Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:48 pm

The register did not allow the coupon to be applied toward the GC for me. Moreover, the cashier told me that I could buy a maximum of 2 GCs per day.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:20 pm

Lost $12 in fees for one $500 visa &.one $100 visa done separately with club card used. No $10=printed. Says the deal.expired and writes note on back of receipt for $10 gift card promise to show at customer service agent tomorrow. This .was at a dominicks in chicago
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Lost $12 in fees for one $500 visa &.one $100 visa done separately with club card used. No $10=printed. Says the deal.expired and writes note on back of receipt for $10 gift card promise to show at customer service agent tomorrow. This .was at a dominicks in chicago
The current deal is good through October 8 so definitely not expired. Yesterday, I saw a sign in the Dominicks. I had not seen the sign previously so I was just hoping that the coupon printed. The sign definitely says one per household so until you are sure that the coupons are printing at your Dominicks, I would not try 2 transactions.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:52 am

I just realized that the coupon doens't say gift cards are excluded. Will try purchasing a $10 Vons card using this coupon.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:58 am

Coupon cannot be used to buy another GC. Although the manager at the first store just did an override and typed it in as general merchandise discount but the second store I went to they wouldnt do it. I can also confirm I have bought 3 $500 visa GC so far and the first 2 both printed $10 coupon but the last one either didn't print or the customer service rep didn't give it to me and I forgot to ask for it.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
On the front of the coupon, yes it is in smaller print but not 'fine print' so it's fairly legible, it does say: 'Minimum $10 purchase'.

This might be a clue.
I'd hone up on your 5th grade reading comprehension before breaking out the snark, especially when my post explicitly says it's "marked as such" and refers to a known issue with a similar deal and identical coupon only a few months ago.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 4:38 pm

When they ran this promo previously (ending Aug 13) it was Mastercard I think so that's what I got. Loaded BB @ kiosk no problem at all over and over.

I'ma switch to the Visas based on just returning from kioskville. The MCGC would get all the way to the PIN screen and loop the prompt each time I entered PIN. I tried several other MCGCs. Same result also with a Visa GC I got from Sears. Next I tried one MCGC at MoneyCenter teller, similar problem.

I did luck out with a regular store checkout lane (no line woohoo). BB successfully loaded with the Cancel (button in my case) trick. I just did one cuz I gotta get back to the game, but I think I'm gonna be relying on Visa GCs in the future to hopefully avoid needing to be quick on the keypad.

Also thinking about variable Visa GCs, larger to minimize swipes. We have one failure report re the Catalina printer, any others?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:57 am

Bought 8, $500 Variable Visa's last night (8 separate transactions over 3 cards). I got 7 coupons...one didn't print and didn't realize it until I got home. I'll just get the coupon directly from Catalina. Save your receipt and if the coupon doesn't print, they will mail it out to you. It takes a few weeks but you're not really out money if the coupon doesn't print. Catalina's sent me about 8 or 9 of these $10 coupons this summer with these Visa/Master promotions (because the coupon didn't print).

If your coupons don't print and SW doesn't give you some sort of $10 credit, here's the link to request one.
http://support.catalinamarketing.com...pected-coupon/
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:18 am

Just filled out the request. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by frogdog51
Bought 8, $500 Variable Visa's last night (8 separate transactions over 3 cards). I got 7 coupons...one didn't print and didn't realize it until I got home. I'll just get the coupon directly from Catalina. Save your receipt and if the coupon doesn't print, they will mail it out to you. It takes a few weeks but you're not really out money if the coupon doesn't print. Catalina's sent me about 8 or 9 of these $10 coupons this summer with these Visa/Master promotions (because the coupon didn't print).

If your coupons don't print and SW doesn't give you some sort of $10 credit, here's the link to request one.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Good info. Quite worthy of it being wikified
Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:24 pm

^ Exactly what I was looking for. I need to grab 16.

I also happened to buy 16 the day the promo started but I usually go to CS so as not not slow people down at the registers, and didn't know I was missing out. For some silly reason, they don't have Catalina machines at CS, so I didn't get my coupons. But now I can go back and request them.

When you request missing coupons, how do they handle the 2 week expiration issue? I'm going out of town in a few weeks and if they send them to me with a 2 week expiry, I won't be around to redeem them.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101

I also happened to buy 16 the day the promo started but I usually go to CS so as not not slow people down at the registers, and didn't know I was missing out. For some silly reason, they don't have Catalina machines at CS, so I didn't get my coupons. But now I can go back and request them.

When you request missing coupons, how do they handle the 2 week expiration issue? I'm going out of town in a few weeks and if they send them to me with a 2 week expiry, I won't be around to redeem them.
I got a coupon at CS. I also noticed that the site to request the coupon requires you to acknowledge that the checkout lane you bought the GC at has a catalina machine. If it doesn't have one technically they might be able to turn down the coupon request.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Did my first one today. Bought a variable load Visa just before starting our actual grocery shopping - coupon popped out automatically. Did our grocery shopping, started out at $53. After card saving, J4U and the coupon it went down to $27. Coupon went thru without a hitch. No manual intervention required.

I also noticed that the terms on the coupon just say it can't be used on things prohibited by law. Who has actually tried using it on another GC?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Did my first one today. Bought a variable load Visa just before starting our actual grocery shopping - coupon popped out automatically. Did our grocery shopping, started out at $53. After card saving, J4U and the coupon it went down to $27. Coupon went thru without a hitch. No manual intervention required.

I also noticed that the terms on the coupon just say it can't be used on things prohibited by law. Who has actually tried using it on another GC?
You can't use it on a GC without a manager override. One manager did it and one didn't but I know the coupon defintely doesn't work when scanned.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101

That happened once to me (I didn't get the coupon until AFTER the expiration date). I called them up and let them know, they shipped a new one out that was delivered in a couple days which had about 10 days left before it expired. The coupons are exactly the same as the ones that are supposed to spit out of the machine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.