Wiki Posts
Search

Account Now?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by cuebert
No issues with MPs, I just used a few today.
Thanks for that update

May i ask

Did you buy mps one at a time or several in one trans?
What did you use them on? Did you load to paypal or to a prepaid card and which one?

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Thanks for that update
Check your inbox.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
The representative whom I talked with advised me that I should apply again and there shouldn't be a problem getting approved or anything. My guess is that this was an one-time operation and if we let it cool for a while, maybe we can reapply and resume it...until the next close-down. Therefore, I'd like to know if anyone has been successful in doing bill pay right now and not have their accounts closed. That'd mean they are done for now.

Other than Netspend, AN is probably the best candidate for RI with no monthly fees. Other cards have like 5 or 10 dollars fee every month.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Originally Posted by drdrew450
wells fargo 5x grocery for 6 months (public offer is 3x)
amex hilton 5x at grocery
amex prg 2x at grocery
amex blue preferred 6% capped at $6000
barclays travelocity amex 2x at grocery(if you pick that category) works out to be 4% back if you redeem 20000 pts for $400 of travelocity purchases

these are what I have, I know there are more out there.
I'm interested in applying for the Travelocity. Does the 4% back apply only on Travelocity purchase or any charge on the account? The link on their website seems to imply only Travelocity purchase but if you have the card, I'd love to confirm this.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
After this debacle, netspend, mvd, mio and grerndot proper i wouldnt retrust any of these crappy prepaids over the syrian regime
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Anyone here whose AccountPow account is still active? We've obviously heard from a bunch of folks who recently got the bum's rush. Just curious how widespread this is.

Maybe the Citi TYP staff have switched horses?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by myndreamland
I'm interested in applying for the Travelocity. Does the 4% back apply only on Travelocity purchase or any charge on the account? The link on their website seems to imply only Travelocity purchase but if you have the card, I'd love to confirm this.
only travelocity
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Anyone here whose AccountPow account is still active?
2 accounts still active, each with 1 bp
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by zenride
2 accounts still active, each with 1 bp
Interesting.

Have you tried using BP since the wave of shutdowns took place?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
I was shutdown last Fri. My wife's account had about 1K balance. I BP'ed out of her account (this Mon) and her account is still active. Her account is relatively new (about 6 weeks old) and I had loaded less than 5K on it and all BP'ed out and nothing else done.

So we still do not know the exact criteria for their recent cleanup.

Interesting.

Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:56 am

The BP's were before shutdowns, I'm not planning to do any more.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM; AS; GP D; HH D
The representative whom I talked with advised me that I should apply again and there shouldn't be a problem getting approved or anything. My guess is that this was an one-time operation and if we let it cool for a while, maybe we can reapply and resume it...until the next close-down. Therefore, I'd like to know if anyone has been successful in doing bill pay right now and not have their accounts closed. That'd mean they are done for now.
I was also advised to apply again, and that there would be no problem getting approved. I was also told to call in and explain ahead of time what my usage pattern would be - that way I could avoid getting shut down.

I'll try this after I get my check from them.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:44 pm

I'd also be very interested in learning if anyone here has successfully done a BP recently (since the wave of shutdowns, which appears to have begun around 6/14 and ran through a few days ago) - and has NOT had their account shut down as a result.

Anyone? Bueller?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
I am one, pl read a few posts before.

I'd also be very interested in learning if anyone here has successfully done a BP recently (since the wave of shutdowns, which appears to have begun around 6/14 and ran through a few days ago) - and has NOT had their account shut down as a result.

Anyone? Bueller?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:23 pm

Just called in and ordered 4x refund checks for my family's accounts. Hadn't used any of them since early April but pushed about 5k through each in March. Rep said the accounts were closed due to 'usage'...which is funny, because you'd think they'd want people to be using their products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.