Account Now?

Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by hobo916
On Monday, they suspended my account again, and when I called they indicated that they did not want me to simply put money in and out. It is enabled again, but I have no intention of changing what I do, so I assume it will be closed next time I make a CC payment.
I don't think it will be closed the next time you make a CC payment.

I BPed the balance out as soon as I got off the phone. Over a month later, the account remains open and the balance is still zero.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by cuebert
I don't think it will be closed the next time you make a CC payment.

I BPed the balance out as soon as I got off the phone. Over a month later, the account remains open and the balance is still zero.
I still have a small balance. Should I load it back to the max, pay the CC bill and see what happens? or is it too much risk to load it back up now?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:31 pm

hobo916, how long was it after you sent DL, SSN, etc. for them to reopen the account?

My wife sent that stuff on December 18 and the account remains closed...
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by crimson12
hobo916, how long was it after you sent DL, SSN, etc. for them to reopen the account?

FDIC them.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12

I faxed the paperwork, and I confirmed with them 2 days later that they have received them. 2 days after that my account was enabled again. I would asy Deb 18 is a long time. Have you called them to at least confirm they received your paperwork?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Should I load it back to the max, pay the CC bill and see what happens?
I don't see a problem with this if you have a few stray MPs with no better way to move them.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
FDIC them.
I don't disagree, but what exactly do you mean? Report them to who exactly and how? Just write a letter? That seems rather shot-in-the-dark.

I faxed the paperwork, and I confirmed with them 2 days later that they have received them. 2 days after that my account was enabled again. I would asy Deb 18 is a long time. Have you called them to at least confirm they received your paperwork?
In fairness with the holidays I did not focus on this at the end of the year. But on Friday they said they haven't received the paperwork. I re-faxed Friday and they said to call back to confirm in 48-72 hours. So hopefully tomorrow we will have an update...
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:06 am

hi all
Just logged into my AN account after getting some MP. I failed to check before and....
got the dispute screen.
called them and they want
- SS card (seems extreme and I have security concerns having my SS card sitting on a fax but I guess they have all that information
- license
- receipts from the deposits into the account.

The girl from general CS was unsure what #3 meant. Do they just want the confirmation numbers from the load from moneypack or do they want the receipts from purchasing the moneypacks?
I figure the latter.I keep all that stuff so going to do it all tomorrow.
Just curious what you guys think about the SS card business. seems a bit extreme.

Also, if anyone has a new favorite way to liquidate moneypacks please PM me. i know there are a ton out there but greendot is a no go for me, I am not interested in paypal.
I think h&r block is the next one. Will stop there this week.
thanks for the info and help.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by aeneas3
hi all
Just logged into my AN account after getting some MP. I failed to check before and....
got the dispute screen.
called them and they want
- SS card (seems extreme and I have security concerns having my SS card sitting on a fax but I guess they have all that information
- license
- receipts from the deposits into the account.

The girl from general CS was unsure what #3 meant. Do they just want the confirmation numbers from the load from moneypack or do they want the receipts from purchasing the moneypacks?
I figure the latter.I keep all that stuff so going to do it all tomorrow.
Just curious what you guys think about the SS card business. seems a bit extreme.

Also, if anyone has a new favorite way to liquidate moneypacks please PM me. i know there are a ton out there but greendot is a no go for me, I am not interested in paypal.
I think h&r block is the next one. Will stop there this week.
thanks for the info and help.
Rush card is fairly reliable. H&R block works too.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer
Rush card is fairly reliable. H&R block works too.
thanks will check out both
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by aeneas3
thanks will check out both
Agree with both of those options.

As for SSN, my wife had to send her SSN twice -- they didn't get it the first time? -- but the second time the account was reactivated pretty quickly.

(I posted last on Jan 12. Probably by Jan 13-14 or so the account was reactivated.)
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:37 pm

Received a similar message several weeks back from a rather gruff man, who demanded this info to unfreeze my account...sent it and shortly after account was closed and so began to month long struggle to get my money stiil left in now closed account, so...

My mistake is I reloaded my account once to often and went past the monthly limit...
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:34 pm

I'm not able to billpay on accountnow. Anyone having similar problems, website glitch?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I'm not able to billpay on accountnow. Anyone having similar problems, website glitch?
Yes, I'm having the problem too. Was able to reload just a moment ago, though, so I suspect this is a true "system" error and not related to our particular accounts.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
1$ for each transaction

Why do you guys apply this card? It doesn't make sense to pay 1$ for each transaction. There are a lot of prepaid cards without fee such as Netspend, paypower, uvision, rushcard...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.