Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by @ORD
Good information.

Is the cost difference to CVS substantial? cash/debit vs credit card
I would think so. Fixed (or zero) vs. Percentage.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:08 am

What to use these gift cards for

You buy these gift card pay 3.95 get 5percent back for drugstore spending

But what do you use these gift cards for?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by runningbrave

Search for Blue bird. Lots of blogs discuss the process.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:33 am

Load on to Bluebird at Walmart then do Bill pay
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by prasha11
Once I was walking by the gift cards rack I saw a lady filling up the blank cards, I started a small talk and I remember saying she does not work for CVs but a outside vendor.
Same thing happened to me at the supermarket. I think that's the norm everywhere.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:45 am

What does Walmart have to do with cvs???
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
You can buy VR cards at CVS, and you can load BB using VR at Walmart. That is the link.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by tehzio
I went to my local CVS earlier today and they tried to ring up 2 VR in one transaction.
They wouldn't allow me to put the purchase on my CC and said the register was indicating that the transaction required cash.

I have purchased VRs from this CVS numerous times, but they typically were broken down into separate transactions.

Was this just because I was overshooting $1000 on a single transaction?
I'm going back later in the day to try a single VR and will report back.
Quick update on this:

I went back last night and tried to buy a single reload and pay with my Citi HHonors Hilton Visa. The register allowed the card to be swiped, but after the cashier entered the last 4 digits it asked for a different payment method. I was able to complete 2 seperate transactions with my Chase Ink and CSP. So for me, the issue seemed to be with the card being used, which makes sense since we've seen the Hilton cards alter the drugstore bonuses.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by tehzio
Quick update on this:

I went back last night and tried to buy a single reload and pay with my Citi HHonors Hilton Visa. The register allowed the card to be swiped, but after the cashier entered the last 4 digits it asked for a different payment method. I was able to complete 2 seperate transactions with my Chase Ink and CSP. So for me, the issue seemed to be with the card being used, which makes sense since we've seen the Hilton cards alter the drugstore bonuses.
It's probably a fraud block on Citi's end. Give them a call.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by lad2
It's probably a fraud block on Citi's end. Give them a call.
Good point.
I didn't even think about that.

Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:42 pm

Best trolloo ever.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
The ATM in my local Walmart Money Center has this audio feature. It announced step by step what you are doing - like loading $500 to BB

Does anybody know if you can turn it off?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold
The ATM in my local Walmart Money Center has this audio feature. It announced step by step what you are doing - like loading $500 to BB

Does anybody know if you can turn it off?
At my local WM I've noticed that the voice assist is on sometimes and off others, so obviously there is a way. I've never much worried about it. I know there is a headphone jack about halfway down from the screen with a volume knob, perhaps that is how you can turn it off.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
It seems like you may not be aware of the basics of this technique to increase manufactured spend. The best way to get up to speed quickly is to read the Frequent Miler blog on Boardingarea.com. Search on his blog for "bluebird". I want to warn you that there is a lot to read and there have been many changes to this technique, so read everything before attempting yourself. Good luck. PM me if you need help.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:30 pm

You can buy VR cards at CVS, and you can load BB using VR at Walmart. That is the link.
If you buy VR, then you load online. If you buy GC then you need to go to Walmart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.