Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by inY
Has anybody been able to open a First Premier Card? The website looks scammy and it woudln't let me open one "User Blacklisted". Calling led to this e-mail address: [email protected] which seems to be the backend provider. E-mail was not answered.

https://www.firstpremierprepaid.co.u...okieCheck=true
https://secure.firstpremierprepaid.c...okieCheck=true
I've had one for a while but not found a MS route for it yet.

That's not to say there aren't any however!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:28 pm
inY

Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
I've had one for a while but not found a MS route for it yet.

That's not to say there aren't any however!
What's the BIN? 519525? Do you know the MCC when it's loaded from a credit card?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by inY
What's the BIN? 519525? Do you know the MCC when it's loaded from a credit card?
Yes, 5195 25. I haven't been able to load it with a credit card, last time I checked it was debit card only. That was months ago though so may have changed.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Hi Guys,
would very much appreciate your help in getting started with MS please
Anyone able to share an how-to and/or based in London for a quick chat/beer ?
Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Have a question related to Drive, credit card and an app. Don't want to write here but wondering if a MS veteran might DM me? Very stupid/noob question I'm sure.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:10 am

Have prepaid visa/mc cards been withdrawn from the UK market? I visited several UK supermarkets last week and could not find any.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by luckyjim
Have prepaid visa/mc cards been withdrawn from the UK market? I visited several UK supermarkets last week and could not find any.
No. Still loads about.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by c1223
Does anyone have any experience with using surebets? (Anyone who actually does will completely understand this, others probably not).
I thought all gambling transactions are classed as cash wd? There are some ways around this I can think of that might work but they'd be very slow.

Otherwise it would be trivial to do 6 figs with this method...

Last edited by mhrb; Aug 6, 2019 at 6:52 am
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by mhrb
I thought all gambling transactions are classed as cash wd? There are some ways around this I can think of that might work but they'd be very slow.

Earning points on this is a minor. Doing 6 or 7 figures a year isn't hard once you have the infrastructure and knowledge. The issue is KYC when you step things up to this level. Unless you have a big bankroll or income, Amex for example will shut you down when they FR you as using them for gambling transactions or any other financial transaction for the purpose of MS is against their T&Cs.

The softies also get stroppy over too many deposits and withdrawals in a short space of time. Having said that, the laws on charging fees for credit card transactions had an unintended consequence on the viability of doing this.

If you do have the means however then there are better ways of MSing big with less operational risk (which doesn't include the arithmetic involved).

Last edited by TheUrbanite; Aug 7, 2019 at 6:26 am
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by mhrb

There's an indirect method of topping up gambling accounts. There is a "man in the middle" between the gambling companies and Amex. It's how I would imagine people clean money.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:40 am

In the past I have used pre-pay cards issued by travelex (supercard) and Vodafone (issued by wire card services) that allowed top up from credit card and spend as debit (even allowing payment of credit card bills) and made a ton of miles but haven’t found anything since. I just tried boon (issued by wirecard) but although it’s pre-pay, everywhere seems to see it as a credit card and blocks it :-(

keen to hear from anyone who used supercard or Vodafone card that has found anything similar since
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:19 pm

Not able to look up Boon but that shouldn't be an issue. PM me!

Interested in more pre-pay options if available.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:04 am

Hi everyone. Last year I've moved to the UK after almost a decade in the US (should have stayed for the credit cards, but oh well). So, I'm trying to learn the ropes of the CC market here now. Anyone willing to PM any tips related to manufactured spending? I know about Curve and nothing else at the moment. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:39 am

Hi everyone,

I've been doing this for a couple years and have been hitting 6 figures pa but have only just come across this forum so I'm quite excited to see I'm not the only one doing it

Mike, having read online, US is a gold mine for rewards / cashback, Curve is a start but as I can see others have said... we don't like to make it public!

I've only told one my other half the full extent of all the schemes I have!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 5:49 am

Hi msbandit
No need to make it public, just PM me with some tips

Yes, indeed the US is a gold mine, you don't even need manufactured spending, you can do pretty well just with sign up bonuses and regular (bonused) spending. When I left I was basically doing no MS except on the odd Visa gift card sold at a discount and a few Kiva loans; but in the good old days (circa 2012/2013) I was doing Ł10k per month in regular MS (plus the odd lowered value opportunity).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.