Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:51 pm

I am trying to find Vanilla Reloads in Chicago NORTHWEST Suburbs and its very hard to find as Cvs stopped carrying them. Does anyone have any tip or ideas, please pm if you prefer.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by sanctified50
Same thing happened to me today. I was thinking it was because it was new person who just started working there. I will try again tomorrow when my weekday crew is there.
I'll be interested to see what happens with you.
This cashier is one that I have used before without an issue.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse
I am trying to find Vanilla Reloads in Chicago NORTHWEST Suburbs and its very hard to find as Cvs stopped carrying them. Does anyone have any tip or ideas, please pm if you prefer.
Ask the management to order more for you.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by sanctified50
Same thing happened to me today. I was thinking it was because it was new person who just started working there. I will try again tomorrow when my weekday crew is there.
Bought 2K worth of VRs in one transaction - Today.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 6:12 pm

I work at CVS in a chicagoland store and I have no problems purchasing vanilla reloads for myself or ringing them out for others when they request it. You do need the last 4 digits of the card being used (normal for any transaction over $200 I think) and there is NO need for a manager override of any sort. Any regular cashier can ring you out from start to finish.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:33 am

@Vety, PM sent.

Last edited by troyhouse; Jun 24, 2013 at 9:58 am
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:55 pm

Explain please

I have read this thread. Could someone explain in lay man's terms what you are doing with the vanilla gift cards?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Originally Posted by runningbrave
I have read this thread. Could someone explain in lay man's terms what you are doing with the vanilla gift cards?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Google broken?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
Went to CVS tonight a store I go to all the time regular worker who rings me up all the time told me Memo came down cash or debit only no more credit.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:18 pm

Everything you want to know is in these threads.
You must read if you want to comprehend.
You will not be spoonfed here.

We help those who help themselves (usually).
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by Vacation time
Went to CVS tonight a store I go to all the time regular worker who rings me up all the time told me Memo came down cash or debit only no more credit.
Where?

I purchased 1 card last night in suburban Chicago area, no problem with credit card payment.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:12 pm

I work at CVS and there is NO SUCH THING AS OF NOW of an internal memo or requirement on a corporate level. This means that there is NO HARDCODED requirement on the register (point-of-sale) that forces cash or debit only. However, district managers and store managers who have access to revenue sources and can see the associated cost of selling these beans do have the power to issue store-specific memos that will forbid cashiers from ringing out these purchases.

Again, it is NOT HARDCODED into the register. If you ask nicely most cashiers won't mind but it's not something they would risk if their manager is standing nearby.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by vety110
I work at CVS and there is NO SUCH THING AS OF NOW of an internal memo or requirement on a corporate level. This means that there is NO HARDCODED requirement on the register (point-of-sale) that forces cash or debit only. However, district managers and store managers who have access to revenue sources and can see the associated cost of selling these beans do have the power to issue store-specific memos that will forbid cashiers from ringing out these purchases.

Again, it is NOT HARDCODED into the register. If you ask nicely most cashiers won't mind but it's not something they would risk if their manager is standing nearby.
Good information.

Is the cost difference to CVS substantial? cash/debit vs credit card
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by @ORD
Good information.

Is the cost difference to CVS substantial? cash/debit vs credit card
Cost is usually at the corporate level, store managers would not know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.