Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bobfather
I'm going to posit right now that account closures are related to fee "violations". Either not leaving enough money in the MVD account to debit the fee, or allowing your balance to go negative at any time for fee assessment.
No. I was closed with plenty of balance left to cover fees.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Ha! Same here - never a negative or even close. Closed with a 4 figure balance.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:12 am

So both of you are saying you 100% never missed paying a fee?

As in, you never zero'ed out your account, ever, in order to leave enough money for MVD to assess whatever fee?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:17 am
Suspended

As in, you never zero'ed out your account, ever, in order to leave enough money for MVD to assess whatever fee?
Correct
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.

Correct
Sounds like we need a new theory as to why accounts are getting closed.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: No preference
I'm going to posit right now that account closures are related to fee "violations". Either not leaving enough money in the MVD account to debit the fee, or allowing your balance to go negative at any time for fee assessment.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I don't see a problem with paying some occassional fees, as long as I'm still turning a profit. Everybody needs to be happy with the deal, or folks will back out or change the terms entirely. I feel confident that I can make money with this product and avoid a shutdown.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah. More than happy to pay the fees that they assess. No need to cheat them out of their $1.95.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by thegasguru
There is no theory....just a speculation, justification and the imagination. If -ve balance is the issue, is it so difficult to send email asking for it and issue a warning not to let the balance go below zero? seems to me hitting the 'Panic' button, and more like shoot to kill.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:22 am

Me too
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by thorax
Me too
Ditto.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by thegasguru
Umm, not being profitable to Incomm?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:43 pm

Just had my account put on hold. Called in and they said I have to move my money in 48 hours.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greendx
Umm, not being profitable to Incomm?
Is Incomm losing money by folks buying VRs and doing cash advances (which they're now collecting $1.95 from)? I would think Flyertalkers would be PROFITABLE for them, no? That it would be CVS and the credit card issuers that are losing the money. How does Incomm lose money on this activity? Do they pay CVS a commission on the VRs, and lose money if folks redeem them for face value?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
Is Incomm losing money by folks buying VRs and doing cash advances (which they're now collecting $1.95 from)? I would think Flyertalkers would be PROFITABLE for them, no? That it would be CVS and the credit card issuers that are losing the money. How does Incomm lose money on this activity? Do they pay CVS a commission on the VRs, and lose money if folks redeem them for face value?
You also pay $3.95 fee to get your VR - Incomm probably has a major cut on the fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.