Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Red face

Originally Posted by kokonutz
In this particular CVS (which just happens to be near my house) there are NEVER cards on the VR rack. Doesn't matter time of day nor day of week. I have only ever found them at that store in stacks hidden among the other cards. Of course, when I do, I take two and put the rest back on the proper rack. ^

Never have a problem finding them at the CVS near my office, though, so this only becomes an issue on the weekends.

As I say, I think it's pretty unsporting.
Crazy things people do to get their ice cream
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:04 pm

Definitely not worth fighting over at CVS. They seem pretty good about restocking them in the different CVS stores of South Florida. However, back when Office Depot had them. I remember seeing an OD employee restocking them and he had a big box of them. I would have loved to just buy that entire box right there!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
I don't understand why you'd need to hide them in the first place. There's tons of CVS stores and they restock when inventory is low. Is that incorrect?
The only time the store does not reorder automatically is when people hide the cards. Then the inventory system still thinks the rack is full so cards are not ordered.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:02 am

Thats what I mean. What is the point of hiding them? Its not like they're gonna run out.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
Thats what I mean. What is the point of hiding them? Its not like they're gonna run out.
Tell that to those of us with empty racks...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Tell that to those of us with empty racks...
Perhaps someone has hidden a few VRs behind the toilet papers and could not find it later ... That's why the rack is empty and remains empty!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Perhaps someone has hidden a few VRs behind the toilet papers and could not find it later ... That's why the rack is empty and remains empty!
Those of you with ready access find it unbelievable that others have little or none. We had to resort to other tactics and paths, kind of like those without water on the movie "Dune".
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:58 am

I've got one local store that used to have quite a few, but after i went through most of them, they haven't restocked in weeks. I've searched the rack a few times to make sure they weren't hidden, but given the amount of CVS's in the area, i can't imagine people would hide them here and not drive a mile or two down the road to find a bunch of them.

One place i've found has been happy to break up the purchases into $1k increments, so i don't have to just purchase $1k at each store...I ask them to break them up and no issues with it. And they are well stocked...can't wait for my third Amex GC to arrive this week and head there.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
One place i've found has been happy to break up the purchases into $1k increments, so i don't have to just purchase $1k at each store...I ask them to break them up and no issues with it. And they are well stocked...
Hang on tightly to that store!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:10 am

For those loading and draining their My Vanilla Debit, how much are you loading per month? I'm considering ordering additional MVDs (I have one), so I'm wondering if anyone is coming close to maxing out two or even three MVDs per month, as the card's terms permit?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Can you withdraw money out of your vanilla debit? Or you can just put money into bluebird? And can you withdraw money from bluebird?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can ACH right from BlueBird into your bank account.

It seems that this might raise some red flags, but I've done it a few times now.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I ordered my Vanilla card today! Will go to local TX CVS and try to buy reload cards with my cc asap!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:07 pm

Good way to pay taxes

Last edited by AnitaBryant63; Mar 2, 2013 at 3:19 pm
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:01 am

If this card processes as a debit, it's a good option for IRS payments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.