Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

source of payments to CC issuer.... limits...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

mods please move this to the correct thread if mis-posted. TIA.

For those of you who MS/travel hack/collect points/hobby, do you know if there are any guidelines to follow for different banks as far as how many sources you can use to pay off the same credit card before the bank will become unhappy?

For instance, you can pay from the following sources to the same CC
i.e...
chase checking to chase cc
or citi checking to chase cc
or in branch cash to chase cc
or money order to chase cc
or prepaid debit card bill pay to chase cc
or debit card to pay citi cc
or (am I missing anything...?)

At what point does a CC issuer start saying... why so many different sources? And then shut you down? Does each issuer have a different limit?

Just a question. I am not suggesting anyone actually do these things repeatedly in excessive amounts. But if you did a dollar from each source, is that a flag? Or is it the amount? 500 from each source? Or the frequency? Or the number of different sources? Or....? ? ?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by 3sgtekb
Does each issuer have a different limit ?
No, it is pretty random overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.