FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   5K miles per month (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1446689-5k-miles-per-month.html)

tiladam Mar 10, 2013 5:41 pm

5K miles per month

Does anyone know how we can manufacture 5,000 months per month??
PM me

bangkokiscool Mar 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Become a deity that can create time.

5000 miles is easier.

AlohaDaveKennedy Mar 10, 2013 5:56 pm

For 5,000 months, play the Song of Time on the Ocarina of Time and the Goddess of Time will come to your aid.:p

Else, miles is doable, but it depends on which specific program you need miles for.:cool:

punjabi2 Mar 10, 2013 6:23 pm

You guys at hilarious. We know what the op is asking!!

wpast Mar 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Yellowbird

Stoughton Mar 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by tiladam (Post 20396579)
Does anyone know how we can manufacture 5,000 months per month??
PM me

Really man? 1 post, no effort into reading the forum, asking people to feed it to you?

TTnC4me Mar 10, 2013 7:29 pm

azul feathers

Majikow Mar 10, 2013 8:52 pm

First you have to invest in some new tools and a good assembly line. Then you have to find something that can measure 26.4 million feet.

redreeper Mar 10, 2013 8:58 pm

I've done it before. It involves a black hole and a toaster oven. I'll PM you.

josephstern Mar 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Forget miles - anyone know how I can get free money with no effort and without reading anything? Don't post here! PM me.

tiladam Mar 10, 2013 9:25 pm

I MEANT 5,000 -MILES- PER MONTH. Sorry! Ha ha.

Anyone got any tricks? PM me

Stoughton Mar 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 20397549)
Forget miles - anyone know how I can get free money with no effort and without reading anything? Don't post here! PM me.

Sorry, we only give that info to new members with no posting history, no attempt at helping themselves, and nothing to offer in return.

Pinotlover Mar 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Wow, man! Spend some time studying and you will answer your own question.

I couldn't resist having this be my first post. I've been going to class since Nov and there is now way I would come outta the gate with that question. There is a wealth of knowledge here if you take the time.

tiladam Mar 10, 2013 9:44 pm

I've spent the entire day reading all the threads and everything people have posted about the topic no longer works. Am I missing something?

PainCorp Mar 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by tiladam (Post 20397550)
I MEANT 5,000 -MILES- PER MONTH. Sorry! Ha ha.

Anyone got any tricks? PM me

Wow, this is a new low...

Zamboni Driver Mar 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by tiladam (Post 20397613)
I've spent the entire day reading all the threads and everything people have posted about the topic no longer works. Am I missing something?

This may be an obvious answer - yes you are.

tiladam Mar 10, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm new at all this - sorry guys.
Will anyone PM and fill me in?

PainCorp Mar 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by tiladam (Post 20397648)
I'm new at all this - sorry guys.
Will anyone PM and fill me in?

http://cdn...............net/instanc...x/27546652.jpg

gloreglabert Mar 10, 2013 10:34 pm

I'm sure US Airways would be happy to manufacture you 5000 miles per month. The only raw materials needed are a valid CC number.

longhorn11 Mar 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by tiladam (Post 20397613)

You do realize people join this site and read for a month or two before posting correct? I know that's not the norm now but there was a time when research was valued around here...

josephstern Mar 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Has anyone tried just calling the airlines and asking? After all, they mint the miles, so they should tell us how to get them basically for free, right?

Maybe we can each call a few airlines tomorrow and report back, k?

PainCorp Mar 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 20397864)
Has anyone tried just calling the airlines and asking? After all, they mint the miles, so they should tell us how to get them basically for free, right?

Maybe we can each call a few airlines tomorrow and report back, k?

We should try calling the mint and try the same for some $1 coins.

longhorn11 Mar 10, 2013 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 20397901)
We should try calling the mint and try the same for some $1 coins.

Way ahead of you, already have a shipment next week. Keep this quiet btw.

