Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Retailers that allow large Cash Back with purchase

Retailers that allow large Cash Back with purchase

Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by MG49
Read through this old thread since it got brought back to life. Just to clarify, are people talking about cash back using debit GC's? Like if I have an OV or even a regular VGC or MCGC, can I use it at a self checkout and get cash back.

I do realize and use the other easier options with these cards, but just looking at this as a better option for OV's that aren't friendly with Kate.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Interesting, I'm getting $300 at Safeway in south and east bay (sf bay area).

so, I found out, you can choose 300 when you select other. Generally checkers request you ask to make sure they have enough in the till, but if you don't ask, and just punch it in, then they have to furnish it. You might get drunk eye when they have to get more money from their "bank", but they gotta do it. Only during day time tho, night time the vault is closed
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Mike Vogel
so, I found out, you can choose 300 when you select other. Generally checkers request you ask to make sure they have enough in the till, but if you don't ask, and just punch it in, then they have to furnish it. You might get drunk eye when they have to get more money from their "bank", but they gotta do it. Only during day time tho, night time the vault is closed
I can see another possible avenue of redemption rapidly closing from the above post.

All it will take is a couple of entitled ones demanding that they get their cash from a checker without the funds in their register.
Well played.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by zozeppelin
They get over it. The best part is when you do the CB, it isn't a request, it is a demand, so they are stuck paying you whether they like it or not. If they don't have it in the drawer, they send you to the money center. I'm sure my bank thinks I'm a drug dealer with all the cash. MOs don't look good either I'm sure. Oh well. On a weekend I can hit 3 Krogers, 2 $G and 3 SVC in an hour. Right now just doing WF for CB and MO but starting to experiment with UFB, which is no fee but half return.
I just left Kroger's and they charge a fee of $3.00 and you have to be a Kroger Plus card member. The clerk asked me if I wanted to do it and I told her, "No, the fee at the ATM was cheaper."
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by MilesGator
Similar to the Free ATMs thread...

I was wondering/hoping if others would be kind enough to point out specific retailers that allow (at a minimum) $100 cash back when making a purchase.

I believe buried in the WF forum someone mentioned a place that allowed $300 in cash back but it was no where near me. Similar stores would be much appreciated...especially if they're in Florida
​​​​​​I've got 300 cash back on my debit at Albertsons Store
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:17 am

Yes

Originally Posted by happy9zz
are you sure there is a place that allows $300 cash back from a debit card? I live in CA, and I haven't seen any place yet.
Albertsons in Texas does it!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.