Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
I've seen these cards at my 7-11, can I set a PIN and use them like a regular Visa GC? When buying a OneVanilla GC from 7-11 it works fine and then refunds the $504.95 after the transaction is complete.

WWWOOO Melly! That is NOT a gift card - that is a debit card, like my vanilla. They will require your SSN and such - no fun at all!!!! Pass, IMHO
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:19 pm
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
It's also Green Dot, which is possibly more loathed than Bancorp around these parts...

Not sure who's won the race to the bottom, Paypal or Green Dot
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by simz
I found not one, not two but 3 C_V_$ stores with VR's.. and suddenly they have vanished from all 3 of them.. at the same time..

So my for my fun.. time to search again.. but it's so difficult in the tri state area
it seems some CVS's are putting the VR's up by the cashiers. When I go in and do not find them I'm now asking people where they are OR if they have more.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:24 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by KPT
It's also Green Dot, which is possibly more loathed than Bancorp around these parts...

Not sure who's won the race to the bottom, Paypal or Green Dot
Also, Green Dot only lets you have 10 cards max (even if closed).
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
I've seen these cards at my 7-11, can I set a PIN and use them like a regular Visa GC? When buying a OneVanilla GC from 7-11 it works fine and then refunds the $504.95 after the transaction is complete.

This is a reload-ABLE card (i.e. a semi-permanent card that you load funds onto, similar to how you load a Rushcard with funds, or a Mio card, or Kardashian Kard) not a RELOAD card. Don't buy it.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:09 pm

Ok, thanks guys. Now that my local 7-11 is not allowing CC to purchase OneVanilla cards I've been trying to find something else to buy before the end of the month.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
On my AMEX Blue Cash the local 7-11 combo stores get listed as supermarket/grocery in the transaction description, and ultimately got categorized as 1% (not 5% grocery). My guess is indeed they got classified as a convenience store. So this might be YMMV - calculate your rewards totals to make sure.
This just happened to me as well. They classify it as a misc food store. I had to chat with them to figure it out. BS
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:03 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
it seems some CVS's are putting the VR's up by the cashiers. When I go in and do not find them I'm now asking people where they are OR if they have more.
I am guessing it was just a restocking issue.. they dont restock them as much as I would like.. Checked in 2 of the 3 stores yesterday.. they were back there..
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:34 pm
Suspended

my friend who works at a cvs next to a home improvement store in a large metropolitan area tells me that one of you guys came in with a picture of a vr alternative on your cell phone and showed the pic to the clerks and asked the clerks to begin stocking those types of cards.
theres enough info for the person who fits this profile to figure out that im talking about them.
lol who was it???
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Irritating issue today. Was at a gas station chain that exists throughout the northeast and VA and WV that I will call "blanketz" (it starts with an S and is similar to Wawa though not as good). Tried to get a VR which was cash only. Then, tried to pick up a vanilla gc. No go on that with a cc as well, though the manager tried to run it. This happened at 2 separate locations. Both managers were willing to run, though not super friendly or helpful in either situation. Anyone have any luck with "blanketz" for either transaction?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:36 pm
Suspended

are you talkin about kum&go gas stations?? its in the midwest not the region you describe. but you are clearly talking in code and cypher, and that is what we all do in between the blanketz, so you must be talkin about kum&go.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Nope. I'll stick with the term blanketz, but those of y'all on the east coast know what I am referring to. Trying to get some love out of my discover and freedom card.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
are you talkin about kum&go gas stations??
With a name like that, I'd be weary of using the restrooms.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
With a name like that, I'd be weary of using the restrooms.
LOL, almost as bad as a restaurant in Bangkok 20 yrs ago named "Pigs and Condoms"- sorry if this is off topic
Cheers
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:00 pm

Evert C V S I visit in Vegas and CA are now all cash only. Anyone else running into this? If anyone knows a store in Vegas that is still accepting CC and feel like sharing please PM me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.