Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Re: my temp card woes ... just realized I did a $1500 bill pay last week on the same card. I'm guessing there may be a transaction limit for the temp card because what I tried yesterday was larger.
So, you forgot you already did a PIN transaction on the temp card?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:29 pm

any one asked to close the account and send the account balance check? How long did that take?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Amex PR Gold, Hertz Gold, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by TTT103
Call me a geek, but I read through the terms and conditions twice and see nothing about debit limits. The only thing I see is that you can have no more than $9,999 loaded to the card at any time and can load no more than $500 X 5 daily via VR's. Where are the debit limits coming from?
Geek...

Post #1282 is the first to mention the $45k limit and although its not in the T&C the CSR seems to have told him about the limits.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zenride
So, you forgot you already did a PIN transaction on the temp card?
Hehe yeah. Thought I did it on another card via WM BP but my Mint/MVD accounts say otherwise.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
The only thing I see is that you can have no more than $9,999 loaded to the card at any time and can load no more than $500 X 5 daily via VR's. Where are the debit limits coming from?
I've just looked again and don't see any load limits / month like I've posted earlier.
Debit limits are not posted on the website, but have been posted in this thread by someone who has talked to a CSR.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
I'm with catpaws here.

FYI - on my current shutdown I was asked for ID, SSN, receipt and VR copies. However on calling in to confirm today they are also asking for proof of address using a current utility bill.
How many VR copies have they asked for? All or just last month?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by rgar7
Geek...

Post #1282 is the first to mention the $45k limit and although its not in the T&C the CSR seems to have told him about the limits.
Smartie pants!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:56 pm

So, is the loading the issue here or the CA/MO? I was hoping to load 5K or so a month (like another BB) and then CA it out at 1500 at a time or so, who cares about the 50 cent hit.

Also, will this throw up red flags - a billpay for many CC bills using this card:

http://www.chasingthepoints.com/2013...a-buxx-update/
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
I've just looked again and don't see any load limits / month like I've posted earlier.
Debit limits are not posted on the website, but have been posted in this thread by someone who has talked to a CSR.
I'm with you.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
So, is the loading the issue here or the CA/MO? I was hoping to load 5K or so a month (like another BB) and then CA it out at 1500 at a time or so, who cares about the 50 cent hit.
Doesn't seem like much.. but, Experiment! Get Shutdown! & Add to the Datapoints!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by LoveMountains
How many VR copies have they asked for? All or just last month?
Initially he said all. I then said 'that's too many' and he came back with 'since Sunday 17th' For me this was 10 cards. Unfortunately across two $5k purchases so matching up numbers against 2 receipts.

I just got confirmation that they've received the last proof from me and it has been forwarded to compliance and now it is the 3-5 days wait. I have $5k held up.

I had issues with incomm during the HIGC bonanza and found that the 3-5 days after proofs can be as short as 24 hrs.

However I think for Prasha11 or others who are demanding their money, rather than just resolution of the hold on their account it may take longer as they will need to have a refund processed, or routed through additional reviews.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:22 pm

FYI CSR kept asking me to fax in 'power of attorney' and I told them it didn't make any sense but they kept trying to explain to me what 'power of attorney' was, and of course it turned out to be "proof of address".
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
I just got confirmation that they've received the last proof from me and it has been forwarded to compliance and now it is the 3-5 days wait. I have $5k held up..
They told me that too, then after 5 days they said it should be just another day or so. On day 9 I called and the rep said "it can take 10 days" lol. However I have little $ left in the account so maybe I'm low on the priority list. I've been told (as have others) that compliance in this case is Bancorp.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
They told me that too, then after 5 days they said it should be just another day or so. On day 9 I called and the rep said "it can take 10 days" lol. However I have little $ left in the account so maybe I'm low on the priority list. I've been told (as have others) that compliance in this case is Bancorp.
Very helpful.

I plan on calling in often! Politely, of course, but not trusting their system to work as planned.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by rgar7
Geek...

huh? anyone actually run into this yet? i could have sworn i would have hit this by now if it did....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.