Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Steve Oh
What we know so far, that we are happy to share, and won't get the hump when other people ask us or other people get the hump cos we know something they don't.

3V / Pay.com cards are no more

That is all.
Print Wikipost

Manufactured Spend UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by mrtibbs1999
Someone told me it was available to Dubai, but I'm relying on them.... Do we have a conclusive figure anyone?
40k to Dubai return is the sale fare, which is not always available. It isn't now, although AUH usually is.

AUH shows 40k plus £493 taxes ex London, no option on long haul to pay tax in miles.

I would do Avios and airberlin, you get the flat bed ex Berlin to AUH and tax in J is about £70. Buy or redeem a separate ticket to Berlin.

Last edited by Raffles; Mar 18, 2013 at 2:46 pm
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by stifle
No they don't. They all operate ATMs which they use to put their notes into circulation.
[sarcasm on]
you don't say !
[sarcasm off]

I was looking for possible options to puchase them online perhaps for people who wanted to collect it or whatever in England. not too many Northern Ireland notes coming out of England ATMs.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Steve Oh
I'll confirm with RPPMC that it is only £4 to transfer whatever is on the card into a bank account
Just had it confirmed that the £4 fee does relate to transferring funds into a bank account ^
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by Richyo
Just had it confirmed that the £4 fee does relate to transferring funds into a bank account ^
Yup, me too - they must have replied to our emails at the same time
And now we have it in writing

Just need to wait for the actual card to arrive now, then off to Reading I go...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
I went to The Range today - do not buy store vouchers, they have special prepaid card vouchers. Ask for them. They had to look through a few tills for me. They do not take Amex, but I think we already knew that. Now just to see how easy it is to move money...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:10 am

Thanks for the advice re vouchers.
Did they add the vouchers to your card there and then, or do you take them away and add them in your own time?

Might be worth getting in touch with the store a week in advance and let them know you're coming to top up a prepaid card, so that they have the vouchers there, and to hand.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:16 am
Original Poster

They give you little scratch off cards, which you then go away an top up using... And yes, ring the store as they had a limited number in the Romford store.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
you get the flat bed ex Berlin to AUH
Nope.

Seems to be DUS that gets the new cabin i'm afraid. I was in the old ski slope a few weeks ago TXL-AUH. That will change though in a few months i'm sure.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Jamjaw
They give you little scratch off cards, which you then go away an top up using... And yes, ring the store as they had a limited number in the Romford store.
Excellent - will do.
How long are you going to leave it til you ask for the transfer?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Excellent - will do.
How long are you going to leave it til you ask for the transfer?
Got a couple more work trips near the range stores, in the next couple of weeks, so after that...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Jamjaw
Got a couple more work trips near the range stores, in the next couple of weeks, so after that...
Sound good - can I ask what total you'll be looking at when it comes to transfer time? Just so I know what a safe amount to do is
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
Sound good - can I ask what total you'll be looking at when it comes to transfer time? Just so I know what a safe amount to do is
I did a few K, it's legit as to be able to get to that level they need to verify you for money laundering regs. If you are going to slosh 10's of thousands around, make sure you keep a log in case HMRC ask about it.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:04 pm

Programs: *A
There seems to me to be nothing illegal or even unethical about this whole scheme. You're paying them for the service they request. The only ones who could complain are the CC company, that it's a cash transfer, not a purchase. But that's always the risk here.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:33 am

Is the amex TC still the best way for spending on amex since the range stores do not accept amex cards?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eshaq786
Is the amex TC still the best way for spending on amex since the range stores do not accept amex cards?
It is indeed - although some people have reported that the loophole may be closed. If you give it a go, let me know so I can update the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.