Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 2:12 pm

Still decent supply in Orange County, CA. Those stores that run out seem to be restocking. A couple, however, have been out for over a month.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Then, this is as bad as I thought it was. I'm going to have to switch to GCs, MOs, and going to WM more often. That sucks.
If you were not using MOs with VRs then you should not be using MOs without them.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
If you were not using MOs with VRs then you should not be using MOs without them.
What is that supposed to mean?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by FreeB
What is that supposed to mean?
That means that if you were able to liquidate VRs without MOs then you should be able to liquidate GCs without using MOs.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA EXP
seems like drying out in stores around me
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
All CVS I've been to are out of them. Also, the distribution center is out of them as well. Manager was not sure if that meant they're being discontinued or whether it's just a temporary shortage.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Huh? I prefer to use VRs and GCs to load my birds. Now, I will use GCs to load my birds and also buy some MOs. I avoid MOs unless I have to use them so I don't have to worry about issues with my banks.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
That means that if you were able to liquidate VRs without MOs then you should be able to liquidate GCs without using MOs.
Oh. That's true, no doubt. I just dont' want to have to go to WM that often, so I will use MOs to avoid so many WM trips.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: /usr/bin
Originally Posted by aeneas3
On a brighter note, my local RA let me moneypak with a cc today. score!
What ways are people unloading GDMPs these days?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by gt_croz
What ways are people unloading GDMPs these days?
https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by cvasara
I've been getting the new strip VRs for the past 4 to 5 weeks now. My main CVS has had a mix of them. I haven't bought any VRs for about 3 weeks, but need to get ready for October. My closest, and best CVS is 45 miles away, but I have a business trip scheduled there tomorrow. So, I'll give a report back tomorrow evening. (Assuming that the pub doesn't get in my way)
My store had the new ones for the last few weeks and now those are sold out.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Got what I needed in Northern VA but harder than usual. I typically find them easily. Made almost all purchases at two stores (one of which was refilled mid-month) that had a decent stock but are now out. And people are hiding them again - I found cards behind stuff all over the GC rack and one in with magazines.

I don't go into 7-11 much but the couple I did were out as well. VR's have benn plentiful at Sunoco stations, but I am 0-for-a bunch trying to buy one with a CC there.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:03 pm

To early to know exactly what's going on yet but CVS seems to be deactivating some of my cards (OneVanilla and vanilla reloads). I need some fellow FTers to head over to corporate with me so that we can make some "heads roll" (kidding, obv).

the only thing that I can guess is that I definitely bought more than 1k/day at stores that are max of 1k/day.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
To early to know exactly what's going on yet but CVS seems to be deactivating some of my cards (OneVanilla and vanilla reloads). I need some fellow FTers to head over to corporate with me so that we can make some "heads roll" (kidding, obv).

the only thing that I can guess is that I definitely bought more than 1k/day at stores that are max of 1k/day.
What do you mean deactivating? How does a retailer store deactivate a GC or reload?

Did the xard's CS dept tell you this?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
What do you mean deactivating? How does a retailer store deactivate a GC or reload?

Did the xard's CS dept tell you this?
The store manager can call Corporate Security Dept which in turn call the GC issuers' security dept to deactivate GCs. Happened to someone I know in the early days when $1K/day policy was not strictly followed. The store manager found out the clerk sold way too many VRs to a customer, then he took it upon himself to start the process to have all cards sold deactivated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.