Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
So I'm not a Safeway guy, but this is worse than the Serve shutdowns, right? It was pretty much THE source for GC on the west coast if I'm not mistaken. I think the middle of the country is somewhat spared because of Kroger. I feel for you guys, terrible blow.

Jewel going down has significantly impacted hitting grocery category bonuses here in Chicago. If anyone has a grocery store source for variable load gift cards please PM me. I can trade some drug store sources in exchange.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL
Yes, worse than serve by far for volume buyers. Serve hurt the little guy more..
Yea, that's what I figured. Hoping its temporary!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
So I'm not a Safeway guy, but this is worse than the Serve shutdowns, right?
This is worse than everything.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:32 am

Why is it bad for SoCal? I thought you couldn't buy VGC from Vons with a CC for awhile now?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:01 pm
Suspended

This is actually really bad news. My SW (which was bought out by Albertons) yanked all the $500 VGC as well. Mountain Time zone...looks like it has gone viral.

I still have one source that will sell $500 OVs but I heard they are now hard to liquidate. If anyone knows any remaining method on how to liquidate OVs please pm me.

Thx.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
Why is it bad for SoCal? I thought you couldn't buy VGC from Vons with a CC for awhile now?
Are you serious? You must have been living under a rock.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CWAL
Salt Lake.

I had good luck doing volume at the North Shore a month or so ago. Hawaii is pretty much dead now, as for some strange reason, the fake CVS' (Long's Drugs) and Target don't carry anything higher than $50. I haven't bothered checking out WM, it wouldn't surprise me if $500 GCs simply don't exist on the islands anymore..

I was really banking on Safeway to keep my MS pace going out here.. :/ I lost out on roughly $1200 of profit ( which would be fine if being out here this week was by choice, and not work requirements. )
I was at salt lake today and found 2 leftover $500s. Problem is they won't scan and have been taken out of the system altogether, according to customer service
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:26 am

I don't remember if it has been mentioned earlier in the thread but according to a source of mine the decision was blackhawk's not corporate. It may explain why any remaining stragglers are unscanable (is that a word)
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:22 am

Inventory at Kroger is disappearing fast. Stopped by one this morning and they were completely OOS for $500 visa's (they had a nice supply two days ago). Had some $500 MC's but those are too much of a pain to deal with so left empty handed.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Joshy119
I don't remember if it has been mentioned earlier in the thread but according to a source of mine the decision was blackhawk's not corporate. It may explain why any remaining stragglers are unscanable (is that a word)
If it was blackhawk's decision, I wonder why only Safeway-owned stores? Other grocers are still stocking the variable 500s as far as I can tell.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by digitalpop
If it was blackhawk's decision, I wonder why only Safeway-owned stores? Other grocers are still stocking the variable 500s as far as I can tell.
It's not just Safeway, I've found two other chains that have pulled theirs as well in the past week. Both carried the MetaBank cards.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:16 am

Don't other grocery stores and gas stations carry US Bank 500's?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:45 pm

This is getting very painful
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:05 pm

Not just Safeway, true. My local Food Lion stores pulled them in the past couple weeks. I'm out of MSing for CC point in general but I was wanting to use VGCs to pay for my kid's braces.

There is only one chain within 100 miles of me that even sells 500s now.

Last edited by bigugly; Jan 29, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by compddd
Don't other grocery stores and gas stations carry US Bank 500's?
^ and some of them will accept credit cards...it's become a treasure hunt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.