Search

Green Dot MoneyPak

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:10 am

deleted

Last edited by MNHunter; Mar 3, 2014 at 10:44 am
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by mnhunter
speedway franchise no longer allows purchase with cc. Also, even though sa is separate now some of their stores wont take cc anymore either. 2 in edina i used to hit for 2k almost daily instituted a new policy last month. I still have 2 where i live that will allow it but my buddy was told thats going to end soon too. Good luck in your quest.
i have been asked to remove this post due to abuse. Sorry.

Last edited by Fico2Go; Mar 2, 2014 at 8:19 pm Reason: request to remove this post
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:21 am

delete

Last edited by Fico2Go; Mar 3, 2014 at 11:26 am
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:53 pm

editted

Last edited by MNHunter; Mar 3, 2014 at 10:43 am
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:24 pm

MNHUNTER, I have been asked and begged to remove my post and specific reference. After some long hard thought on it I have decided to do just that to avoid abuse in the local area.

I would kindly ask you to edit your post and recent quote of my posts and remove any reference to the specific gas station or place.

After you do that PM me and I will explain why the discrepency.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:29 pm

Just to clarify for everyone. FT did not ask me to remove any post. But some members on FT have asked me for fear of abuse.

Personally I've benefited greatly from free gas and I don't want this benefit to end. However I will continue to share data points with those members whom I feel are actively contributing on the FT forums.

A few months ago I was spending upward of $500 in gas a month. My household monthly gas expenses average $1000. AS you can imagine I don't want to risk the possibility of losing this benefit.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by BigDawgFT
I got the same message Sunday trying to load an AN card. I made the mistake of loading "too much" in one week, that is, $3,000, and the load at issue would have brought the weekly load up to $3,500. I don't know what I was thinking, but I relied on MP's limit of $3,500 per week. So, as we all learn over time, often the "real" limit is less than the published limit.
Thanks for sharing. I just started to get into MP game with rush card now and was about to load maximum. I guess I do have to ease into it

Also something that I don't get: green dot MP is available at CVS for CC, why the need to go to RA? Based on the threads in this forum, it sounds like people equate CVS with VR and RA with MP, where for CVS near my place they sell VR and MP both for CC.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by nyold
Thanks for sharing. I just started to get into MP game with rush card now and was about to load maximum. I guess I do have to ease into it

Also something that I don't get: green dot MP is available at CVS for CC, why the need to go to RA? Based on the threads in this forum, it sounds like people equate CVS with VR and RA with MP, where for CVS near my place they sell VR and MP both for CC.
Reports are that CVS is cash only for MP, whereas RA will accept CC for MP. That's true of the 3 CVSs I've tried (in CA)
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:17 pm

Have you bought MP with a CC at CVS?? I have not tried it in a while, but the 4-5 CVS stores i tried a few months ago insisted they only accept cash (system limitations) for those. Has that changed?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by hobo916
Have you bought MP with a CC at CVS?? I have not tried it in a while, but the 4-5 CVS stores i tried a few months ago insisted they only accept cash (system limitations) for those. Has that changed?
Ah ok, it's one of those "not confirmed until you tried it."

The employees at that CVS told me that you can buy MP with CC, but judging from the responses above me, I think he's just talking out of his butt (or misunderstood my question or something else).

So to clarify, no I haven't actually purchased MP with CC, I just got a verbal assurance from the employee lol.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:37 pm

Ah ok, it's one of those "not confirmed until you tried it."

The employees at that CVS told me that you can buy MP with CC, but judging from the responses above me, I think he's just talking out of his butt (or misunderstood my question or something else).

So to clarify, no I haven't actually purchased MP with CC, I just got a verbal assurance from the employee lol.
Again, things may have changed that given how many VRs they sell. I plan to try one next time I visit CVS to check again.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM; AS; GP D; HH D
There are no CVS in WA, so RA and MP is our best option.

Oddly, some of my local RAs, which stopped selling MP for CC on the grounds of CC fraud risk, have now started selling again. And today I was told that ID was no longer necessary!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
removed

Last edited by pier11; Mar 6, 2014 at 9:29 am
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:33 pm

An employee may tell you anything, but if they try to run it, the register simply won't allow to use CC.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hertz 5*
I tried MP in two CVS's a couple days ago and both failed. Manager happened to be standing there and mentioned to the employee that MP is the only card they have that is cash only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.