Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

No more Kroger Fuel Points for Visa, MC, AMEX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Kroger Fuel Points for Visa, MC, AMEX?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
4x points this weekend at Kroger. Load the coupon online or with the app. I'll be picking up some. I might not do the 100 dollar cards this time, but I'll get some other ones.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
Kroger only sells $100 vGC and variable loads, but yes your math is correct IF they sold those.
Sorry for my confusion, but do they sell the $20-500 variable load GCs (like Giant), or not?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by tuphat
Sorry for my confusion, but do they sell the $20-500 variable load GCs (like Giant), or not?
Yes, they do sell the $500 variable load cards, but they do not earn any fuel points at all. Maybe just on the activation fee.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
4x points on gift cards at Kroger this weekend in my area. You have to download the coupon.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Yes, they do sell the $500 variable load cards, but they do not earn any fuel points at all. Maybe just on the activation fee.
Not even on activation fess....
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Not even on activation fees....
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Abflying
Not even on activation fess....
no, but the points earned would be so miniscule that it is irrelevant anyway
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
4x points on gift cards at Kroger this weekend in my area. You have to download the coupon.
Saw it today, wish it was a first weekend of a month rather than the last - so I could use points over longer period of time. Would still get some cards for 3-4 fill ups.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:47 pm

There's kroger 4x from now til 9/2. Tried it, however $100 Visa not getting points anymore?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:51 pm

Is for me.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by peteypablo
Is for me.
Do you spin your points around your head like a helicopter?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:47 pm

K is getting worse, demanding to see CCs at a non-usual store for me yesterday. That particular store must have gotten scammed.

This stuff is going to be the downfall of it all: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...ard-thief.html

Sure do miss VRs...
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by canyoncar
K is getting worse, demanding to see CCs at a non-usual store for me yesterday. That particular store must have gotten scammed.

This stuff is going to be the downfall of it all: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...ard-thief.html

Sure do miss VRs...
Well, K always gets my Drivers License number and I always hand in my CC to cashiers, although sometimes they don t want it and just ask me for last digits. I think that in the Ohio Ks, they feel very confortable when they see I have nothing to hide and that my name in DL matches my CC (if ever asked to see the CC).
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Well, K always gets my Drivers License number and I always hand in my CC to cashiers, although sometimes they don t want it and just ask me for last digits. I think that in the Ohio Ks, they feel very confortable when they see I have nothing to hide and that my name in DL matches my CC (if ever asked to see the CC).
yeah they always need DL number in my experience, don't know who would be stupid enough to use a stolen CC when handing that over
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
You catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar.

Each time I have visited Kroger to buy the $500 Visa gift cards, I have handed them both my AMEX CC and my DL. No questions asked, and they have thanked me for making their job easier.

YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.