PainCorp Mar 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11 (Post 20398012)
Way ahead of you, already have a shipment next week. Keep this quiet btw.

OK, I'll just post it in it's own thread, who could possibly find out? It won't end up on SD or FW, right?

topmikey Mar 10, 2013 11:57 pm

hahaha the replies to this thread are hilarious.

but seriously man...read up.

tiladam Mar 11, 2013 12:25 am

Manufactured Spending & Taxes?

If someone were to figure out a success way to basically move money from the credit card to "a middle man" and then from "the middle man" back to your bank account and do this process over and over again, wouldn't this cause an issue with your bank? And what about taxes? Or does this not make a difference?

gloreglabert Mar 11, 2013 12:34 am

Disclaimer: I am not an accountant, and this is just my layman's understanding from reading a number of sources.

The IRS considers credit card rewards a "rebate" on spending, rather than actual taxable income. So in general, the accumulation of credit card rewards does not have any impact on taxes.

The notable exception is for business expenses, where the expenses are written off on your taxes. In that case, the rewards you accrue for your business expenses are deducted from what you're allowed to write off. I'm not sure when, if ever, this rule has been put to the test.

As far as your bank is concerned, your bank can decide they don't like anything they want. If they don't like what you're doing, they can absolutely shut you down. And yes, some of the tactics used to manufacture spend, when taken to extremes, will cause banks to not like you.

tiladam Mar 11, 2013 12:38 am

So, for example:

If I use my Airline CC to buy $3,000 worth of reloadable gift cards with a different name on them and then use the gift cards to pay a middle man (which is registered under my name) and then move the money from the middle man back to my bank account and then pay the CC bill, this is okay tax wise you think? (and to do this a few times a month or more).

wpast Mar 11, 2013 12:40 am

Use square!

tiladam Mar 11, 2013 12:45 am

Have you done this before WPAST?
Also, any word on how this all would affect taxes---if at all?

PainCorp Mar 11, 2013 12:48 am

Again, you really need to spend more time reading. Everything you have posted tonight has been covered before. Many, many, many times.

tiladam Mar 11, 2013 12:50 am

I haven't found anything on taxes. What thread is it in?

PainCorp Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

We aren't going to spoon feed you everything. Search. There are many threads on the services you would use to move money like that, look in those, look in the threads about the cards you are going to use to see how it processes those payments.

wpast Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

Keep all your receipts, just in case

tiladam Mar 11, 2013 12:55 am

Thank you WPAST.
And PAINCORP, you are the only one who has issues with my questions. I have been getting lots of PMs from members with answers and advice. Calm down gurrl.

PainCorp Mar 11, 2013 12:58 am

Originally Posted by tiladam (Post 20398295)
Thank you WPAST.
And PAINCORP, you are the only one who has issues with my questions. I have been getting lots of PMs from members with answers and advice. Calm down gurrl.

Not a "gurl," and there have been more than a few people saying exactly what I did. Do I need to link to the whole thread mocking you for constantly asking for PMs spoon feeding you information?

Many here including myself spent a lot of time reading, researching and planning out how to do the churns, spend and applications. We spent a lot of time researching, and only asked after being stumped, and usually when we ask, it's a unique or rare situation. Nothing you have posted tonight is a rare or unique situation.

tiladam Mar 11, 2013 12:59 am

PAINCORP(S)
I'm sorry you have issues with me. I send you positive love and energy. Peace and joy, peace and joy are coming your way.

PainCorp Mar 11, 2013 1:02 am

Originally Posted by tiladam (Post 20398307)
PAINCORP(S)
I'm sorry you have issues with me. I send you positive love and energy. Peace and joy, peace and joy are coming your way.

And I'm sending Ritalin your way.

tiladam Mar 11, 2013 1:03 am

Oh, thank you! That's very kind. :) such a sweet heart

pcharles Mar 11, 2013 6:21 am

While the mods here never censor anything, why is this thread still going?