Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Just got back from Safeway after buying my usual 5k in GC's and with receipt popped out a new Coupon. Not the usual $10 off $200 in mc/vgc. This one is $10 off with the purchase of $50 in select giftcards 6/4 to 6/17, with one offer per transaction. The picture on receipt shows Basspro, Buffalo Wild wings, fandango, jcpenny, lowes, sephora, sears, and a few others. Remember you also get gas rewards for these as well.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
Just got back from Safeway after buying my usual 5k in GC's and with receipt popped out a new Coupon. Not the usual $10 off $200 in mc/vgc. This one is $10 off with the purchase of $50 in select giftcards 6/4 to 6/17, with one offer per transaction. The picture on receipt shows Basspro, Buffalo Wild wings, fandango, jcpenny, lowes, sephora, sears, and a few others. Remember you also get gas rewards for these as well.
Which safeway lets you roll out with that many? SF ones are stingy. Alameda seems to let me do 1k per trip.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exmike
Which safeway lets you roll out with that many? SF ones are stingy. Alameda seems to let me do 1k per trip.
There are several that I go to one is in Castro valley and the other is San ramon.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
Yes, I did get the $10 off. But only really worth $4 since you need to pay $6 in fees to generate the coupon and then unload the AMEX.
Also remember that AGCs (don't require activation STEPS but) are NOT ACTIVE UNTIL an hour has passed after purchase.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by HikerT
Yep, did not earn fuel points here either with $500 Variable AMEX purchase today.
Same. Easy transaction. Wish the grocery store / Shell Fuel Rewards Network promo was still active, but its still a good deal without it.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
There are several that I go to one is in Castro valley and the other is San ramon.
That is why I see an empty rack at San Ramon safeway nowadays...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:40 pm

Its Baaaacccckkkk! Wednesday you get 10 dollars back after buying a VGC
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by raccah
Its Baaaacccckkkk! Wednesday you get 10 dollars back after buying a VGC
Wednesday only?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
Wednesday only?
Sorry this wednesday till next tuesday, like any normal week. I cannot find the safeway flyer for this wednesday - but it shows a 100 Visa GC and ten dollars back is the reward. It states clearly no variable cards will work.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:17 pm

This is the image for the ad for this week's Safeway ad:

No variable load is the biggest issue, and get back 10 dollars. So, get a 200 dollar fixed card - makes the most sense.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Will it earn gas points? Only way I can see this being worth it at all, even if it was $10 CB at point of purchase, let alone just $10 off next purchase. I'd much rather devote my $200 VGC purchases to Staples where I get 5x UR points and 1% CB.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:54 pm

Will it earn gas points? Only way I can see this being worth it at all, even if it was $10 CB at point of purchase, let alone just $10 off next purchase. I'd much rather devote my $200 VGC purchases to Staples where I get 5x UR points and 1% CB.
That is a pointless argument, which u have the right to believe, IE what point has the most value. To me CASH baby! So, Amex 5x and 10 bux back - take to a store and get an MO, rinse again and again. Sometimes, they let the coupon work - sometimes not. Yes, we have discussed here the cost of Safeway items, and the fact that this is really just 4 bux, but that is OK to me.

No idea about gas points - someone will post on Wednesday, IMS
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Would be nice to know if Variable works. We all know it says excluded. But...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:07 pm

super strategy: zero diversification. and make sure the ONLY thing you buy with your chase card is VGC's from staples. they love nothing more than 100% of spend from 5% category.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by vtqanh
Would be nice to know if Variable works. We all know it says excluded. But...
thankfully, come wednesday, there is a way to find out. and since you were the first to bring it up, according to offcial MS rules, you must take one for the team and buy a variable on wednesday and report back to the thread. thanks in advance.

the last time i think the variables didn't work. but you never know...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.