Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by prasha11
CFPB forwarded my complaint to fdic. wait and see?
Suppose so. In my case they sent it to the bank for a response, which led to me getting a call from them telling me I could withdraw my money in cash. I think generally federal regulators work that way, where they send your complaint to the company you're complaining about first and wait for their response before they take any further action.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:15 am

That was quick. I sent a complaint to CFBP last night and this morning everything was unlocked.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Finally got hit after very heavy load / unload. However when I called in they went down the path that others have reported wanting proof that it is you who is loading. (ID, SSN, VR receipt and copies of the VR).

This suggests to me that they are trying something new where instead of the old active for 48hrs to drain they instead want to show to any Federal audit that they have processes to demonstrate no laundering or terrorist money. If I'm right this will mean that MVD might become much more stable for MS once you've passed. We'll see.

Anyone had their account unfrozen this way and actually closed after emptying?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
Finally got hit after very heavy load / unload. However when I called in they went down the path that others have reported wanting proof that it is you who is loading. (ID, SSN, VR receipt and copies of the VR).

This suggests to me that they are trying something new where instead of the old active for 48hrs to drain they instead want to show to any Federal audit that they have processes to demonstrate no laundering or terrorist money. If I'm right this will mean that MVD might become much more stable for MS once you've passed. We'll see.

Anyone had their account unfrozen this way and actually closed after emptying?
Did U use credit card? then its "credit card laundering"?
some terrorist have credit cards, Drivers L/c and SS # so asking before opening the account would be safer?
They want to know why are U loading /unloading and pay $1.95 + $3.95? that is suspicious ?

Last edited by prasha11; Nov 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Did U use credit card? then its "credit card laundering"?
some terrorist have credit cards, Drivers L/c and SS # so asking before opening the account would be safer?
They want to know why are U loading /unloading and pay $1.95 + $3.95? that is suspicious ?
No. I think they want to check a box that says 'done due diligence' and then ignore.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:48 pm
Suspended

does anyone know what the turnaround time is between using vanillareload.com to load the mvd and the time when the funds are there so you can make a purchase?
is it instantaneous?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
does anyone know what the turnaround time is between using vanillareload.com to load the mvd and the time when the funds are there so you can make a purchase?
is it instantaneous?
I loaded a few VRs to MVD the other day. The funds were available immediately.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kjgco
I loaded a few VRs to MVD the other day. The funds were available immediately.
Thanks for the fast reply. The reason I ask is because I want to avoid the hassle of having a large amount of money tied up by the patriot act police. I think Im going to get a 5 dolla footlong and sit in the walmart subway loading my 4 VRs to my MVD and right when I'm done get up and get my MOs.

(then go back to finish my sammie, unless someone else saw me leave it behind and started gnawin on it, assumin i would not come back)

they can put the alert on my account when I have less than $100 in it.

it is nice to read that the consensus is that MVD is just trying to satisfy auditors/irs in freezing accounts by collecting more info, as opposed to netspend, who freezes your account because you are not using the card for "everyday spending" aka they are nickel and diming you into bankruptcy.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:43 pm

Note it is just speculation at this point

it is nice to read that the consensus is that MVD is just trying to satisfy auditors/irs in freezing accounts by collecting more info, as opposed to netspend, who freezes your account because you are not using the card for "everyday spending" aka they are nickel and diming you into bankruptcy.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:51 pm

I think Im going to get a 5 dolla footlong and sit in the walmart subway loading my 4 VRs to my MVD and right when I'm done get up and get my MOs.

Suspicious activity?

(then go back to finish my sammie, unless someone else saw me leave it behind and started gnawin on it, assumin i would not come back)

they can put the alert on my account when I have less than $100 in it.

I don't think anyone had an Alert for less than $100 in it. whats the point? they wait for appropriate time and always a surprise!

it is nice to read that the consensus is that MVD is just trying to satisfy auditors/irs in freezing accounts by collecting more info,

never take the factual basis for someone else’s conclusions
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
Note it is just speculation at this point
I think it's pretty accurate speculation. See this article (relevant quote about 1/3 of the way down, beginning with "We're setting up systems..."), for example. The link is about Green Dot, but I would expect all the prepaid companies to be following suit.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have a temp card, ordered the permanent but have been able to load VRs to it. Went to WM to do MO/BP but it was declined. Wanted to try, ended up putting it on other card.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
I have a temp card, ordered the permanent but have been able to load VRs to it. Went to WM to do MO/BP but it was declined. Wanted to try, ended up putting it on other card.
Did you set your pin?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bean
Did you set your pin?
When I signed up for the online account.

When I call in and enter the PIN I can access my account.

Last edited by amolkold; Nov 19, 2013 at 6:05 pm
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Pin only works on the permanent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.