Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old May 22, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Zgirl
You'll be also stuck with MCs that are hard to liquidate.
One must evolve their spending techniques in order to liquidate MCs easily...
Old May 22, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
subtle
Old May 23, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
In Washington State, the offer excludes variable cards. Here is the offer:

Your next shopping visit
get $15 off Club Price
When You Buy $200 in MasterCard® Gift Cards * Offer valid 5/21-6/3/14. Limit 1 offer per household. Excludes variable gift card. Must be purchased with Safeway Club Card. Subject to availability. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product may not be available in all states. The MasterCard® Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard® International Incorporated. MasterCard® and the MasterCard® Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard® International Incorporated. Internet, mail and phone order purchases may require you to register your card with U.S. Bank via www.mygiftcardsite.com.
2*$100 MCGC did not produce Catalina at Vons in So Cal this morning.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
I'm confused about your statement with tmobile. Your saying it's easy to get shut down when tmobile is a debit card? People get shut down using bill pay so if you liquidate using other methods, you will be okay. Tmobile wants you to use the debit card as spending and there are easy ways to do this without online bill pay
+1

Exactly. You'll get shut down if you use T-M BP but not if you use T-M for debit transactions.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:51 pm

I'll buy 2 $500 MC in So Cal once the MO machines are working again at my WM. Hopefully by Tuesday as I am out over the weekend.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
thats what the little birdie told me
Old May 23, 2014, 1:53 pm

Question

Originally Posted by Zgirl
+1

Exactly. You'll get shut down if you use T-M BP but not if you use T-M for debit transactions.

it all depends on how much one MS's. you're arguing against my points without really understanding. unless you're a trucker or have the spare time to sell fuel points on ebay, univision's not scaleable. agreed?

TMO: very few have access to an endless supply of reloadit cards any more. further, unless your situation is very unique and you've got a store full of managers who cannot read (the memo), you're keeping transactions under $500- further limiting. further, the more you ARE able to buy of reloadit's, the more attention you draw. if you believe you can buy them with impunity and your store will never go black... well, you'll see. further, run $30-40,000+ per month thru walmart BP with your TM and see how long it lasts. my point, again, was simply that there are limits to its scaleability. i think i have proven the accuracy of my statement. i just didn't think i'd have to elaborate; as everything i just said is pretty obvious to anyone who plays this game with any size, and who is not a newb.

again, i talked about scaleability. when you're doing small #'s (you, apparently), you can 'pass' on a cash positive opportunity. i do 6 figures/month WITHOUT amex gc's. i've been doing MS for several years. every time i've 'passed' on $ neutral or better, i've regretted it. because EVERYTHING good eventually gets shut down.

all that said, seems only people in CO can utilize this. too bad. instant cash off is sooo much better than the $10 grocery coupons. AND this is a product on the approved list in the memo- so no wasted trips. i'd be cleaning out a lot of stores if it were in my area...
Old May 23, 2014, 2:03 pm

useful as an arrow in the quiver for some, but very limited as a liquidation vehicle unless you're a real estate investor with a bunch of mortgages. but for most doing big #'s, it's only good for a very small % of $ that needs to be liquidated. me, with my house paid off, no car payment, and too local utilities on the list, it does me no good.

what i need, is for it evolve into a checkfreepay competitor to pay credit card bills! but with only $ launderers and MSer's as a potential market, that's unlikely!
Old May 23, 2014, 2:09 pm

2 x $200 variable MCGC also failed to produce catalina at another Vons in SoCal. I'm done with my experiment on this one for the time being.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry1921
2 x $200 variable MCGC also failed to produce catalina at another Vons in SoCal. I'm done with my experiment on this one for the time being.
Someone still needs to try 2 x $500 variables in SoCal
Old May 23, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
it all depends on how much one MS's. you're arguing against my points without really understanding. unless you're a trucker or have the spare time to sell fuel points on ebay, univision's not scaleable. agreed?

TMO: very few have access to an endless supply of reloadit cards any more. further, unless your situation is very unique and you've got a store full of managers who cannot read (the memo), you're keeping transactions under $500- further limiting. further, the more you ARE able to buy of reloadit's, the more attention you draw. if you believe you can buy them with impunity and your store will never go black... well, you'll see. further, run $30-40,000+ per month thru walmart BP with your TM and see how long it lasts. my point, again, was simply that there are limits to its scaleability. i think i have proven the accuracy of my statement. i just didn't think i'd have to elaborate; as everything i just said is pretty obvious to anyone who plays this game with any size, and who is not a newb.
Sorry maybe I am missing your argument about Tmob. You note that TMob is not scaleable because people are getting blacklisted. But over the pages I have read, I did not see anybody get shut down for spending too much at Walmart. I would think Tmob would care less if you spend 40k or 80k at Walmart since you are using the card for its intended purpose, which is spending money and not using billpay.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by jerry1921
This is the link to the ad FM posted (navigate to page 7). You will need to change the zip to see what it shows for your area.

http://weeklyspecials.safeway.com/cu...?drpStoreID=27

The ad for WA says buy $200 of MC, get $15 off next purchase.

http://weeklyspecials.safeway.com/Sa...1041503_27.jpg

I pulled up the SoCal ad and it shows nothing (just a fuel point filler):

http://weeklyspecials.vons.com/Safew...1041637_12.jpg
Old May 23, 2014, 4:33 pm

Albertsons Buy $100 save $10, Visa/MC

is this a deal?

http://albertsons.mywebgrocer.com/Ci...765/Weekly/2/8
Old May 23, 2014, 4:44 pm

No, Albertsons Buy $100 save $10 is limited to 2 x $50 or 4 x $25.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Someone still needs to try 2 x $500 variables in SoCal
Let us know how it goes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.