Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:04 am

How do you steal something with no value! Hahaha! Just playing devils advocate! Though I would never do that!
Originally Posted by thorax
Stealing unactivated cards. That sounds like a great way to replace your manfactured spending with manufacturing license plates.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by wpast
How do you steal something with no value! Hahaha! Just playing devils advocate! Though I would never do that!
Removing anything from a store that is placed there for sale is theft. If it is for free, "It is marked as FREE PICK ONE "
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:10 am

Just curious if someone desperate out there has ever used Walgreen beans and activated it at CVS! I think it would be hilarious if someone tried it and worked!!
Can't be done. CVS beans are scanned and Walgreen beans are swiped.

Besides, some of us know of Walgreens that let you use CC to buy VR.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:11 am

Just curious if someone desperate out there has ever used Walgreen beans and activated it at CVS! I think it would be hilarious if someone tried it and worked!!
A) this is theft, as previously pointed out
B) the register will probably refuse to activate it. there's a another thread ("ice cream melting") where somebody got permission to move beans from one CVS to another because the first CVS's computers were down. the second CVS's register told the cashier to pull the particular beans from the shelf when rang up
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by 30French
It would be interesting to know how much of the VR market is mile and cashback chasers versus average joes that use these products as pseudo-banking. I would assume that the miles and points crowd makes up the minority of the market, or otherwise the clawbacks would be more swift and far reaching...
I'm utterly certain that the miles and points crowd make up the bulk of VR purchasing. To see this, check the racks at your stores for ReloadIt cards or Paypal reload cards. See how they're full? It's not because VRs are easier to use...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:20 pm

I think it's funny that everybody thinks i was serious about not saying c V s.

or Consumer Value Stores, as I'm now calling it. That oughta trickem'!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by bobfather
I'm utterly certain that the miles and points crowd make up the bulk of VR purchasing. To see this, check the racks at your stores for ReloadIt cards or Paypal reload cards. See how they're full? It's not because VRs are easier to use...
Good point...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bobfather
PP cards are in equally short supply as VR's around here.

Reloadit cards can't be found at all
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:55 pm

Those of you that are finding vr's at places other than pharmacy's, are you finding the scratch off ones or the ones you have to take to the counter? unfortunately, i have searched far and wide and have not been able to find any scratch off ones that were eluded to above. I have found the take to the counter ones.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:11 pm

Odd. I haven't ever seen the kind you take to the counter. Only the scratch offs.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Those of you that are finding vr's at places other than pharmacy's, are you finding the scratch off ones or the ones you have to take to the counter? unfortunately, i have searched far and wide and have not been able to find any scratch off ones that were eluded to above. I have found the take to the counter ones.
Both and both cash only in all places where found.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Theft is a great way to end up in jail and also an amazing way to give CVS a reason to stop selling them if it becomes widespread.
Cheers
Howie
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by thorax
There are still quite a few 5x cards that work at drug stores and those are only 1x less good...
There are no 5x cards for drug stores - the only 5x card around is the Ink, and only with office supply purchases, and this card only earns 1x a drug stores.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
There are no 5x cards for drug stores - the only 5x card around is the Ink, and only with office supply purchases, and this card only earns 1x a drug stores.
Not 5x year round, but there are rotating category cards that will serve nicely for the time being.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Isn't there a Citi card that gives 5x TYP for a year at drugstores?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.