Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

No more Kroger Fuel Points for Visa, MC, AMEX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:22 am
Original Poster

I noticed today that when I bought $500 Visa and $500 MC, I did not get fuel points for either of the cards at Kroger.

I've tried at two different Kroger with same results?

I've been able to get fuel points before, even last Friday, with the purchases of Visa and MC.

Is deal dead?

-Pointsloop
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by Pointsloop
I noticed today that when I bought $500 Visa and $500 MC, I did not get fuel points for either of the cards at Kroger.

I've tried at two different Kroger with same results?

I've been able to get fuel points before, even last Friday, with the purchases of Visa and MC.

Is deal dead?

-Pointsloop
That was record time, after being posted.

Please anyone PM me if anyone knows if any of the other cards are still working.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: CO, AA, UA
I bought $1,000 of the US Bank Visa GC's on Saturday morning (4/28) and received 1,000 fuel points. At another Kroger I usually don't frequent, I saw a sign that said fuel points will not be rewarded on variable GC's (which these are) but I still received them. I will try again today or tomorrow to see if it still works. I hope this deal isn't dead already!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:40 pm

I saw the same sign at my Fry's (Kroger affiliate) and it worked with 1k worth of fuel points last week.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

In the Atlanta area, I've noticed that they started to run a 4x fuel points promotion for buying clothing store gift cards for mother's day. It started on 4-28. I wonder if some type of promotion rule messed up the usual 1x fuel points on the visas.

Cards $100 and below still get 2x fuel points.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:02 pm

In the Atlanta area, I've noticed that they started to run a 4x fuel points promotion for buying clothing store gift cards for mother's day. It started on 4-28. I wonder if some type of promotion rule messed up the usual 1x fuel points on the visas.

Cards $100 and below still get 2x fuel points.
Here in the Houston area, I have not noticed any 4x promotions yet. I hope this deal isn't dead as it made it worth it for the cost to load to BB since I easily make back the 5.95 fee when I fill up my truck and wife's SUV....
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I got 500 points on a $500 variable load Mastercard a couple weeks ago. There were signs saying you would not get them, but it still worked. About ready to try it again. I still make money on the 6% cash back from Amex Blue.

They did have a 4X promotion just before Easter. The fixed $100 Visa/MC used to get the 4X points - I did not try it this time around though.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I'm 90% sure that I've heard that the fuel points don't work when there is a 4x promo going on. Here, there is a promo for clothing store gift cards. I'm sure that's what is impacting this. We were never supposed to get the fuel points, but hopefully this will blow over when the promo is over.

I just ordered another Chase GC, so I will just roll with that.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I'm 90% sure that I've heard that the fuel points don't work when there is a 4x promo going on. Here, there is a promo for clothing store gift cards. I'm sure that's what is impacting this. We were never supposed to get the fuel points, but hopefully this will blow over when the promo is over.

I just ordered another Chase GC, so I will just roll with that.
I really hope you are right, but when they had the 4x promotion last month, I still got 1x on $500 Visa and MC.

However, the last 4x promo was good for all gift cards. This month's promo seems to be specific to clothing store gift cards. So maybe there's still hope.

Anyone else have any experience in this?

-Pointsloop
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:32 pm

Just bought $1000 Visa GC's and I did receive 1000 points, however, this Kroger did not have a 4x promo going so I guess YMMV....
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by houstonhusker
Just bought $1000 Visa GC's and I did receive 1000 points, however, this Kroger did not have a 4x promo going so I guess YMMV....
Thanks for the data point. I'm pretty sure that's the issue.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by houstonhusker
Thanks for the update!

I believe the 4x promo might roll out to you guys next week, so keep an eye out for that. Wouldn't want you to not get the valuable fuel points.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

-Pointsloop
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Atlanta area promo time lasts from 4-28 to 5-11.

Houston area 5-1 to 5-14.

Good luck!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:49 pm

Last Thursday I purchased 4-$500 gift cards on two separate trips and ended up with. 2,000 points. I'm north of Houston in East Texas. No signs for a 4x promo. Seems that came around over the weekend tho.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 7:34 am

Atlanta area promo time lasts from 4-28 to 5-11.

Houston area 5-1 to 5-14.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info...I will probably go today for another $1,000 before the 4x promo starts tomorrow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.