Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChurnCzar
I got excited for a minute thinking that maybe the Paypal Prepaid Mastercard was on the list and the regular reload cards were still good - but that list shows both types of PayPal cards are cash only.
That's what I initially thought too...but then I tried...
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
Why did you get shutdown? Did you load and unloaded to your checking account?
I loaded Mycash cards to pp acct and then to the card. Did a fair amount of small dollar swipes and then did some BP's. They called me a few months ago when they froze the account the 1st time and said it was because of "CC rewards abuse" but then unfroze it and I was able to use it with no issues.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by toxicity
I loaded Mycash cards to pp acct and then to the card. Did a fair amount of small dollar swipes and then did some BP's. They called me a few months ago when they froze the account the 1st time and said it was because of "CC rewards abuse" but then unfroze it and I was able to use it with no issues.
what card did you use? Was it the prepaid or the business card? and why did they shut you down after they unfroze your account?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:02 pm

what card did you use? Was it the prepaid or the business card?
Prepaid with a throwaway personal paypal account (which is still open at this point)

Their reps are worthless and they didn't give me a reason. All he said was "the backoffice shut you down and you are banned from all netspend prepaid products".
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Prepaid with a throwaway personal paypal account (which is still open at this point)

Their reps are worthless and they didn't give me a reason. All he said was "the backoffice shut you down and you are banned from all netspend prepaid products".
so you still have your paypal account then, right? You might still be able to load your paypal account and unload with the business card. Or you can set up a system similar to AP (That's all I am going to say about this system).
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:25 pm

so you still have your paypal account then, right? You might still be able to load your paypal account and unload with the business card. Or you can set up a system similar to AP (That's all I am going to say about this system).
Yeah I still have to clear out a balance. Not worried, there are better avenues for me to use anyway at this point
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Yeah I still have to clear out a balance. Not worried, there are better avenues for me to use anyway at this point
I had no problems unloading with the business card...cashback at stores, MO, and BB loading(actually earned $1 per $100 loaded or $10 per month per card, recoup the reload fees). So I recommend getting the business card to unload your balance.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:30 pm

PP did not shut you down; Netspend did. Big difference.

Well, Found out today that I've been shutdown by PP and "am banned from all netspend products" lol.

They have a very odd way of doing business considering my account has been "closed" since March 31 but I never received any notification whatsoever of that happening.

Oh well
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by CrediPig
PP did not shut you down; Netspend did. Big difference.
Fair point.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:07 am

Getting this error after logging into their PP account on the PP My Cash website:

"sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Anyone seen it before?

Happened after logging into two separate accounts; InPrivate/Incognito browser...
Old May 2, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by dedkends
Getting this error after logging into their PP account on the PP My Cash website:

"sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Anyone seen it before?

Happened after logging into two separate accounts; InPrivate/Incognito browser...
Unfortunately I'm also experiencing the same. It said something a little different earlier... and I was able to load last night with no issues.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here - lots of browsers, cleaned out all cookies.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:19 am

It's working now
Old May 2, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coinwhomper
It's working now
Thanks for the post - same for me.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:59 am

I went to CVS and was able to purchase a paypal mycash the other day. Casher did not bat an eye. Mind was blown.

So are most people just loading paypal mycash and making a couple purchases here and there and withdrawing the money. Or is everybody just transferring the money to a friend?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by commdiver
I hate linking to this blog, and I hope that I am mistaken, but looking at the memo here, it looks like the card is on there ("PayPal $20-$500").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.