Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:22 pm

deleted
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Gold)
Originally Posted by anon6969
Are any of these reloadable cards?
I'm pretty sure I received paper vouchers for John Lewis last time I ordered them.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Blenz101
I'm pretty sure I received paper vouchers for John Lewis last time I ordered them.
No, I don't think the vouchers from high street vouchers are reloadable. Folks over at PTS mention ordering multiples of them.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Blenz101
John Lewis give cash as change for paper vouchers so if you have a big voucher and only buy a paper - that's pretty good for manufacturing spend.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by janed9388
John Lewis ...
Ohhh heavens... Here comes the next 3V/NS&I bandwagon.

JL tills all over the country will be full of gift vouchers given by PTS/Fters buying newspapers and void of any cash!

On a more serious note, though, this is something that will cost JL badly if it becomes widespread (because they will be paying commission on the full GC value) so you might want to consider deleting your post if you want to keep this mechanism alive. It is entirely up to you though, since this is your information.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by luckyjim
No, I don't think the vouchers from high street vouchers are reloadable. Folks over at PTS mention ordering multiples of them.
Whats PTS?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by flieduk
Ohhh heavens... Here comes the next 3V/NS&I bandwagon.

JL tills all over the country will be full of gift vouchers given by PTS/Fters buying newspapers and void of any cash!

On a more serious note, though, this is something that will cost JL badly if it becomes widespread (because they will be paying commission on the full GC value) so you might want to consider deleting your post if you want to keep this mechanism alive. It is entirely up to you though, since this is your information.
But only seem to be able to buy 10 John Lewis vouchers, so sounds impractical.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:38 am

Whats PTS?
http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC
But only seem to be able to buy 10 John Lewis vouchers, so sounds impractical.
Well I am sure we will see the "Great Hunt for the cheapest item stocked by John Lewis" soon or even better ""Great Hunt for the item stocked by John Lewis that can be sold on ebay for the smallest loss"
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Just a note of caution; I've seen reports on PTS of people being stopped by managers in Waitrose and John Lewis and deliberately being give their change in 1 vouchers.

This is fine for a few vouchers here and there, but once your face is known they're pretty wise to it.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Just a note of caution; I've seen reports on PTS of people being stopped by managers in Waitrose and John Lewis and deliberately being give their change in 1 vouchers.

This is fine for a few vouchers here and there, but once your face is known they're pretty wise to it.
Unless you combine the 3v cards, which cost money, the biggest gift voucher you can order is 20. You would need to by a lot of small items to create a significant manufactured spend element. And yes, John Lewis would soon get wise to you.

Gift vouchers are known as a way of cleaning stolen money - a stolen credit card or hacked PayPal account say - so stores are wary of people passing a lot if them.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
I'll throw in my 2p's worth and say that this is still not Manufactured Spend. You'll soon wear out your welcome with JL, and any other store with this kind of thing. Not that the bottom feeders will care
Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
I have also not named the UK loyalty credit card which lets you pay your bill with ANOTHER credit card .... and it goes through as a purchase! (This does work, I have tested it in recent months.)
Did anyone get anywhere with this? I can understand if people don't want to name it (I certainly wouldn't) but can anyone confirm that it is worth pursuing? I have not seen anything with this potential since the old PayPal card.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by janed9388
John Lewis give cash as change for paper vouchers so if you have a big voucher and only buy a paper - that's pretty good for manufacturing spend.
sorry, meant to say Waitrose but I think it probably applies to John Lewis too but I only know about Waitrose. But I agree, not really something you can do too often.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amex Platinum
Wink

Originally Posted by luckyjim
Did anyone get anywhere with this? I can understand if people don't want to name it (I certainly wouldn't) but can anyone confirm that it is worth pursuing? I have not seen anything with this potential since the old PayPal card.
I've applied for it, i'll let you know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.