Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by commdiver
Can we stop with the useless data points? Everyone who has spent time reading this thread should know that withdrawing MC loads leads to a shutdown.
So is it just withdrawing to a bank account what they don't like or is it withdrawing through Serve as well?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by doubleheader
So is it just withdrawing to a bank account what they don't like or is it withdrawing through Serve as well?
If you are getting the money to your Serve account by loading with the PPBDMC, you're fine. If you have linked your Serve account to your PP account as a bank and are withdrawing, you're going to have problems.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 10:04 am

Could PP easily tell the transactions are MO or BP, other than the round number amt + fee?

I wonder if doing MO or BP with odd amt would help lower the risk.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 10:55 am

What about withdrawing money added to the account via befrugal or bigcrumbs, etc? I had $150 deposit from AGC added to my paypal account to make it seem like I am using other than PPMC deposit.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 4:23 pm

So what do you do to cash out the fund in PP?

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
So as someone who Doesn't do MO, BP, or WD, have not received that email warning.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry
What about withdrawing money added to the account via befrugal or bigcrumbs, etc? I had $150 deposit from AGC added to my paypal account to make it seem like I am using other than PPMC deposit.
Mine goes in, I let it sit a few days and withdraw. But the amounts are not huge, not as much as other activity.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:20 am

Is google wallet consider safe?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by st0ne
Is google wallet consider safe?
There is no safe, just varying degrees of risk.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: SPG
I got the compliance warning email as well. I have my PP debit card on my serve account as the loading debit card (but not linked as a bank account, I didn't know you could do that even). I generally unload my balance through Serve and through MOs at Wal-mart. I have made some cash withdrawals, but that is usually to withdraw a repayment of Kiva loans or something of the sort.

This rash of warning emails makes me think they don't seem to like the withdrawal of large amounts at a time. I just created a new PP account, and I think I'll push my Kiva loans through that to minimize some of the volume, but this is no bueno.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:17 pm

Why don't you just use your PPMC for everyday purchases? If you're earning a good percentage loading it, might as well retain the account instead of risking it. You even get 1% additional for using the card, which is icing on the cake.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by freqflyercoll
I got the compliance warning email as well. I have my PP debit card on my serve account as the loading debit card (but not linked as a bank account, I didn't know you could do that even). I generally unload my balance through Serve and through MOs at Wal-mart. I have made some cash withdrawals, but that is usually to withdraw a repayment of Kiva loans or something of the sort.

This rash of warning emails makes me think they don't seem to like the withdrawal of large amounts at a time. I just created a new PP account, and I think I'll push my Kiva loans through that to minimize some of the volume, but this is no bueno.
What did you do? How much in cash withdrawals did you do?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Our family accounts have been getting the compliance email too, but I thought they were just items that all accounts got periodically. Am I wrong?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:36 pm

I haven't received one.

But as we know--that could change tomorrow.

Last edited by ZzzzX; Oct 14, 2014 at 9:45 pm
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:33 pm

warning from Paypal compliance Dept

today I got this email from paypal compliance dept:

Hello XXXXX,

We like to keep things safe and secure, including your PayPal account. To do this, we regularly check the activity on our customers' accounts.
We're not sure you're aware but it appears the My Cash has been used for deposits to your PayPal account, and then those deposits have been withdrawn.

The MyCash feature is for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases.

If we continue to see this activity of using the MyCash with your PayPal account for cash withdrawals, we may have to limit or close your PayPal account.

I never withdraw nor transfer cash out my paypal account. all transactions are on WM MC or loading into Serve. It looks that its compliance dept has wake up.

what is your guy's action plan after getting email? ignore it? or stopping use paypal?

Last edited by liw5215; Oct 15, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
today I got this email from paypal compliance dept:

Hello XXXXX,

We like to keep things safe and secure, including your PayPal account. To do this, we regularly check the activity on our customers' accounts.
We're not sure you're aware but it appears the My Cash has been used for deposits to your PayPal account, and then those deposits have been withdrawn.

The MyCash feature is for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases.

If we continue to see this activity of using the MyCash with your PayPal account for cash withdrawals, we may have to limit or close your PayPal account.

I never withdraw nor transfer cash out my paypal account. all transactions are on WM MC or loading into Serve. It looks that its compliance dept has wake up.

what is your guy's action plan after getting email? ignore it? or stopping use paypal?
If you've really never withdrawn to a bank account then it seems like their definition of "withdraw" includes Serve loads and high dollar WM pin transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.