawered the card. My question is what other cards would be useful to try to load with a couple of MP's each before they stop selling on the first? I am looking at the walmart money card, but it is also a GD product, the 123 rewards card says it accepts MP's on the MP site. I was looking at Mango, but haven't found much about it.

Any replies would be appreciated.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry
With the final days of these coming up, I am trying to buy as many as I can from my local source. I have mostly loaded to Greendot visa and Univision. My univision got locked because of loading/unloading too fast. I got that fixed but drained and sock drawered the card. My question is what other cards would be useful to try to load with a couple of MP's each before they stop selling on the first? I am looking at the walmart money card, but it is also a GD product, the 123 rewards card says it accepts MP's on the MP site. I was looking at Mango, but haven't found much about it.

Any replies would be appreciated.
Throw some at paypal if your not in purgatory w them
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by bar19900
Throw some at paypal if your not in purgatory w them
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of that. I usually run 1500 to 2000 through PP using MC cards.

I got a kroger 123 card today and will load 2 or 3 cards before the end of the month. I have 2 paypal accounts to put a couple on and ordered a rushcard.

My local gas station has about 14 MP cards left and I am trying to help them get rid of them. Hopefully they will get the new system or some VR's in for a couple more months of use.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:35 am

the end is here

for me at least anyways ... went to my fav gas station yesterday and they had plenty of MP in stock, as always, tried to load 3 and the manger stopped me and showed me a memo they got saying that no more loading as of Jan 31st and for them to destroy all remaining cards

no news on whether they'll be doing the direct swipe either, so i think MP are done. have 1 more gas station to try today but i doubt it'll be any different.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
If Safeway or Rite aid allow you to buy Visa /MC variable giftcards with a credit card, does this mean that you can use the credit card for Green dot money Pak?

Anyone have any experience with this?
Green dat visa/ master card is the worst experience I have ever dealt with. They want everything automated and will not answer questions or help. The very few times I did get someone they were either trying to get rid of you or the lady in India was hard to understand and she could not help you in that she did not grasp how to solve the problem.
I would steer clear of them and will not buy them again
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:44 pm

Is green dot dead for ms?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
How does one liquidate MoneyPaks these days? It has been a couple years since I did so, and I bought one today at Vons with a cc, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with Amex prepaid products anymore. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Iridium7777
for me at least anyways ... went to my fav gas station yesterday and they had plenty of MP in stock, as always, tried to load 3 and the manger stopped me and showed me a memo they got saying that no more loading as of Jan 31st and for them to destroy all remaining cards

no news on whether they'll be doing the direct swipe either, so i think MP are done. have 1 more gas station to try today but i doubt it'll be any different.
What gas station is that?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: Various
Is anyone still using MP? I have cards that show as eligible to receive MP when I enter the first 6 digits, but the loads fail.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Purchased one of these without doing my research (Shame, shame, shame) and didn't realize they could no longer be added to Paypal. But I was shocked at how easy the refund process was. Fill in an online form, get a check. I was literally astonished.

Andyandy
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:43 pm

All the Walmarts in my area have stopped allowing VGC for MO, so I am exploring new options. I found a store that will let me buy MoneyPaks with a credit card, bought one for $500. I also have a bunch of extra checking accounts I used for MO deposits that are now useless. I gathered up the debit cards for these accounts and used the page on the MoneyPak website to check if the MoneyPak could be loaded directly to the debit cards I have, so the money would be put right in the checking account. All the debit cards I have seem to be compatible.

I haven't used the MoneyPak I bought yet because I'm still trying to determine the best strategy for loading given all the horror stories earlier in this thread.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:33 pm

Trouble loading

Anyone else having trouble loading the last couple of days? I keep getting the "deposit failed" message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.