Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I'm not being negative. Live and learn

And you're lucky on the gas rewards. I got a rock (meaning I got nothing on any of my accounts)
It seems cards bought on Monday or later got the fuel points. My colleague who also partook, but only bought 1 card, ended up with 20 fuel points.

...and in case it's asked yeah, he also got hit with the monthly fee.

At any rate, now that the promotion is over, I'm staying away from these. Obviously the fuel rewards seems to be a glitch that you can't count on.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Gosh, I am sorry that I wasn't more helpful in saving you from yourself.

Instead of just warning you that there was a $4.95 monthly fee, I should have actually purchased one of these cards, let them charge me the $4.95 fee, and then reported back to you about how foolish it was to buy one of these cards.

I sincerely apologize for my lack of diligence on this matter. I will try to do better in the future. I obviously need to take more personal responsibility for your conduct.

Thanks. And, even though a 5 year old could understand that I wasn't criticizing you, next time I will try to do a better job explaining why I believe that posts based on actual experience are more useful than those that are not.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by thehawk75

I'm going to be saving $1/gallon for the next 8 fill ups (well, until end of July when whatever is left expires).
Where/how do I figure out the expiration date[s]? Nothing is shown on my Safeway receipt...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Bender464
Where/how do I figure out the expiration date[s]? Nothing is shown on my Safeway receipt...
Fuel rewards expire at the end of the 2nd month to which they were earned. So, you earn the fuel point June 1st or June 30th, both will expire on July 31st. You earn that point July 1st, then you have till end of August.

You can also log in to your just4u account and they'll tell you how many fuel points expire at the end of the month.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Fuel rewards expire at the end of the 2nd month to which they were earned. So, you earn the fuel point June 1st or June 30th, both will expire on July 31st. You earn that point July 1st, then you have till end of August.

You can also log in to your just4u account and they'll tell you how many fuel points expire at the end of the month.
Thanks! ^
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Visa Ultimate Summer

After my purchase today, I received a store-printed coupon with the heading "Visa Ultimate Summer", and the detail is:

Buy $100 in Visa gift cards and get $10 off your next shopping order.

In small print:

The Visa gift card is issued by MetaBank.

My question:

Is this a good deal and worth getting?

Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:53 pm

Glad to hear it's back.

Been looking at the website for any indication of the deal, including online flyers, but, I guess one has to visit the store at times to spot this.

Did it say when the deal begins and expires?

And, yes, I think it's worth getting.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles

Is this a good deal and worth getting?
Absolutely! Moneymaking manufactured spend. When is this valid?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 'Visa Ultimate Summer' deal is valid 06/19-07/16.

I'm assuming I can only get one $100 GC or several lower denominations to make up $100.

I'm also assuming there is a processing fee associated with the card.

Does anyone know anything about this Visa GC from MetaBank?

I have no idea what triggered this coupon to print. I bought simple food items like fruits and pizza.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

I'm assuming I can only get one $100 GC or several lower denominations to make up $100.

I have no idea what triggered this coupon to print. I bought simple food items like fruits and pizza.
Visa from MB = Muy bueno! 5.95 fee for activation, available up to $500 denomination. PIN easily set via phone and works flawlessly at WM for BB

Edit:
BTW, the "Visa Ultimate Summer" deal seems to be a reoccurring thing. Googling that term comes up with several hits including an FT thread.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:16 pm

What can I do with all the Vons $10 coupon if I don't shop grocery there? They definitely won't let me purchase amazon/gas gcs with those coupons.

Would this work if I purchased $500 metabank visa gift cards or do I have to purchase $100 gcs only?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:25 am

Wish you had put those dates in your original post...in anticipation I went and bought a card to test it out (granted it was a $500 card and I earn 5% anyway, and was on my way to WM...)

Obviously I got no coupon.

Your assumption would be wrong. It's always been that if you buy $100 or more you get the coupon. I can not comment about whether you would get the coupon if you bought lower denomination GC's because I have never done so.

What do you want to know? It's an 'easy to use' card.

Originally Posted by aegt123
What can I do with all the Vons $10 coupon if I don't shop grocery there? They definitely won't let me purchase amazon/gas gcs with those coupons.

Would this work if I purchased $500 metabank visa gift cards or do I have to purchase $100 gcs only?
If it is anything similar to the promotions they've ran for the last 2 years, it will work with $500 GC's (technically it will work with anything over $100).

I don't know what to tell you about what to do with the $10 coupon that was not already covered in the original thread that I started on this topic (that has since been closed for some undisclosed reason...) Consider it as $10. If the cashier balks, or the register doesn't take it, be firm and polite and it will be cashed (since the coupon nor the promotion discloses terms).
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by aegt123
What can I do with all the Vons $10 coupon if I don't shop grocery there?
Ummm...shop there? Last time this ran, I would buy the gc, get the coupon, then immediately go back in and get $10 worth of groceries (usually soda on sale), using the coupon. Sure, I ended up with a stockpile of soda, but my family drank it all through normal use in less than a month. I'm sure there is something you could find that you would normally use, which doesn't expire, that you can use the coupon on...toilet paper, for example.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by groobie
Ummm...shop there? Last time this ran, I would buy the gc, get the coupon, then immediately go back in and get $10 worth of groceries (usually soda on sale), using the coupon. Sure, I ended up with a stockpile of soda, but my family drank it all through normal use in less than a month. I'm sure there is something you could find that you would normally use, which doesn't expire, that you can use the coupon on...toilet paper, for example.
I have found that Vons is almost always more expensive than other stores in my area. So the $10 really buys me only $6 to $8 worth of items, which is not bad but I feel like I am not optimizing the $10 coupon.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:44 pm
jmw

Getting $9+ worth of groceries is easy. Just use the mobile app to find the few reasonably priced items you need and put them in a list. This should take no more than 3 minutes. Several cleaning products are in my J4U list this time at Walmart prices that I would not want to buy at Amazon in bulk. Walk back in after getting the coupon and collect the items in the list. I would find it impossible to go to Safeway as my main grocery store without overpaying, but it's easy to avoid overpaying with just $10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.