Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:53 pm

Folks, I've been using this one for the past year and running $5-6k through it. No bill pay except an ~$800 mortage. Just $300-500/mo of random regular purchases and lots of MOs. They can't flag those as easily as a multi-thousand dollar BP to your CC account.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by UAbruin
Anybody have experience with being shutdown while a billpay is in progress?
me

My billpay was initiated on Friday and supposed to clear by Tuesday. I just logged today and saw the dispute page (the account was working fine yesterday).
you payment will likely not get through. It'll "time out" due to account "not found".

my theory is that payment might initiated your shut down. (as well as mine in my case)

I heard here no reports of accounts reopening. So likely you'll get your check sooner than later... (Kind of "hello" from AccountNow company.)
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by atxtravel
Folks, I've been using this one for the past year and running $5-6k through it. No bill pay except an ~$800 mortage. Just $300-500/mo of random regular purchases and lots of MOs. They can't flag those as easily as a multi-thousand dollar BP to your CC account.
Makes sense

You did transactions

Whereas just doing bp is something they make no money on
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:01 pm

yeah, people suggested this approach... Who'd new AN freaked out that easily

and you load it exclusively with reloads - no direct deposit or load from your other bank account?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
yeah, people suggested this approach... Who'd new AN freaked out that easily

and you load it exclusively with reloads - no direct deposit or load from your other bank account?
that's right, only reloads, a bunch of random transactions, one mortgage payment and several MOs. This scheme seems to mask it pretty well. Who knows maybe they'll crack down, but now that regular $500 gift cards can be cashed out into MOs, I'm no longer worried about losing my minimum spend ability. This is strictly for ongoing category perk "abuse" , presently in the form of $25k/mo spend on a TY preferred card.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Whereas just doing bp is something they make no money on
they might think a litttle further than shortest term perspective to earn a buck or two.

my normal bank doesn't make money on me via fees or transactions. But I value it as a stable respectable institution (unlike AccountNow as appears). My check is deposited to them, money are with them. I sort of credit it for nearly free. That way I profitable for them. AccountNow should learn a bit.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:29 pm

that's right, only reloads, a bunch of random transactions, one mortgage payment and several MOs. This scheme seems to mask it pretty well. Who knows maybe they'll crack down, but now that regular $500 gift cards can be cashed out into MOs, I'm no longer worried about losing my minimum spend ability. This is strictly for ongoing category perk "abuse" , presently in the form of $25k/mo spend on a TY preferred card.
impressive (about TY)

how MO transactions look on account - any different than reqular purchases in that store?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
They can't flag those as easily as a multi-thousand dollar BP to your CC account.
hahahahaha. Good Luck.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
impressive (about TY)

how MO transactions look on account - any different than reqular purchases in that store?
Just looks like a regular purchase at a grocery store. Also, I use these cards for quarterly tax payments at $2.99 per payment. I have several others similar to AN that I use.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:41 am

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Anybody have experience with being shutdown while a billpay is in progress? My billpay was initiated on Friday and supposed to clear by Tuesday. I just logged today and saw the dispute page (the account was working fine yesterday).
Just to be clear, is that Friday 21st? That'd mean they're still on the witch hunt right now. I got my account shut down when a billpay is supposedly in progress too. The bill pay was initiated on Wednesday (2weeks ago) and money was withdrawn on Friday night. Payment was posted on Monday night. Can't say for sure yours will go through but if you see the debit transaction for the bill pay on your AN account, I think you'll be fine.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by myndreamland
Just to be clear, is that Friday 21st? That'd mean they're still on the witch hunt right now. I got my account shut down when a billpay is supposedly in progress too. The bill pay was initiated on Wednesday (2weeks ago) and money was withdrawn on Friday night. Payment was posted on Monday night. Can't say for sure yours will go through but if you see the debit transaction for the bill pay on your AN account, I think you'll be fine.
Yup. Friday the 21st. I thought I had been lucky with the account closures and wanted to transfer my money out and never deal with AN again, but I think a bill pay of the remainder of the account balance triggered it. If you want to cash out your money, probably safer to do it via a money order debit transaction at a local grocery store.

Also, the telephone prompt is telling me that there is a balance left, so I'm guessing the bill pay was stopped and I'll have to deal with them to get my money back.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:29 am

I plugged a $500 Reloadit card in and payed out. Not sure if I want to deal with these people after some horrible customer service getting the account setup and seeing all these warnings.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by rambro
I plugged a $500 Reloadit card in and payed out. Not sure if I want to deal with these people after some horrible customer service getting the account setup and seeing all these warnings.
Give us some update if/after you're shut down
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:08 pm

Yup. Friday the 21st. I thought I had been lucky with the account closures and wanted to transfer my money out and never deal with AN again, but I think a bill pay of the remainder of the account balance triggered it. If you want to cash out your money, probably safer to do it via a money order debit transaction at a local grocery store.

Also, the telephone prompt is telling me that there is a balance left, so I'm guessing the bill pay was stopped and I'll have to deal with them to get my money back.
In my case, I saw the debit transaction on the AN page before going into the bill pay page. It means that the money has already been deducted from my account and the bill pay was 'on the fly'. However, if yours never cleared from AN, it probably (hopefully) will come back to you in the form of a check
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
I called in to Customer Sservice [sic] on the acct I was trying to re-open to ask about a refund check.

The automated system said it had a zero balance. The offshore agent said it had $ which had been automatically refunded when the account was closed due to "activity" and the check would take 10-14 days for processing.

They had notes on this account about me sending in a fax. There was no record of receiving anything and she wanted to make sure I had the right fax number.

She also said (without prompting) that I was welcome to open a new AN account and to have a blessed day.

Last edited by cuebert; Jun 24, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.