Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

money disappeared off GCs while trying to load bluebird- help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

money disappeared off GCs while trying to load bluebird- help!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 11:30 am

Angry

I am in the same boat...

I should've read this thread first

WMT CSR tried 4 cards + Bluebird. 2 cards were $200 Meta, 2 others cards were $200 Vanilla. Transaction got cancelled (Yes, I've just read about 4+1... Have not thought about +1 before).
Meta Cards already got funds back, but Vanillas are showing $0s.

I've got a copy of a void receipt from WMT.
The issue is clearly on Vanilla side.

Has anyone got money back from Vanilla on cancelled WMT transaction?
Old May 15, 2013, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by ramkashyap
The same thing happened to me yesterday at CVS. Used 5 200$ Visa GCs to load 2 VRs worth 500 each. At the end the CVS system froze and all my cards are showing $0.00 balance. I do not even have a void receipt or cancellation statement since CVS system froze. As others suggested, I am going to wait for 7 days and create a dispute with the Visa gift card company. Let us know how it is going with you on the dispute status, if you filed one
Why would you buy VR with VISAGC? Sounds like a waste of $7.90.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by kwabert
Personally, I'd be happy to pay extra $7.90 just to avoid dealing with WalMart CSRs.
I have had a "great experience" dealing with them today.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
I am in the same boat...

I should've read this thread first

WMT CSR tried 4 cards + Bluebird. 2 cards were $200 Meta, 2 others cards were $200 Vanilla. Transaction got cancelled (Yes, I've just read about 4+1... Have not thought about +1 before).
Meta Cards already got funds back, but Vanillas are showing $0s.

I've got a copy of a void receipt from WMT.
The issue is clearly on Vanilla side.

Has anyone got money back from Vanilla on cancelled WMT transaction?
Sounds like a number of people are having the same issue. :\ I'm on day 6 with no refund. I'll be calling the Walmart accounting dept tomorrow, we'll see what they say...
Old May 15, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Because the walmart nearest to me is 30 miles away
Old May 16, 2013, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I went to Walmart today to load $700 onto my GoBank card today. (500, 100, and 100) I told her the first card was $500 and she typed in the amount. After that swipe, she realized she only typed in $5 for the first swipe. She decided to abort the transaction which took a manager coming over with a key. When we started again I told her to only load $200. She assured me that the previous transaction was aborted and it was like it never happened. I decided to only load the $200 and then go to my truck and call. When I called, the $500 was still on the card.

The one difference I see between the op's situation and mine are that my cards were Visa's issued by Metabank. I wonder if it's the Vanilla cards and you will see the money back after 7 days? Time will tell.
So, you were unable to load the GoBank? That's what I was gonna experiment today with US Bank VISA @ WM.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by vagrants
So, you were unable to load the GoBank? That's what I was gonna experiment today with US Bank VISA @ WM.
I was able to load. I am going to go again in the next hour and try again.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Update: Credit for all $800 FINALLY appeared this evening. (I didn't end up having to do anything-- it just showed up.) The odd thing is, the credit is dated 5/10, 5:55 pm-- 2 minutes after the transaction errored out in the first place. It just took six freaking days to register.
Old May 16, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by elsewyse
Update: Credit for all $800 FINALLY appeared this evening. (I didn't end up having to do anything-- it just showed up.) The odd thing is, the credit is dated 5/10, 5:55 pm-- 2 minutes after the transaction errored out in the first place. It just took six freaking days to register.
Glad it's back.

Let's be careful out there.
Old May 16, 2013, 8:59 pm

The lesson here is that this is a Vanilla issue. I have had this happen on a few occasions with MetaBank Visa cards and the money goes back to the card immediately.

Note to self: Don't buy Vanilla cards unless you have no other options.

I am glad it worked out for you in the end. A lesson learned.

Last edited by Corridor!; May 17, 2013 at 6:45 pm Reason: I can't spell.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:50 pm

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
Old May 17, 2013, 6:46 am

I called WM about mine and got a ticket #. Money showed up on vanilla visa the next day.
Old May 17, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: AmEX Platinum, HYATT - Diamond, SPG - Gold, HILTON - Gold, IHG - Platinum,
Happened to me last night .. 4 cards as well, 1 chase, 2 metabank and 1 vanilla all funds were refunded immediately but vanilla wasn't .. just called Vanilla they said the transaction went thru.. I have the declined receipt, and void transaction receipt. So the general consensus is wait few days for the funds to be credited?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA DL UA SU
Happened to me 2 weeks ago at WM trying to load same BB with 3 Vanilla GC at a Kiosk. Did 3 GCs separately 3x and approved, then denied due to my BB already over day limit. Kept the denied receipt. Called CS @ both companies and they were helpless and pointed at each other.

I finally got my money redeposited automatically after 12 days. This what Vanilla trans log looks like.

- 05/28/2013 04:57 PM Incomm +$66.25
Transaction Type: CustServCredit
Reference: 900100

- 05/16/2013 04:02 PM WAL Wal-Mart Super 612575 -$66.25
Transaction Type: POSPurchase
Receipt Number:
Reference: 150100

Moral story. Dont use Kiosk but use at human POS because it can be reversed manually and their system is more robust in crediting/reversing of errors/denials.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:07 pm

This is because they basically place a 'hold' on a cancelled transaction for 7 days. If the merchant does not claim it, then (and only then) it gets credits back to the VR GC.

If it does not appear back on the VR GC after 7 days, if you call in the CSR can credit the card back while you are on the phone.

Key here: AVOID Cancelled transactions, if they cannot be done (due to errors) you may simply have to wait it out.

Originally Posted by jewsus
I called WM about mine and got a ticket #. Money showed up on vanilla visa the next day.
ahhh...this may be the work around to get a cancelled transaction refund quicker. However, if this is not available, after 7 days you can just call to get the card credited back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.