Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:30 pm

Seeing the same dispute form when I log on. I did one bill pay ~2 weeks ago and brought the account to zero. I called them because even though I have no money in the account, I would rather not keep the account open in a "locked" status. The guy told me to fax 4 things:

1. Government issued ID
2. Utility bill to verify address
3. Copy of SSN Card
4. Receipts from my cash load to the card

I told him I do not have #4 and he said to send the rest. What do you think about me just sending the first 2? I really don't want to send these guys a copy of my SSN (not even sure where it is) even though they already have it.

Here is the fax number he gave me in case it can help anyone: 925-217-0052

Last edited by FT2013; Jun 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm Reason: Adding fax number
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by therivler1
I was doing bill pays for a while. Got shut down by them, and was kinda a PITA getting my money back, ala netspend.
My wife and I both just got shut down by Account Now. I told them to just close our accounts and send us back the $1500 each (total $3000) we had just deposited. They said we would have a check in 7 - 10 days. Were they lying? What was your experience?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by girlsmom4
Why did you get shut down by them?
I was depositing $1500 two or three time on each card and then turning around and paying off the credit card immediately. The 3nd time I did this on each card they shut me down. When I called them they wanted to know the purpose of my deposits and they wanted me to send them a copy of my Drivers Lic. and a utility bill as well as the CASH receipts for the deposits I made. Since I charged the deposits initially, I don't have cash receipts, so I told them just to close my account and send us our outstanding balance back.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by topenga47
I was depositing $1500 two or three time on each card and then turning around and paying off the credit card immediately. The 3nd time I did this on each card they shut me down. When I called them they wanted to know the purpose of my deposits and they wanted me to send them a copy of my Drivers Lic. and a utility bill as well as the CASH receipts for the deposits I made. Since I charged the deposits initially, I don't have cash receipts, so I told them just to close my account and send us our outstanding balance back.
I just got off the phone with them and they told me they needed this information faxed in order to shut down my account. Sounds like your experience was different? They closed it without any info faxed from you?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by FT2013
I just got off the phone with them and they told me they needed this information faxed in order to shut down my account. Sounds like your experience was different? They closed it without any info faxed from you?
Yes --- the woman, from offshore, put us on hold twice (once for each account), then came back to the phone line and told us that the accounts were closed and I should expect a check in 7 to 10 days. I double checked with her before hanging up and she confirmed what she had said. So, I am hoping this is going to be true. I hope I don't have to fax all that stuff. I'll wait 7 days or so and then call them again to check on the status of the checks and closing. Why don't you try calling back?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Seeing the same dispute form when I log on. I did one bill pay ~2 weeks ago and brought the account to zero. I called them because even though I have no money in the account, I would rather not keep the account open in a "locked" status. The guy told me to fax 4 things:

1. Government issued ID
2. Utility bill to verify address
3. Copy of SSN Card
4. Receipts from my cash load to the card

I told him I do not have #4 and he said to send the rest. What do you think about me just sending the first 2? I really don't want to send these guys a copy of my SSN (not even sure where it is) even though they already have it.

Here is the fax number he gave me in case it can help anyone: 925-217-0052
Same boat here. Had been smooth sailing since started last fall, then a few days ago caught up in this sweep they obviously did.
My question- Has anyone had success getting their account back live again by faxing in the requested info? I am happy to send them items #1-3 (and can send them receipts for #4 but they will show I paid for my GDs and reloadits used to load to the card with credit cards, not cash) but only if there is a hope of getting the accounts going again. If it is not going to happen even if I do, then I do not want to send them anything.

Last edited by greek2me; Jun 15, 2013 at 1:57 pm
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
When you request a refund check, did they ask you to provide documentation like ssn, utility bill?
Hang up and call again, till you find a CSR that will open a "ticket" for a refund check.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:35 pm

You can also email the info to [email protected]

Asking for all this info is just theatre in my opinion. They have all our info, including SSN, on file. Banks and credit cards don't even ask for this stuff. What is a cash load receipt going to show? Anyway, I sent them what they asked for. If they close my account I'm going to file some complaints. I have a reloadit I cannot load and just found a reliable source.

