Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by groobie
There are big signs re: this promo at every register at my local Vons, but oddly enough no signs next to the GCs themselves. I go in, do the GC transaction, get my coupon, then go back and buy $10 worth of groceries. Why make two trips? Plus a stop at Wally World on the way home.

Has anyone had success buying MOs at WM with the $500 MCs from Safeway? I tried this afternoon, after calling the number on the back of the card to get PIN numbers assigned, but they didn't work when I swiped them at the register. The cards are issued by US Bank. How about loading to BB?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by hawkandhoo
Has anyone had success buying MOs at WM with the $500 MCs from Safeway? I tried this afternoon, after calling the number on the back of the card to get PIN numbers assigned, but they didn't work when I swiped them at the register. The cards are issued by US Bank. How about loading to BB?
Have not tried WM but it failed at the Post Office. Did you register it online to you name and address as well as assign the pin by phone?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:33 pm

I tried the MC cards from Vons at Walmart and could not get money order or load onto BB at Moneycenter. Oddly enough, U.S. Bank Visa cards can be loaded and can get money orders but they don't qualify for the $10 coupon
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hawkandhoo
Loaded one to BB today. Got the card and PIN yesterday. Initially the card was refused at WM and the clerk said "no credit". When I told her it was debit, she had me hit cancel and the option for ATM/Debit came up. Entered PIN and it worked fine.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by groobie
I have bought 6 x $500 in separate purchases over the past week and the coupon has printed every time (Vons, SoCal). Tonight I bought 1 plus $11 worth of soda and used the $10 coupon, which came up on the screen as "Catalina - MC promo" and it still generated another $10 coupon. The cashier smiled and stifled a little laugh when the coupon printed - she's not bothering to check my id anymore. That's a sign that she's seen me a few times this week!
Did you use your same Vons member number for all 6 purchases. Here in Chicago, the safeway stores are branded as dominicks and the sign stated only one coupon per household. Which is very ambiguous. Rather than hoping for the $10 to print, I just made a new rewards account. Worked.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by fetchercity
I have been getting the $10 off coupons with purchases of $500 gift cards as well.
Bought one $500 MC card in one store in nor-cal and $10 printed while yesterday, went to a different store and it was not printed. I know that the coupon machine is working though.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by jackiesyu
Bought one $500 MC card in one store in nor-cal and $10 printed while yesterday, went to a different store and it was not printed. I know that the coupon machine is working though.
The last day for the promo was 04/20.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Did you use your same Vons member number for all 6 purchases. Here in Chicago, the safeway stores are branded as dominicks and the sign stated only one coupon per household. Which is very ambiguous. Rather than hoping for the $10 to print, I just made a new rewards account. Worked.
For future reference, I went 4 days in a row and it printed everytime. I even used the coupon from the day before to buy my fresh produce everyday. I wish I had figured it out earlier because I would have gone everyday. I work across the street from a Dominicks.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Yes, same club card worked every time.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:51 am

Just appeared today on my Safeway JustForU webpage, an e-coupon for $15 discount if you purchase $100 or more in MasterCard gift cards.

The coupon expires May 21.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Just appeared today on my Safeway JustForU webpage, an e-coupon for $15 discount if you purchase $100 or more in MasterCard gift cards.

I got the same offer. Thanks for the head's up!
Old May 9, 2013, 2:42 pm

I keep getting an error when I try to add the coupon, it says "We apologize our system is not available at this time. We hope to be back online soon."

Went to Safeway store, and the coupon did not ring up at all!
Old May 9, 2013, 2:43 pm

How to get this one to work? Or is coupon printed afterward?
Old May 9, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia

Just left Von's. Thanks for the heads up. Easy money. Too bad there is no way to easily scale this one.
Old May 9, 2013, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
How to get this one to work? Or is coupon printed afterward?
You need to have a JustForU account (in addition to the usual Club Card). Then, you click on the coupon to electronically add it to your Club Card. (There is no physical coupon.)

Sometimes, the discount doesn't show up at the checkout register. Just walk over to the Customer Service counter and show them your receipt, and they will either give you the cash or a Safeway cash card for the value of the discount.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.