Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Has anyone one split up their purchases to test the 5k limit?

If I bought $2k in the morning and $3k in the afternoon will I be limited to buying $3k the tomorrow morning? Or can I buy the full $5k in the morning?
I posted this a couple of days ago, I split up the purchases and was able to buy 7K in one day, it seemed that in phoenix, the mother load arrived as all of the CVS I went had them. I'm not too sure how CVS can monitor you when you buy only $500 at a time and nothing gets scanned into the system.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by balima
With all this VR love going around I stopped at two of my favorite stores. No love found. Chicago still seems to be dry.
Since the FT convention is happening in Chitown this weekend I'm not surpised.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:22 am

quick question....
any idea what it means if you get "we're sorry a system error occurred" on the vanilla reload site?
first time using a bean -> bb
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by aeneas3
quick question....
any idea what it means if you get "we're sorry a system error occurred" on the vanilla reload site?
first time using a bean -> bb
Could have something to do with the vanilla reload website update. It looks totally different now. Maybe try again later.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:45 am

Yes, I can't upload my card either, and VR's phone number is also busy. It must be technical issues with the new site.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:03 am

Getting same issue...

New website looks slick, though I hate captchas. At least these ones are readable as opposed to the grainy ones that make me try 15 times because I can't tell a O from an 0 or an 8 from an S.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:06 am

I hate the new website, I also cannot unload any cards.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:22 am

on the new vanilla reload site, if you click on the link to show which reload partners they us, BB is no longer listed
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by akabenjamin
on the new vanilla reload site, if you click on the link to show which reload partners they us, BB is no longer listed
I sure hope that is not the case as I am sitting on $5k that it will take me about 15 minutes to unload on the old site.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by keirnna
I sure hope that is not the case as I am sitting on $5k that it will take me about 15 minutes to unload on the old site.
I just ran into the same issue with the new website. One glitch was telling me that the captcha was incorrect every time. The other glitch appeared to be Bluebird cards resulting in an error when clicking the last button to apply funds.

Solution: call cust service number 1-877-429-8140, hit 1 for English, then 2 for apply a card. It asks for card number then pin number, and confirmation of funds to apply. Worked for me, so probably just a website glitch (either that, or they haven't deactivated phone loads yet...for those who fear the end of BB VRs)
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by ATL787
I just ran into the same issue with the new website. One glitch was telling me that the captcha was incorrect every time. The other glitch appeared to be Bluebird cards resulting in an error when clicking the last button to apply funds.

Solution: call cust service number 1-877-429-8140, hit 1 for English, then 2 for apply a card. It asks for card number then pin number, and confirmation of funds to apply. Worked for me, so probably just a website glitch (either that, or they haven't deactivated phone loads yet...for those who fear the end of BB VRs)
Thanks, but that is so inconvenient. I will return the cards before I punch in 52 buttons a load...

*Edit* - Nevermind I went ahead and unloaded them. I am too paranoid!

Last edited by The_Wrath_of_Khan; Oct 9, 2013 at 7:24 am
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by keirnna
Thanks, but that is so inconvenient. I will return the cards before I punch in 52 buttons a load...
Not to pick on you, but it's 27 buttons per load (plus the 11 buttons you press to dial the number).

I actually found it to be a little easier than the old site. It is certainly much easier than the newly updated site (aside from the fact that you can't load to BB from the new site, yet).

I would think returning the cards would be a minor (major) hassle.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:30 am

Not to pick on you, but it's 27 buttons per load (plus the 11 buttons you press to dial the number).

I actually found it to be a little easier than the old site. It is certainly much easier than the newly updated site (aside from the fact that you can't load to BB from the new site, yet).

I would think returning the cards would be a minor (major) hassle.
Please see my edit, you're right and I've just unloaded my $5k of cards.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:35 am

liquidating now thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by aeneas3
liquidating now thanks!

still 1k/day BB limit this way right?
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.