Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:48 am

they just try to play with wrong guys
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH DIA, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA
My vanilla debit

I have done a cash advance today and it worked fine.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Myvanilla
josephstern pls countdown time to death of these ....ers MVD ......a few days will go bankrupt !!!
I don't think they're going anywhere.

Interestingly, while the site is still down, I did get some email alerts from them.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:51 am

yep and how long you suggest will have cash liquidity
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:58 am

and i think this week will not up site .......and what kind of prepaid will survive without online one week

Last edited by Myvanilla; Mar 26, 2013 at 10:14 am
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently back up - if you need a peek at your balance, run, don't walk!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by wpast
Yes, I even went down to 500.
Anyone else have problems purchasing MO in this amount? From early in the thread I had thought the limit was $800 per purchase. Alternatively, anyone had success with larger MO purchases?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:45 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by Lemma
Anyone else have problems purchasing MO in this amount? From early in the thread I had thought the limit was $800 per purchase. Alternatively, anyone had success with larger MO purchases?
Largest that I've done is $800... not sure on the upper limit (if there is one). Curious to know as I have a ton of VR's that I need to cash out.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Largest that I've done is $800... not sure on the upper limit (if there is one). Curious to know as I have a ton of VR's that I need to cash out.
I did one at $996.89 last week.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Currently back up - if you need a peek at your balance, run, don't walk!
how long do you thing ... ? a few hours make a bet
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Do Walmart MO's show up as "Walmart"? Or do they show up as a "Money Order" or "Walmart Money Center"?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
Do Walmart MO's show up as "Walmart"? Or do they show up as a "Money Order" or "Walmart Money Center"?
They show up as "Wal-Mart Super Center" for me. YMMV.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Lemma
If people are getting shut down for loading and taking CA, I suspect ATMs would be no different. Either way they see you loading and immediately withdrawing cash. And with the ATM option you are paying much higher fees.

Cash back might be okay, but they know you are getting it because they charge $1.95 instead of $0.50 transaction fee if you do, and the amount you can get per transaction is limited by the retailer so it's not a very good deal.

I think the best way to use this is to buy MOs, but even that may not be safe.
As was written earlier, MOs at a WM Supercenter, for instance, show up on your statement as a purchase from a WM Supercenter. So unless there's coding of which we're unaware (anyone know if this is not the case?), or unless you're doing a lot of MOs, this would seem like a safe way to liquidate. After all, would making purchases of, say, between $800 and $980 three or four times per month, mixed in with several purchases every week, seem all that unusual? I did my first MO with a MVD yesterday without incident. Additional MO data points from others would be helpful to many of us.

Also, for those of you who have had accounts shut down and would like to receive your money back now -- not in three, four or however many weeks Incomm chooses -- in addition to having received my money back in two business days after filing a complaint against Bancorp with the FDIC, another FT poster PMed that he received his check two days after filing an FDIC complaint too. I suspect Incomm may be a little slower to shut down accounts if it can't hang onto others' funds for weeks or even longer.

And regarding shutdowns, it has been a week or so since anyone on this thread has reported a shutdown. If you're shut down, please post on this thread. It will help those of us still playing to know if that was a temporary or permanent crackdown.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:00 pm

I am guessing MO was what got people shutdown. WM probably filed some document and caused the source to be flagged. But that is just my speculation.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by yoyo
I am guessing MO was what got people shutdown. WM probably filed some document and caused the source to be flagged. But that is just my speculation.
is there anyone that did strictly CAs and got shutdown?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.