Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by member7777
I was wondering if common sense would return to this thread.
Please take your questions and questionable comments to pm if you need further information.
A public service announcement made in the hope that we can communicate what is necessary in private, where it belongs.
edit
thank you
Thanks Pcharles for the PM and answering my question. Big help.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:10 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 5:52 am
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:14 pm

No, never had any luck at DG.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by shadabing
Eh... lot of details to this one. Not as easy as getting a BA visa and get 100K points.

If i can ask...

1)can i just use the ink bold to get gift cards at Office Depot and get 5X on buying that card alone. It's at least getting a like 5000 points for buy $1000 card. No?
2) vanilla re-load card (if i can find one) i put as much as i can up to the daily limit and then pay for mortgage or something. Only time i get points (meaning using am ex blue, ink bold, vanilla reload) is the 5x points for buying the re-load card?

thanks for helping us slower folks. Some of this IS rocket science. thank you.
But you do bring up a good point: If you are not familiar with the game, do not put much, if anything, at risk. Be sure you know exactly how things should proceed before moving forward, since screwing up something related to gift cards and credit cards can cause major headaches and be hazardous to your wealth.

In a pinch, if you can't find the answer in the thread, ask. You will also find that help will always be given at Flyertalk to those who ask for it.

Mike
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:05 pm

deleted

Last edited by mizzou1; Jan 13, 2013 at 5:20 pm
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
Data point: I use Vanilla Reloads to load up the MVD, and used the MVD to pay my Federal and State taxes. Both went through as debit purchases (I made sure before submitting). The convenience fee does go through as a separate purchase, so this is 4 transactions for a total of $2.00 in fees from Vanilla. All-in-all, I couldn't be happier. It sure beats the ways I've paid taxes in past quarters.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by maanfi24
Data point: I use Vanilla Reloads to load up the MVD, and used the MVD to pay my Federal and State taxes. Both went through as debit purchases (I made sure before submitting). The convenience fee does go through as a separate purchase, so this is 4 transactions for a total of $2.00 in fees from Vanilla. All-in-all, I couldn't be happier. It sure beats the ways I've paid taxes in past quarters.
Bravo, nice when access is there for all products necessary
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>>>>Data point: I use Vanilla Reloads to load up the MVD, and used the MVD to pay my Federal and State taxes. Both went through as debit purchases (I made sure before submitting). The convenience fee does go through as a separate purchase, so this is 4 transactions for a total of $2.00 in fees from Vanilla. All-in-all, I couldn't be happier. It sure beats the ways I've paid taxes in past quarters.

GREAT News! This would be my first use of the card. I wonder if ONE big tax payment will get them to kill it. Perhaps I should split it into two different payments (instead of a Big one)...This means I need to go on a Vanilla marathon run today Monday!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by gpapadop
GREAT News! This would be my first use of the card. I wonder if ONE big tax payment will get them to kill it. Perhaps I should split it into two different payments (instead of a Big one)...This means I need to go on a Vanilla marathon run today Monday!

The total of my State and Fed payments was over $3k, and my account is still open. I didn't try to do more, but the T&C say that there's a max load of $2500/day via vanilla reload.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:14 pm
jdl

Are there other places besides CVS to buy MyVanilla Debit cards? There are no CVS in Colorado and loading with VRs is not an option now that Walgreens have gone to cash only. Thanks for any other ideas.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
Anyone with knowledge of beans in the greater NOLA area mind sending me a PM? I had a great source in town but when I tried to reup there this weekend they told me they were no longer accepting credit cards. I told them I had bought beans there with credit card previously and they said that was just a special offer for Christmas where they let people buy all gift cards with credit cards. I didn't push the issue with the manager but it appeared hard-coded into the register. Any help would be much appreciated?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Originally Posted by MSYnola
Anyone with knowledge of beans in the greater NOLA area mind sending me a PM? I had a great source in town but when I tried to reup there this weekend they told me they were no longer accepting credit cards. I told them I had bought beans there with credit card previously and they said that was just a special offer for Christmas where they let people buy all gift cards with credit cards. I didn't push the issue with the manager but it appeared hard-coded into the register. Any help would be much appreciated?
If it was a WG then that seems to be true based upon the reports in the BB thread.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:10 pm

Was able to pay fed taxes at payUSAtax.com for $3.49 convenience fee from MVD.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hamburglar
Was able to pay fed taxes at payUSAtax.com for $3.49 convenience fee from MVD.
I don't have a permanent MVD, but with taxes on the horizon, I guess I should be getting ready-can someone post limits on the MVD again?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by member7777
I don't have a permanent MVD, but with taxes on the horizon, I guess I should be getting ready-can someone post limits on the MVD again?
I used a temporary card to pay and the max is $3k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.