Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
Although I was able to load my 'spend down' cards in the past, as of this afternoon I can't - the VR site now gives an error that the MVD card(s) being loaded are invalid (and say to check if it is a card partner, etc etc). Cards still show in spend down though and can check balance. Exactly what I'd expect to see if they had fixed the glitch to prevent these from being loaded, just a heads up...
I am getting the same error.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Me too.

I think this might actually and finally be the end.

Originally Posted by gomike
I am getting the same error.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Further data point - STILL can't log into account online. Can access balance via phone.

Just cashed out another $2k via WM this evening, so still going strong. Getting leery on putting more on card however. Total spend YTD is 37k, so nearing the annual limit regardless (and a new BB month starts in 2 days).

Hope this helps. I don't have a reason why I'm still alive but so many others have been shut down....
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Further data point - STILL can't log into account online. Can access balance via phone.

Just cashed out another $2k via WM this evening, so still going strong. Getting leery on putting more on card however. Total spend YTD is 37k, so nearing the annual limit regardless (and a new BB month starts in 2 days).

Hope this helps. I don't have a reason why I'm still alive but so many others have been shut down....
this reminds me of the Wire HBO television show, season 2 episode 21 where we learned that a company may keep a suspicious account active during an investigation even if the customer stops paying the bill. The service at issue in the Wire was a drug dealer's cellular phone that had a "do not disconnect" order even tho he stopped paying the bill.
So if your card is still working that is good news, they clearly do not have the goods on you yet. When they close your account and shut you down, then they might have the goods and close the investigation for that reason.
We can all learn so much from "the wire".
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
this reminds me of the Wire HBO television show, season 2 episode 21 where we learned that a company may keep a suspicious account active during an investigation even if the customer stops paying the bill. The service at issue in the Wire was a drug dealer's cellular phone that had a "do not disconnect" order even tho he stopped paying the bill.
So if your card is still working that is good news, they clearly do not have the goods on you yet. When they close your account and shut you down, then they might have the goods and close the investigation for that reason.
"the wire" great show.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
Funny stuff Current balance < $100.... will dramatically slow down loads/ unloads now since I'm bumping up on 45k..... happy have used this for as long as it's lasted

Wire WAS a great show, especially the earlier seasons....
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Loaded $2.5k today and CA $2,400 at the bank. The card declined when the bank teller tried $2,498. Must also include a $.50 transaction fee? I can't figure out otherwise....
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
My recommendation would be to also include your SSN and a copy of a utility bill (proof of current address). Otherwise you may end up with another round of doc submission, with it being not received / lost etc. Best just to lump it all and over submit. Remember to call them shortly after you submit to get them to confirm receipt. Don't simply trust them to have received it and to start processing.
Thanks for the advice. I didn't send in anything extra, but I did fax and also email them the documents requested. I called about 2 hours after I sent them and they were able to confirm the documents were received. Now I just have to wait a few days and see if they release the hold. if I am released, I will probably avoid CA and do more MO and at more locations for less to try and stay under the radar.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:36 pm

I can access my balance by telephone, but my transactions at WM got declined. I guess I will have to submit my documents and wait it out. I have a large balance on that card and it sucks leaving it in limbo knowing that some people have had bad experiences with getting them to release the hold.

My other card that was in spend down mode also got shutdown over the weekend after two CAs. I can't login online anymore on that card, but I have a balance of a nickel on that card so I don't really care about it.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:17 pm

So the $45k limit may or May not reset on Wednesday?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by healthnut
Loaded $2.5k today and CA $2,400 at the bank. The card declined when the bank teller tried $2,498. Must also include a $.50 transaction fee? I can't figure out otherwise....
actually when CAing the fee is $1.95 and not $.50 does your bank charge a fee as well? Or did you have a slight negative bal before you loaded the $2500 by not subtracting the proper amount for the fees from previous transactions?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by craz
Quote:

Originally Posted by healthnut

actually when CAing the fee is $1.95 and not $.50 does your bank charge a fee as well? Or did you have a slight negative bal before you loaded the $2500 by not subtracting the proper amount for the fees from previous transactions?
I don't have any previous transactions... Actually totally forgot about this card and had extra VRs, so I figured I'd CA them and the account would be closed.

The bank did not let me know of any fees so maybe he didn't know the bank (Chase) has a fee? I definitely subtracted the $1.95 and we made it $2 just to be safe. When he put in the $2498 it declined and he said it may be that the card has a limit for cash advance. I said no and gave it back and had him try $2400. It went through.

Card is still active, so for the remaining $98 can I just take it to any ATM and get out $96-additional ATM fees??
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:12 pm

anyone else having trouble logging into all of their accounts? I'm not able to log into any of mine, and I think it has to do with a recent disputed transaction.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by makinbutter
anyone else having trouble logging into all of their accounts? I'm not able to log into any of mine, and I think it has to do with a recent disputed transaction.
Disputed trxn? You're not using this card for real purchases are you?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 8:59 am

Same experience as above, my two cards that are in SD mode I cannot load any longer. One of them went into SD after just 10k in loads/unloads! Sad. For those in SD mode, if I zero this out will it close the account? I'd like to try and get a 4th/5th card if possible. My GGD lasts until April!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.