Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze
+1, forgot about that. $10 cash back on the 1K in loads too.
Are serve loads still counting as a debit signature purchase? I tried it for the first time last week and it counted as a debit pin purchase. Maybe bc I loaded at money center?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
Are serve loads still counting as a debit signature purchase? I tried it for the first time last week and it counted as a debit pin purchase. Maybe bc I loaded at money center?
Still counts as sig purchase for me.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:18 am

If you enter your PIN for PPMC, obviously it will be a PIN based purchased.

Don't confuse loading Serve at WM with loading Serve online.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by BussingIt
I got greedy and had 4 accounts(two people) shutdown....only thing new was loading serve but I assume that wasn't it. I called in and was fired as a customer and funds will be held for 180 days. This shutdown hurts!
What was your load and unload pattern? Please share..thanks
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by MSerforfun
What was your load and unload pattern? Please share..thanks
It does not matter. He withdrew to a bank account, which is why he was shut down. You can fully load and unload a PP account over the next two days (since there is a $3,000 spend limit per day) without ever being shut down. Just do not withdraw to a bank account...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
It does not matter. He withdrew to a bank account, which is why he was shut down. You can fully load and unload a PP account over the next two days (since there is a $3,000 spend limit per day) without ever being shut down. Just do not withdraw to a bank account...
Unloading all of it to a bank is a no-no. But in a mix of other activity, small amounts could work.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:31 pm

IME with 4 cards all 6 y/o, I load only 2 accounts that send random amounts to the other 2 that are constantly receiving. These accounts that receive money never sends money to the other 2. For the accounts that receive money fee free using F&F, I let them sit in the account for a couple of days to one week before withdrawing to a bank account. Have done this for the last 2 years now and have not gotten a warning that it's not allowed.

I do not suggest this strategy for new cards less than a year old with no online or ebay purchase history. As always, we do what we can, and prepare for whatever consequence(s) there is.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Does anyone know if the PP Debit MC works with paying Property Tax? Does it earn the 1%? TIA
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze
MO.

Don't push it to your checking.
thank you. i think i will stop by WM tomorrow...
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If I'm just small fry loading $4000 per month from CC to PPMC to fund Serve via debit I shouldn't expect any problems, right?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by msp3
If I'm just small fry loading $4000 per month from CC to PPMC to fund Serve via debit I shouldn't expect any problems, right?
You are loading the paypal monthly max and draining it? You should always expect a problem. Maybe not this week, maybe not tomorrow, but possibly, at some point.

I'd consider using the account in additional ways. I'd also consider how much in your PP account you can live without for several months--if they freeze it. I have an upper and lower bar. I won't let the account go above (don't want that much frozen) or below certain amounts (I want at least that much available for spending and unplanned extra spending). I never drained to 0. Never drain all of it to Serve.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:46 am

Loading at cashiers (as debit with a pin) in WM is debit pin.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Does anyone know if the PP Debit MC works with paying Property Tax? Does it earn the 1%? TIA
IME, PPBDMC codes as credit, not debit for property tax. You'll earn 1% from PP but not worth it for the 2+/- % charged by the tax authority. Of course, YMMV, so you should try it for yourself to find out for sure. After plugging in all info, you should be able to see how much you're charged in fees before the final payment submission. Same goes for federal estimated tax, it codes as credit. Unfortunate, because I have huge property and personal tax bills
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Did anyone encounter the denied card with tender not allow message when unloading PPBDC in Walmart money center express (kiosk)?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by cchuang1980
Did anyone encounter the denied card with tender not allow message when unloading PPBDC in Walmart money center express (kiosk)?
Last load was a week ago. It was fine then. On occasion, I've gotten that message and on a second swipe it's fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.