Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by hitman1420
If you enter your PIN for PPMC, obviously it will be a PIN based purchased.

Don't confuse loading Serve at WM with loading Serve online.
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Loading at cashiers (as debit with a pin) in WM is debit pin.
Gotcha. I thought people were saying they could load Serve at WM and get the 1%. Never mind!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by subdawg
Gotcha. I thought people were saying they could load Serve at WM and get the 1%. Never mind!
I believe that someone was giving misinformation and did.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:03 pm

Differences Between RA and CVS PPMCs? Only Semi-Serious :p

I just recently realized that my local RA has PPMCs and the manager, himself, told me no problems buying this or any other gift card except GreenDot Reloads, with credit cards.

Now this may only be of interest to me, but I bought my first 2K allotment yesterday and in "processing" a few today, noticed some physical differences between these cards and the ones I normally get from CVS (up until now, CVS had been my only other source for PPMCs). The RA PPMCs are more "cardboardy" and do not break apart on the serration with the crisp "SNAP" that the CVS version has. In addition, the substance covering the card ID does not scrape away as easily or finely as the CVS version-- which I suppose is a good thing-- but I am always a bit concerned when you have to press or scrape harder and could end up scratching off the underlying numbers in the process.

I found this curious more than anything else.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by ronnyk
I just recently realized that my local RA has PPMCs and the manager, himself, told me no problems buying this or any other gift card except GreenDot Reloads, with credit cards.
PM me the location, I will buy every VR they have!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:17 pm

Paypal MyCash, this is not mentioned on the wiki and could not search it:

1. Can I use Paypal MyCash to pay bills at Walmart or Kmart Bill Pay to pay Chase Visa credit cards?.

2. Paypal MyCash can I use an ATM to withdraw? if yes which ones without a fee?.

3. I currently have 2 Paypal accounts Personal and Business will Paypal MyCash have any effect such as shut down?.

4. How to fund and load Paypal MyCash besides using Greendot Moneypaks?

-Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by ual902

1. Can I use Paypal MyCash to pay bills at Walmart or Kmart Bill Pay to pay Chase Visa credit cards?.

2. Paypal MyCash can I use an ATM to withdraw? if yes which ones without a fee?.

3. I currently have 2 Paypal accounts Personal and Business will Paypal MyCash have any effect such as shut down?.

-Thanks
1. Not directly. You have to load PPMC cards to your Paypal account first. You can then use the PP Biz DC to pay your WM or Kmart bills via their BP.

2. Nope

3. Again this is all dependent on your activities. If you are loading PPMC cards and then withdrawing them to your bank account with no other activity, then yes PP could flag that as unintended behavior. If you use the funds for purchases or sending money to friends/family, you should be fine.

4. Not sure what you mean by this. PPMC cards are like VRs where you fund the PP account just like you would the same for GD MPs. Are you talking about the prepaid PP DC or PP Biz DC?

Last edited by ericdabbs; Oct 8, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by ual902

-Thanks
1. Nope.
2. Nope
3. Non-sequitur
4. Non-sequitur

Visit the Paypal MyCash website directly, and read up on it. The card is used to Load money into your Paypal account, not a prepaid card itself. Which is why your first two question is false, and the last two don't really make sense.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by st0ne
now i have about $3000 in my paypal loaded with mycash. what next? any safe way to unload it?

spend some small amount via PPBDC, wait for a few weeks, and then withdraw to my checking? is this consider safe? thanks,
Wait... You loaded up $3000 BEFORE having an idea on what you had to do to get it back?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly
Wait... You loaded up $3000 BEFORE having an idea on what you had to do to get it back?
Details. It's always the details.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly
Well, we can expect a shutdown post sometime soon, and how Paypal is holding on thousands for 180 days....

Hint: go get a Serve Card, and find a Walmart nearby.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Well, we can expect a shutdown post sometime soon, and how Paypal is holding on thousands for 180 days....

Hint: go get a Serve Card, and find a Walmart nearby.
Hint: no need to get waste your (probably nonexistent) Serve card limits. Just find a walmart or kmart or whatever, and learn how to do a Billpay or buy MOs.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by st0ne
now i have about $3000 in my paypal loaded with mycash. what next? any safe way to unload it?

spend some small amount via PPBDC, wait for a few weeks, and then withdraw to my checking? is this consider safe? thanks,
I love these sorts of posts.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:56 am

Is anyone else getting this? I'm actually NOT withdrawing funds to bank or via ATM, at least not in the last couple of months.

---
Dear XXX,

We like to keep things safe and secure, including your PayPal account. To do this, we regularly check the activity on our customers' accounts.
We're not sure you're aware but it appears the MyCash has been used for deposits to your PayPal account, and then those deposits have been withdrawn.

The MyCash feature is for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases.

If we continue to see this activity of using the MyCash with your PayPal account for cash withdrawals, we may have to limit or close your PayPal account.

If you think we've made an error, here's how to contact us.

Click Contact Us at the bottom of the page.
Click Send us under Email Us.
Follow the instructions to complete the steps.
We value your business and appreciate your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Mickayla
PayPal Customer Solutions
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Is anyone else getting this? I'm actually NOT withdrawing funds to bank or via ATM, at least not in the last couple of months.
Are you buying money orders? I think PP changed the terms to imply you shouldn't. If not, what other purchases do you make? Maybe POS cashback?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
I had to check my e-mail just to see if I've gotten anything as I was pretty heavy last month.

Do you mix in any regular spend? Last month, I mixed in 14 regular spend/bogus transactions using my PPBDC usually always immediately after a PPMC load. The rest are all MS related and so far PP loves me. Always get e-mails for cash back bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.