Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by member7777
Ha ha you are pretty funny. On almost all your points.
Maybe you don't understand that if CVS magically made my MVD go $1000 in the hole, which potentially I could be responsible for, that every time you buy an mvd with a prepaid you might have nothing, or owe $1000.
If that is a panic attack, sorry, I think it is something very disturbing to those that scale mvd.
How so? MVD should be able to see how that happened and it has already told you why it is so.

When you get into the Prepaid, you are fully aware of the potential peril should things dont go the way expected / hoped for. Need to have the ability to float the funds in case there are some snags that takes time to sort out. Plain and simple.

The panic sets in because your web gets too big too fragile... if you only do what you can comfortably afford to...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:26 pm

Was this isolated incident that's happened to no one else (that I know of) really worthy of an entirely new thread?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
How so? MVD should be able to see how that happened and it has already told you why it is so.

When you get into the Prepaid, you are fully aware of the potential peril should things dont go the way expected / hoped for. Need to have the ability to float the funds in case there are some snags that takes time to sort out. Plain and simple.

The panic sets in because your web gets too big too fragile... if you only do what you can comfortably afford to...
You so funny, I am very comfortable, except when companies steal my money, and then I get very uncomfortable.
Thanks for your concern though.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:29 pm

Well I try not to have a big balance on my BB. I basically load and spend most of it, trying to keep a few hundred after the mortgage, credit card bill etc...

I certainly participate in the OD/CVS transaction scheme, but I always feel like it can collapse and end at any time.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You so funny, I am very comfortable, except when companies steal my money, and then I get very uncomfortable.
Thanks for your concern though.
There is no evidence companies steal your money. MVD does not steal your money, nor CVS. Something went wrong in the process of activating the card. That needs to be looked at and eventually get fixed.

Didn't someone posted before some "bogus" VR cards missing 4 digits in the PIN and caused an alarm of "inside job"? Several posters also had similar issue, at least 2 such incidents happened with cards bought from same store.. Vanilla Reload fixed the problem which most likely was a defective batch that went out to the store than the speculation of "inside job" to steal money. It took a week or so but the issue was resolved, the original poster was kept whole of the money spent once Vanilla's investigation was complete.

I believe your case would be fixed in due course, too. Companies do not go out to steal your money, at least not the way you perceive. That is almost certain.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:39 pm
Suspended

There is no evidence companies steal your money. MVD does not steal your money, nor CVS. Something went wrong in the process of activating the card. That needs to be looked at and eventually get fixed.

Didn't someone posted before some "bogus" VR cards missing 4 digits in the PIN and caused an alarm of "inside job"? Several posters also had similar issue, at least 2 such incidents happened with cards bought from same store.. Vanilla Reload fixed the problem which most likely was a defective batch that went out to the store than the speculation of "inside job" to steal money. It took a week or so but the issue was resolved, the original poster was kept whole of the money spent once Vanilla's investigation was complete.

I believe your case would be fixed in due course, too. Companies do not go out to steal your money, at least not the way you perceive. That is almost certain.
xxxxxx
Someone at CVS refunded my transaction 3 times.
They are either stealing or purposely effing me.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 25, 2013 at 1:24 am Reason: removed insult
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
xxxxx
Someone at CVS refunded my transaction 3 times.
They are either stealing or purposely effing me.
I understand you're very frustrated with the current situation, but I think Happy has a point. You need to calm down a bit and don't jump to conclusions too quickly until you know all the facts/angles. Hopefully things will get resolved and you'll get your money back quickly. Please keep us posted. There are risks involving in this game after all.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 25, 2013 at 1:24 am
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Sounds like doing all this prepaid card crap is a recipe for disaster at some point.

Hope it works out for ya, dude.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:06 am

+1. I mess around with prepaids a fair amount, but I'm always conscious of the amount of 'real' money I've got sitting around to pay the bills (i.e., not tied up in cards). If at any point you're relying on your 'card' money (psychologically or otherwise), alarm bells should be sounding.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Interesting, I heard from a store manager at CVS that there were employees that somehow ripped off customers by refunding purchased giftcards/debitcards in the system and pocketing the cash. He insisted I keep my receipt for all transactions and to speak directly to him if I had problems with any purchases made from his store. I don't know exactly how they do it but sounds like you may have been a victim of one of these types of actions. Hope the best for you and please keep us posted on the outcome!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:36 am
Suspended

Update

Spoke to CVS cs this am.
Explained problem, rep completely understands situation.
"cannot access record, too soon from purchase date, turning over to research, 5-8 business days."
I said I wasn't very happy, she promises to call me back from Rhode Island as soon as she has an update.
Didn't want the Amex prepaid info, only the MVD card # etc.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by huynhc
Interesting, I heard from a store manager at CVS that there were employees that somehow ripped off customers by refunding purchased giftcards/debitcards in the system and pocketing the cash. He insisted I keep my receipt for all transactions and to speak directly to him if I had problems with any purchases made from his store. I don't know exactly how they do it but sounds like you may have been a victim of one of these types of actions. Hope the best for you and please keep us posted on the outcome!
Gift cards and pre-paids are one of the highest employee fraud items at retailers. A friend of mine used to work in loss prevention and has interesting stories to tell about gift cards that people paid real money for just to find out a few days later that there was no money on the card.

You could certainly have a situation like this here, although it is hard to tell.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by drminn
Gift cards and pre-paids are one of the highest employee fraud items at retailers. A friend of mine used to work in loss prevention and has interesting stories to tell about gift cards that people paid real money for just to find out a few days later that there was no money on the card.

You could certainly have a situation like this here, although it is hard to tell.
I'm glad my exposure was only $500 it could have been oh so much worse. Sworn off gc for good.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:02 pm

maybe it's a good idea to check the MVD balance, using your cellphone, before ever leaving the parking lot.

there's always another new twist to come in this game.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 27, 2013 at 1:06 am
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shoreline
maybe it's a good idea to check the MVD balance, using your cellphone, before ever leaving the parking lot.
I guess I haven't explained this very well.

Card was loaded correctly. Sometime after that, and apparently everyone is at risk, someone at CVS refunded my purchase against the MVD balance 3 times. So unless you are next door to a OD, CVS, and your bank you could be dinged at anytime between loading and unloading. Calling to verify funds only is accurate at that exact moment.
edit
and if you loaded additional funds on that temp card with VR all the money would be at risk

Last edited by member7777; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.