Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by savingwizard
bought one yesterday but the small activation slip says "already been activated" and receipt says " not approved". Cashier has to do a turn and buy another gift card. She didn't notice the 15 off coupon and only loaded with $485 instead of $500.
Anyone has ever bought a gift card that has already been activated?
No, has never happened to me. That sounds really crazy. You actually got charged for it? That's scary.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by savingwizard
Anyone has ever bought a gift card that has already been activated ?
Yeah. Basically, it was/is compromised, is frozen, and cannot accept the electronic Load.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:13 am

Last edited by Chelski; Jan 9, 2016 at 6:55 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Chelski
Wait time for new account: I created and used coupon within 15 hours.

Accts with website coupon availability all worked at the register. The discount doesn't occur until cashier hits a Total/Sum button.

No gas rewards on canoes, cupcakes, tools, flowers or balloons (as of yesterday evening). And none on any MC ones either.
What I would like to try to find out is if any of the new packing VGCs that were giving gas points for a while were coded as grocery that don't give gas points. A while back I purchased a VGC and I got the J4U 30 Cent gas reward bonus for $XX spending, which makes me hypothesize that while they don't get gas points they may still code as grocery and count toward the Spend $XX get $XX back J4Us. Unfortunately I did not note which packaging this occured with....I also could be totally wrong.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:09 am

Anyone willing to comment on the time it takes Safeway charges to post on their CC? I have experienced that they are showing as posted early AM on the 3rd business day (not including day of purchase). Does this hold true of all Safeway? I'd really appreciate another data point or two about this...
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:42 pm

My Safeway charges show up very quickly. The problem must lie with your bank.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL
Anyone willing to comment on the time it takes Safeway charges to post on their CC? I have experienced that they are showing as posted early AM on the 3rd business day (not including day of purchase). Does this hold true of all Safeway? I'd really appreciate another data point or two about this...
Similar here although that's what happens to citi cards I had, across multiple stores. For some other cards, it is about a day less to post...
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by CWAL
I purchased on a Sunday and it posted on Tuesday.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:36 am

Thanks everyone, so it seems Safeway does take an extra day on some cards, it's not just my imagination
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver
Can I no longer add to my Safeway account? The one account where I added a week ago still shows the mastercard offer. Don't see it on my other accounts.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:19 pm

YMMV.

Last edited by Chelski; Jan 30, 2016 at 9:05 pm
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Chelski
Read back a few pages to see if anyone has posted about ability to add the promo... Or at least go one page back--> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...hread-110.html
Posts were talking new accounts. Club Cards / phone numbers I was going to use have been active for years.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:57 am

YMMV.

Last edited by Chelski; Jan 30, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:28 am

No more variables?

Didn't find a single variable GC (neither Visa nor MC) on the rack this morning in TX. I only checked one store though, where I had purchased variables before. I hope this is the new corporate policy.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets
Didn't find a single variable GC (neither Visa nor MC) on the rack this morning in TX. I only checked one store though, where I had purchased variables before. I hope this is the new corporate policy.
You hope it is the new policy? Is that a typo? Anyway, there are still plenty of variables stocked up in Collin County (north of Dallas).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.