Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
you made no such distinction in your initial post. you simply said it wasn't a worthwhile deal then talked OT about staples.

with or without gas points it's a good deal and very worthwhile if you know how to augment it. it's been around periodically for a long time.

and now i will be thankful again for the ignore function.
Again, are discussions and opinions no longer welcome here? Ignored or not, but if not read my post again. It's pretty clear saying only way it would be worth while (for me) is if it earns gas points. That's literally what the first two sentences say. Sorry I didn't break down my entire MS strategy in one post for you though. Next time I'll be more considerate of your limited comprehension ability.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by vtqanh
You're right about the FM link, but the last comment on that link was what was worth paying attention to (for me anyway). And I think the person was commenting on the Variable Mastercard

"I got shot down really hard in Bellevue, WA. "Cash only!" All of the Seattle area stores have gotten the memo."
yeah, i noticed that but now Hiker posted the same and is also in SEA. i wonder if the regional in the SEA area put out a regional memo banning everything? the memo i first saw 2 months ago, and sadly saw again a few days ago (my last reloadit store to die) actually has the credit card eligible cards listed first. it's very detailed.

for your guys' sake i hope they're mistaken. but if not, i hope it's regional to SEA only! frankly, when the hammer did come down here, i was surprised that the non-reloadables were spared. the criminals are always stepping on our game. chip and pin needs to get here now to cut down on cc fraud. THEN, homeland security should target the drug dealers, money launderers and terrorists who buy these products with cash and make these products credit card only!!!

dare to dream...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:00 am

No problem buying fixed Visa/MC at most Safeway here in the Seattle area (variables are still problematic). It was just one store that went cash only for everything after they got "the memo". Before they got the memo you could buy anything with CC (including reloadits, paypower, univision). I was pretty sure they misinterpreted the memo, but now you've piqued my interest to see the actual memo if it clarifies variable Visa/MC can be bought with CC. I haven't been back to that store.

Last edited by HikerT; Jun 17, 2014 at 1:05 am
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HikerT
No problem buying fixed Visa/MC here at most Safeway here in the Seattle area (variables are still problematic). It was just one store that went cash only for everything after they got "the memo". Before they got the memo you could buy anything with CC (including reloadits, paypower, univision). I was pretty sure they misinterpreted the memo, but now you've piqued my interest to see the actual memo. I haven't been back to that store.
I'm pretty sure the memo is not from corporate because variables are allowed in my area. It could be just your region too so not entirely sure.

The cashiers who reject my Univision purchases say reloadables are cash only.
However, giftcards (variable or not) are still all good say my cashiers.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
I'm pretty sure the memo is not from corporate because variables are allowed in my area. It could be just your region too so not entirely sure.

The cashiers who reject my Univision purchases say reloadables are cash only.
However, giftcards (variable or not) are still all good say my cashiers.
yep. if you've seen the memo, it actually lists them. ie: univision and paypower are both in the cash/debit only category with reload cards and reloadable cards.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
if you've seen the memo, it actually lists them. ie: univision and paypower are both in the cash/debit only category with reload cards and reloadable cards.
I haven't seen this memo. Could someone succinctly tell us what it says?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:21 pm

It would be VERY useful if someone could post an image of the memo! All my local Safeway stores are cash only for all Visa variable load cards and have been so for years. Any evidence that the national policy is different would really help me convince a manager to let me buy with a CC.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sechs
I haven't seen this memo. Could someone succinctly tell us what it says?
I have never seen it in person, but my cashiers say it is by the chrono machine.
From what they say, it basically says what cards are cash only and Univision is one of them.

Also, sechs, where are the Vons/Safeway gas stations in LA? Was in the area a few months ago and only saw 1 in Long Beach?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Also, sechs, where are the Vons/Safeway gas stations in LA? Was in the area a few months ago and only saw 1 in Long Beach?
Go to the store locator on the Vons website and select "gas stations."

The red pins on the map should be Vons Gas locations.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:58 pm

Someone posted a thread on the other forum stating that the deal is back: "Buy $100 Visa GC, get catalina coupon for $10 off next grocery purchase". Valid 6/18/14-7/15/14
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by msnut1
Someone posted a thread on the other forum stating that the deal is back: "Buy $100 Visa GC, get catalina coupon for $10 off next grocery purchase". Valid 6/18/14-7/15/14
I think someone posted it a couple pages back...I can confirm that it works in VA (at least for the $100 Visa GC).
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rookie3
I think someone posted it a couple pages back...I can confirm that it works in VA (at least for the $100 Visa GC).
The real kicker is if it is still unlimited.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:05 pm

The real kicker is if it is still unlimited.
it appears in my weekly ad, and doesn't appear to indicate a J4U or card requirement.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by azcoyote
it appears in my weekly ad, and doesn't appear to indicate a J4U or card requirement.
I can't even find it in their app to add to my Vons card.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:21 pm

@kxc262 : I was able to do it multiple times. Looks like it is unlimited. I did not use my Safeway card.

@tmiw : You don't have to add anything to your Vons card. Just make sure that Catalina machine has a green light and it should print out the coupon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.