Search

Facebook Gift Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Facebook Gift Card

Thoughts??

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebo...190300801.html

Seems like this one card can carry multiple balances from different retailers.

Might e nice for people that want Zuckerburg to track your purchases....
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Thoughts??

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebo...190300801.html

Seems like this one card can carry multiple balances from different retailers.

was looking it over yesterday. Couldn't identify any ways that this would be a useful tool to add to the arsenal (unless you can liquidate/consolidate GCs into this to then turn into a single card...but even then, there are better alternatives out there) *shrugs*
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agent0068
was looking it over yesterday. Couldn't identify any ways that this would be a useful tool to add to the arsenal (unless you can liquidate/consolidate GCs into this to then turn into a single card...but even then, there are better alternatives out there) *shrugs*
True. If you could liquidate, then it would be somewhat similar to the Target AMEX. Guess we'll wait and see.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Seems like a resuable gift-card consolidator to me. Only way to cash out appears to be at the place the credit is purchased for. Worth a quick read of the terms when they become available, but I agree that this probably won't be a useful tool.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: ALL :)
If this allows me to put 5 Gift Cards in one that I purchased at MISC stores for a discount I am all in. My wallet is getting mighty raggedy
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by djtsukasa

haha! that's exactly what I thought as soon as I read the subject. ^

no thanks, zuck!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by agent0068
Well, with so many methods coming to a close, always good to see "potential" new methods coming along.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: Northwest, United
So a bunch of Facebook accounts recently got hacked - and Facebook now says they had gone to visit a "developer" and while connected to their network their laptops were infected. Went back to their office, and boom - user accounts compromised.

I guess they not only regard the notion of privacy as "quaint" but also basic virus protection, too.

Don't think I would want Facebook to have my SSN or access to any financial info on me.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:49 am

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
They purposely set up the fb card so that no one can manufacture spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.