Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 20, 16, 11:00 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Safeway/Vons master thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Wiki Link
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus



=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 20, 13, 2:28 pm   #61
  
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkandhoo View Post
Has anyone had success buying MOs at WM with the $500 MCs from Safeway? I tried this afternoon, after calling the number on the back of the card to get PIN numbers assigned, but they didn't work when I swiped them at the register. The cards are issued by US Bank. How about loading to BB?
Have not tried WM but it failed at the Post Office. Did you register it online to you name and address as well as assign the pin by phone?
SGJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 13, 3:33 pm   #62
  
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,145
I tried the MC cards from Vons at Walmart and could not get money order or load onto BB at Moneycenter. Oddly enough, U.S. Bank Visa cards can be loaded and can get money orders but they don't qualify for the $10 coupon
DaveInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 13, 8:33 pm   #63
  
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: So Cal
Programs: UA 0P bump/0.688MM, WN A-List/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR/SPG Gold,Hertz PC, National EE, Carlson Silver
Posts: 4,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkandhoo View Post
Has anyone had success buying MOs at WM with the $500 MCs from Safeway? I tried this afternoon, after calling the number on the back of the card to get PIN numbers assigned, but they didn't work when I swiped them at the register. The cards are issued by US Bank. How about loading to BB?
Loaded one to BB today. Got the card and PIN yesterday. Initially the card was refused at WM and the clerk said "no credit". When I told her it was debit, she had me hit cancel and the option for ATM/Debit came up. Entered PIN and it worked fine.
jasonvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 13, 4:29 pm   #64
  
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA-PLAT (Lifetime); UA Silver; SPG PLAT; Marriott PLAT; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; CLUB CARL CONCIERGE
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by groobie View Post
I have bought 6 x $500 in separate purchases over the past week and the coupon has printed every time (Vons, SoCal). Tonight I bought 1 plus $11 worth of soda and used the $10 coupon, which came up on the screen as "Catalina - MC promo" and it still generated another $10 coupon. The cashier smiled and stifled a little laugh when the coupon printed - she's not bothering to check my id anymore. That's a sign that she's seen me a few times this week!
Did you use your same Vons member number for all 6 purchases. Here in Chicago, the safeway stores are branded as dominicks and the sign stated only one coupon per household. Which is very ambiguous. Rather than hoping for the $10 to print, I just made a new rewards account. Worked.
ORD-TGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 13, 12:32 pm   #65
  
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchercity View Post
I have been getting the $10 off coupons with purchases of $500 gift cards as well.
Bought one $500 MC card in one store in nor-cal and $10 printed while yesterday, went to a different store and it was not printed. I know that the coupon machine is working though.
jackiesyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 13, 12:36 pm   #66
  
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle
Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiesyu View Post
Bought one $500 MC card in one store in nor-cal and $10 printed while yesterday, went to a different store and it was not printed. I know that the coupon machine is working though.
The last day for the promo was 04/20.
vtqanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 13, 5:43 pm   #67
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ORD
Programs: AA-EXP, Alaska MVP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
Did you use your same Vons member number for all 6 purchases. Here in Chicago, the safeway stores are branded as dominicks and the sign stated only one coupon per household. Which is very ambiguous. Rather than hoping for the $10 to print, I just made a new rewards account. Worked.
For future reference, I went 4 days in a row and it printed everytime. I even used the coupon from the day before to buy my fresh produce everyday. I wish I had figured it out earlier because I would have gone everyday. I work across the street from a Dominicks.
smitty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 13, 5:49 pm   #68
  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Southern California
Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
Did you use your same Vons member number for all 6 purchases. Here in Chicago, the safeway stores are branded as dominicks and the sign stated only one coupon per household. Which is very ambiguous. Rather than hoping for the $10 to print, I just made a new rewards account. Worked.
Yes, same club card worked every time.
groobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 11:51 am   #69
  
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,510
Just appeared today on my Safeway JustForU webpage, an e-coupon for $15 discount if you purchase $100 or more in MasterCard gift cards.

The coupon expires May 21.
Steve in Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 12:04 pm   #70
  
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
Just appeared today on my Safeway JustForU webpage, an e-coupon for $15 discount if you purchase $100 or more in MasterCard gift cards.

The coupon expires May 21.
I got the same offer. Thanks for the head's up!
fetchercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 2:42 pm   #71
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SFO
Posts: 303
I keep getting an error when I try to add the coupon, it says "We apologize our system is not available at this time. We hope to be back online soon."

Went to Safeway store, and the coupon did not ring up at all!
beagleflyer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 2:43 pm   #72
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SFO
Posts: 303
How to get this one to work? Or is coupon printed afterward?
beagleflyer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 2:48 pm   #73
  
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
Just appeared today on my Safeway JustForU webpage, an e-coupon for $15 discount if you purchase $100 or more in MasterCard gift cards.

The coupon expires May 21.
Just left Von's. Thanks for the heads up. Easy money. Too bad there is no way to easily scale this one.
SGJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 3:05 pm   #74
  
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977 View Post
How to get this one to work? Or is coupon printed afterward?
You need to have a JustForU account (in addition to the usual Club Card). Then, you click on the coupon to electronically add it to your Club Card. (There is no physical coupon.)

Sometimes, the discount doesn't show up at the checkout register. Just walk over to the Customer Service counter and show them your receipt, and they will either give you the cash or a Safeway cash card for the value of the discount.
Steve in Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 3:29 pm   #75
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SFO
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
You need to have a JustForU account (in addition to the usual Club Card). Then, you click on the coupon to electronically add it to your Club Card. (There is no physical coupon.)

Sometimes, the discount doesn't show up at the checkout register. Just walk over to the Customer Service counter and show them your receipt, and they will either give you the cash or a Safeway cash card for the value of the discount.
Where do I get the JustForU account? Is that why I'm getting the error?
beagleflyer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top