On a slightly different topic, any other reloadit taking cards out there with billpay that won't shut me down right away? Please PM me.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:48 pm

For more data purposes, I got this card at the beginning of the month and loaded 500x10 loads via greendots. I sent a $2000 check to a person. Still open. Limit is 5k per calendar month as far as I can tell.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
I have several accounts and on one I faxed only a utility bill, a drivers license and a one-line "explanation" for the use of the MPs (regardless of their request for "receipts").

Them: (Obviously reading from a script) "You need to fax receipts"
Me: "I don't have receipts [for you]"
Them: "Please hold"
About a minute of scratchy hold music
Them: (Obviously reading from a script) "You need to fax receipts"

I was not asked for a SS card.

Since there are so many shutdowns at once they probably don't want to deal with the accounts individually and are just closing them and cutting checks at this point.

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
For more data purposes, I got this card at the beginning of the month and loaded 500x10 loads via greendots. I sent a $2000 check to a person. Still open. Limit is 5k per calendar month as far as I can tell.
You'll be caught in the next "sweep" I guess, until then good luck!

Last edited by cuebert; Jun 15, 2013 at 9:44 pm
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by topenga47
Yes --- the woman, from offshore, put us on hold twice (once for each account), then came back to the phone line and told us that the accounts were closed and I should expect a check in 7 to 10 days. I double checked with her before hanging up and she confirmed what she had said. So, I am hoping this is going to be true. I hope I don't have to fax all that stuff. I'll wait 7 days or so and then call them again to check on the status of the checks and closing. Why don't you try calling back?
Ok, here's an update on my situation. I called back and simply said I wanted to close my account. After verifying my information, the representative said that my account was already closed by the institution and that I could fax in all the requested information if I wanted to continue using it. This is different from what I was told earlier, which was that I needed to fax everything if I wanted to close my account.

I would recommend that everyone call to verify that your accounts are closed even if you have a zero balance. My concern is that if Account Now institutes a monthly fee or something like that down the road and our accounts are still open (but "locked") the accounts will be drawn negative and sent to collections. I have personally seen this happen at other banks in the past.

Please post your result here. Again, based on the information I received most recently from calling, it sounds like the "lock" on a zero balance account means it is closed.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:13 pm

It may not be a bad idea to send a letter CMRR stating that you want your account permanently closed so no additional fees are charged from that date and all residual funds returned. I'd send one to the address listed on the website, one to their registered agent in your state and fax a copy.

To tell you the truth we churners are more a headache for companies like this.
We generate no net income ... hell we probably cost them an arm and a leg.
It sounds like they know we are churning and NOT MLing but the only thing worst than a customer breaking laws is a customer costing them $$$.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:04 pm

Account Now?

I've done 4x $500 loads, just initiated my first bill pay yesterday. We'll see how it goes, no bad news yet
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:59 pm

Ok, here's an update on my situation. I called back and simply said I wanted to close my account. After verifying my information, the representative said that my account was already closed by the institution and that I could fax in all the requested information if I wanted to continue using it. This is different from what I was told earlier, which was that I needed to fax everything if I wanted to close my account.

I would recommend that everyone call to verify that your accounts are closed even if you have a zero balance. My concern is that if Account Now institutes a monthly fee or something like that down the road and our accounts are still open (but "locked") the accounts will be drawn negative and sent to collections. I have personally seen this happen at other banks in the past.

Please post your result here. Again, based on the information I received most recently from calling, it sounds like the "lock" on a zero balance account means it is closed.
thanks for the update. I'll give it 7 days and call back for a status report on my checks being sent. I can care less about the accounts being closed.....I just want to make sure I get my money back, which is $3000 sitting there in 2 accounts. The customer service agent I had seemed to indicate this was not a problem and the check is in the mail, so to speak, and my accounts are closed. I figure, give it time, and all these companies will tighten up, including Vanilla. I'll update in 7 to 10 days. If there is anyone out there who closed by phone and got their money in their account back without sending in all that faxed stuff....love to hear from you.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
Oh, sorry to hear all the horror stories. It seems the game is up, I had just got the card and now I see this post.

I have not yet activated the card. Now I am thinking if it makes sense to pay the monthly maintenance fee to keep it in play ($5.95 ???).

will have to do some Math else this is down and out as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.