Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
Thanks...Got one $500 VGC w/ $10 off, and one $100 AGC w/ $10 off.

Unfortunately, the magstripe on the VGC didn't work when I tried it at the WM Money Center, at a WM self-checkout line, or at a soda vending machine, so I had to call to get a replacement. The package doesn't look tampered and the full load was still there, but who knows these days!
I have had this issue 3 times lately. One of which resulted in a scammer draining the card. Other two I got replacements for quickly. Maybe just a coincidence, but who knows.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:33 am

So can you only buy a $100 AMEX GC to get this offer? Does Safeway carry $500 GC and can we buy these for this J4U offer?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by gq533
So can you only buy a $100 AMEX GC to get this offer? Does Safeway carry $500 GC and can we buy these for this J4U offer?
Just got back from safeway, and mine had variable Amex prepaids that went up to $500.

But I am unsure on how to liquidate Amex cards. Can I purchase MO's with these anywhere in California?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by AJDem
Just got back from safeway, and mine had variable Amex prepaids that went up to $500.

But I am unsure on how to liquidate Amex cards. Can I purchase MO's with these anywhere in California?
Nope.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by gq533
No, Yes, Yes.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by slack455
No, Yes, Yes.
Does the fixed value $100 Amex GC give fuel points like the fixed value Visa and MC versions?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by svasandani
Does the fixed value $100 Amex GC give fuel points like the fixed value Visa and MC versions?
Hmm, a 1 word answer for that won't suffice ;( Any VGC/MCGC/AGC that give fuel points is just poor programming by Safeway, they aren't supposed to. Often times some will and some won't depending on the packaging/SKU. You would just have to try them all to see if you can find any that give fuel rewards.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:36 am

anyone happen to know which fixed amex gc pkg earns fuel pts? TIA
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:22 am

Hmm, a 1 word answer for that won't suffice ;( Any VGC/MCGC/AGC that give fuel points is just poor programming by Safeway, they aren't supposed to. Often times some will and some won't depending on the packaging/SKU. You would just have to try them all to see if you can find any that give fuel rewards.
Originally Posted by danhouston
anyone happen to know which fixed amex gc pkg earns fuel pts? TIA
As slack said, YMMV. $100 fixed did not give me gas rewards. Variable just did.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by esdot
As slack said, YMMV. $100 fixed did not give me gas rewards. Variable just did.
thx esdot, did the system give u $10 cr for variable AGC?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Indeed, it's the liquidation of these that's problematic, not easy IME. Visa GCs work with PINs so they can (in some places) be used to buy MOs if you find a cooperative vendor. But Amex GCs do not have PINs so won't work for that even if the stars align. How are folks liquidating these?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
thx esdot, did the system give u $10 cr for variable AGC?
Yes.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
NorCal Safeway today claimed that it is cash only for $100 Visa Gift Card? First time I heard this one.

The cashier scanned the card and as I ran my card the cashier said "wait I am going to see if we can take credit for that" and disappeared. She went behind the customer service and asked someone in an office back there about it. Meanwhile the system processed my payment card and the signature prompt came up so I signed and it printed out the receipt and activation slip. The cashier came back and said "they told me it is cash only." I said, "well I've never heard of that before here..." Then the cashier asked me why I was buying a Visa Gift Card. I pointed out to her the $10 discount and that it was $95.95 for a $100 gift card. She seemed to understand that and just said, "whatever, since your credit card went through at least you paid for it, lots of people come here and don't even pay for their things." I asked what that was all about and she pointed to the doors and said people walk out all the time with carts of stuff. Okay then.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:38 pm

Has anyone else had trouble using prepaidgiftbalance.com?
I need to register the cards I got from safeway, the $100 Mastercards from last week. But when I use the site, it says the following error:
"We are unable to process this request. Please call the phone number on the back of your card for additional assistance. "
Calling gives me the correct balance, so cards are fine, but it seems like the online site is messed up?
This is with the new ones, green card for $50 and red card for $100. The old ones register just fine online.
I started having that issue with some cards. It's possible that it was a site/cookie issue, try using an incognito window.
Originally Posted by mf99
Unfortunately i believe they block by IP after certain number of cards and do not unblock for some time. I ad to use different IP to register my cards after that.
I am having this problem with multiple cards. But I have other green $50 cards that are identical to the ones that don't work, and these ones DO work. So I don't think it's a site/cookie/IP problem. Has anyone been able to find a solution?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by slickness123
I am having this problem with multiple cards. But I have other green $50 cards that are identical to the ones that don't work, and these ones DO work. So I don't think it's a site/cookie/IP problem. Has anyone been able to find a solution?
Do you use the same computer for all cards? I could register a few with one computer, but none with another computer and some other cards. I really don't understand how it works and they have not fixed it till today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.