Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Funding new bank/CU account(s) with a credit card - Postmortem

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funding new bank/CU account(s) with a credit card - Postmortem

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Does anyone know if the rejection has any implications for your credit?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by lovenola
Does anyone know if the rejection has any implications for your credit?
Credit? No. What it theoretically could affect is your ability to open bank accounts, if they reported you to ChexSystems. But I haven't seen any indication they've done that, any my guess is nothing will happen.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:04 pm

Stiil work?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by mytf
Stiil work?
Something tells me you didn't read any recent posts in this thread.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Not elitist, just a bunch of concerned environmentalists assuring that rare, endangered deals do not go extinct in a matter of hours after public release.
And what some of these people that blow up deals either intentionally or just being careless don't realize is there are many ways to cause problems.

Starting New Threads is a big problem often and the OP should think about PM'ing at least 10-20 people and getting opinions on the topic first.
Excuses like it was posted last year on XYZ or by puke and snot on a blog is not a valid reason to take something out of the safety of the bunker and pull it out on the firing range and hope noone notices it. That is how the blogs get some of their fodder for the evil money grubbing blog to get read so they post useful info so people read and get spoon fed and then some are foolish enough to feel obligated to click on a referral link to sign up for a CC when they could do it through Flyer Talk where the referral or whatever code is removed.

Originally Posted by Stoughton

You can stop with the 'I'm for the people' speaches and maybe tone down the dramallama a bit too

Yes, I pm'd you and suggested you keep it under wraps, and yes, I knew where you'd gotten it. There's nothing elitist with keeping a deal close to the vest, esp a deal which likely can't withstand a lot of pressure.

And don't think for a second that FT exists to help people - it's a money making venture that's here for the revenue generating purposes of the sites owners. That people get help is secondary.
I PM'd him too and am not afraid to admit it because when people start threads they really should think Can or Will this hurt this deal or ANYbody that may be using it. Now some mistakenly comment in a thread a thought they shouldn't and many of us have done that trying to be helpful and regretted it when it got blown up in a blog.

But starting a NEW Thread is a Deliberate Act and if you need the attention and have a personal agenda well then you should be ready to deal with the heat of people PM'ing mad. More importantly to any newbies reading is this is the fastest and best way to Never be included in PM's with other members about new confidential deals that can stay that way for months before it gets discovered somewhere else. Most of us have messaged with a few regular contacts or some people even dozens of people regularily but starting damaging threads or posting comments exposing things will get you cut off or never included in the first place.

I have posted before about not funding the evil blogs by clicking on their links to CC offers where they get $100 or more sometimes per person and can rake in tens of thousands regularily. Well why not help Flyer Talk and use the links here that have the referal removed. You are still helping the forum and keeping it here and on the Quiet is the way to go

Last edited by mia; Apr 22, 2013 at 7:04 am
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:02 pm

Amex ca rules

does AMEX count funding US Bank as a CA?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nobiggy
No.

Before anyone gets excited here, $500 max.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:52 pm

disclaimer: i have not read any of the posts before posting.

why use this MS method (i.e. opening up a bank account) when you can do the same thing with kiva loans? the entire funds are still tied up for x months in the bank, whereas u get prorated amounts back within those same x months via kiva.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by nobiggy
FIA / Fidelity Amex does.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
disclaimer: i have not read any of the posts before posting.

why use this MS method (i.e. opening up a bank account) when you can do the same thing with kiva loans? the entire funds are still tied up for x months in the bank, whereas u get prorated amounts back within those same x months via kiva.
In what sense are funds tied up in a bank account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.