Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
Yes, it is still alive, I got 2 GC's yesterday. I think it expires on 8/13 (not 100% sure though).

Originally Posted by scocjo
Is this promo still alive? Did a few a couple weeks ago but wondering if anyone can confirm it's still going on? Need to buy groceries tomorrow and want to know if I should go to Kroger or Safeway.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by rambo
Yes, it is still alive, I got 2 GC's yesterday. I think it expires on 8/13 (not 100% sure though).
Yep...good through Tuesday. The last 3 I bought didn't spit out the Catalina coupon so I had to go through Catalina to get it.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by frogdog51
Yep...good through Tuesday. The last 3 I bought didn't spit out the Catalina coupon so I had to go through Catalina to get it.
did three $.5k today, three coupons, BB at one WM (kiosk,CS) never works, another location fine and dandy for some reason, can't complain,
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:18 am

The only MC's that I can get to work from SW are the ones with the ones with the wraped presents (boxes). Those load BB and work for MO's...I can't get the other version(s) to do either.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:10 pm

Bump for four more daze counting today.

Good: BB wuz easy.
Bad: doesn't look like I got fuel points, Bueller?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by DeepSky
or you can just scan it at self-checkout where it will call for an attendant who will have no other option but to accept CC as it is already scanned
Just because it is scanned doesn't mean the attendant is obligated to allow you to purchase it with a CC. Attendant intervention is always required before you can get to "finish and pay". If they don't want to let you, they can shut you down.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by TravelsLite
Just because it is scanned doesn't mean the attendant is obligated to allow you to purchase it with a CC. Attendant intervention is always required before you can get to "finish and pay". If they don't want to let you, they can shut you down.
Since there is a tab that needs to be pulled off to scan once removed it needs to be sold as packaging warns against buying ones without tab. I have had no problem buying them off self-checkout or with regular cashier.

For disclosure I do it more for convenience than anything else but it could be a strategy for needy ones. But I wouldn't do it if/when they object to it - there are always greener pastures in this game!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Since there is a tab that needs to be pulled off to scan once removed it needs to be sold as packaging warns against buying ones without tab.
I've only had trouble once purchasing them at SCO. The attendant told me he was helping out at this particular store today and that at his location sales with a CC were not allowed so he didn't fell comfortable completing the transaction. I was polite and told him I understood his concern and let it go. I had already scanned the card but he was able to void it no problem. As I was walking away, I noticed he pulled a pair of scissors from the attendant station and destroyed the card I was attempting to purchase. Again, this was the only time I've had trouble and I'm not complaining. No one should think they have a 'gotcha' and that the attendant is required to complete the sale. That sort of attitude would surely lead to uneasiness about the sale and additional scrutiny. Just my .02.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:29 am

The SW's around me have signs posted at SCO stating that GC's can only be purchased at the register...no sco. I've found SW "CC to by GC" policy to vary from store to store and time of the day. I prefer to get these about 2-3 hours before closing since the cashier always seems to have the override card with him...rarely questions it.

During the day, they always have to call a manager over who usually says, "Oh, you can't but those with a CC."
Old Aug 12, 2013, 4:14 pm

Sure hope there's a new offer this Wednesday. This has been a great summer.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
Sure hope there's a new offer this Wednesday. This has been a great summer.
Not for those of us in HI unfortunately. Visa GC's have earned no fuel points and they don't even bother carrying MC GC's (though they advertise the $10 off for MC deal )
Old Aug 12, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
I do not think any of us earned fuel points for these Visa/MC GC purchases.

This helped me get closer to my Amex PRG 15K bonus.

Waiting for Wed to see what new offer comes up.

Originally Posted by saacman5033
Not for those of us in HI unfortunately. Visa GC's have earned no fuel points and they don't even bother carrying MC GC's (though they advertise the $10 off for MC deal )
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:52 pm

For those who bought the variable MGC and had issues turning them into paper. They do not work at all at Lucky or Safeway. WM works, but as stated here a few times, either hit cancel and then choose debit (on monochrome POS) or hit other options and then choose debit (on color POS). The blue robot works just fine
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:43 pm

Who wants to give it a shot today? Go to Safeway/VONS, buy a $100 Mastercard Gift Card, please report back if the Catalina machine prints a $10 off coupon.

Bueller?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Who wants to give it a shot today? Go to Safeway/VONS, buy a $100 Mastercard Gift Card, please report back if the Catalina machine prints a $10 off coupon.

Bueller?
You don't have any card that earns a bonus at grocery stores to make this worthwhile without the coupon?

But, if you want the answer quickly, how about you give it a try and let us know how it goes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.