Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
https://simple.com/

It’s Simple
Use the Simple card for all your purchases. See transactions appear in your account in seconds.

Pay Anyone
The fastest, most intuitive way to pay your friends and pay your bills–by check or electronic funds transfer.

Get Cash
Welcome to the largest no-fee ATM network, Allpoint®.

See limits, terms, etc.
https://simple.com/policies/bancorp-account-agreement/

...These limits are $3,000 per check ($2,000 first 30 days) with a daily maximum of $5,000 and no more than 5 per day. There can be no more than 10 checks per week with a total of $25,000, or 15 checks not to exceed $75,000. Limits may be changed based on the length of time the account is opened and account activity.
Fees (Rivals Bluebird)
https://simple.com/policies/schedule-of-fees/

Shutdowns
Yes see post 137, 287
Print Wikipost

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by FT-hss
Do the Schwab ATMs take in MOs? MY CU fails on second MO every time and then I have to see a teller
Schwab can blacklist you as well. Not just Simple. Best way is spread around the MOs (even this is risky), but if MOs were drawn on different days, I guess that would be OK. Probably not a good idea to draw several MOs on the same day and deposit them in different banks.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Thumbs down Shutdown

My account just got shut down and they actually used the words "manuafacture spending" as the reason.

PSA: Clear out your Simple account and pre-emptively close it before they do.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by lad2
My account just got shut down and they actually used the words "manuafacture spending" as the reason.

We're you warned prior to this and kept going? We're you maxing out at 15 MO's per 30 days and immediately withdrawing? Bill pay, ach, what?

Without more information, your post is of little use. And if the risk of a shutdown is too much and getting your funds held up awhile, this isn't the game for you.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL DM

We're you warned prior to this and kept going? We're you maxing out at 15 MO's per 30 days and immediately withdrawing? Bill pay, ach, what?

Without more information, your post is of little use. And if the risk of a shutdown is too much and getting your funds held up awhile, this isn't the game for you.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:35 pm

Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:24 pm

Just an FYI

My account was closed today. I had deposited about 4-6k per month and kept the balance above $1,500 at all times. I transferred to my main checking account every 7-10 days

Robyn said

"After a review of your deposit history, we are closing your account.

Per the account agreement, our accounts are limited to personal use only. Your deposits do not meet the requirements of the account agreement.

We will mail a check for the balance of your account as soon as your transactions have cleared.

Thank you for your attention,

-Simple Support"

My fiancee who just started depositing money orders into her simple account at the same frequency over the last 6 weeks after having account open for 5 months with no activity, also had a message from Robyn. It told her to stop depositing money orders, but didn't close the account. Mine was closed, I suspect, due to the previous warning a few months ago.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...

lol the sky is falling, the sky is falling...again
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by MasterCharge
lol the sky is falling, the sky is falling...again
Uh don't put words in my mouth please. It's just a warning you want to close your account instead of them doing it potentially result in a negative mark in your CHEX report.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:29 pm

Anyone using Simple be careful. Their latest software update has wrecked havoc. It sent my money to the wrong bank account, and checks (as well as MOs) are taking longer to clear. They aren't even accepting phone calls right now unless it's "an emergency."
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:45 pm

Good Bye, Simple

Finally got the infamous letter from Robyn, saying no more MO deposits. Here is the history: opened the account at Feb, starting deposit 1K Mo every 10 days since March, not deposit for Jun while on vacation.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:54 pm
jk2

So, those people who got a mail from Robyn asking about MO deposits - did it end up in "good way" for you or their (Simple) decision was to close an account or no more deposits?

My story - I have a Simple account from 2013 (when they launched the service), but started to deposit MOs last year - usually no more than 4K, and use these funds to pay bills (no ATM, no ACH). After last deposit this week, I got a message from Daniel asking details about MO deposits. I replied and they didn't says anything yet. I'm worried how it will end.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:54 pm

Does anybody do any small everyday type expenses or mix in regular deposits? I only deposit about 1K a month and have set goals for savings instead of bill pay out immediately. I used the debit card occasionally for small purchases. So far so good but only using 4 months.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:29 am
jk2

Originally Posted by jk2
So, those people who got a mail from Robyn asking about MO deposits - did it end up in "good way" for you or their (Simple) decision was to close an account or no more deposits?

My story - I have a Simple account from 2013 (when they launched the service), but started to deposit MOs last year - usually no more than 4K, and use these funds to pay bills (no ATM, no ACH). After last deposit this week, I got a message from Daniel asking details about MO deposits. I replied and they didn't says anything yet. I'm worried how it will end.
UPDATE: Daniel responded that they don't like MO deposits (checks are OK) and advise not to deposit MOs anymore. Well, move to another bank. I'm not sure if I should close my Simple account or sit with 0 balance (however, there is a dormancy fee if no activity for 6 months).
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
is anybody still using this??? i am thinking of dropping 28K of MO in the next few days and hit it with bill pay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.